Start by marking “Tome of Death (Megan Clark, #4)” as Want to Read:
Tome of Death (Megan Clark, #4)

Tome of Death (Megan Clark #4)

This librarian and her reading group solve mysteries by the book.
Megan Clark must unravel the mystery behind a burial site in the Palo Duro Canyon containing two corpses--one a human skeleton, the other a mummy in Comanche garb--murdered more than 100 years apart.
Published February 1st 2005 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Tome of Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tome of Death

Carol Gibson
Dec 25, 2015 Carol Gibson rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This is the first time I read this author. This book I believe is the fourth in a series. I found the book light reading. I enjoyed the double mystery the one taking place in today's time and the one taking place 130 years in the past.

The author knows her Amerindian cultures and I that added to the book. I really enjoyed the part of the book set in the past with the Comanche tribe. The author dove tailed the two mysteries together very well with both motive and how the new investigating the mur
Helen
Dec 29, 2015 Helen rated it liked it
A bit better than the second and third in the series, but I wish the author would put her scholarly introductions at the end. I skipped this one, as I wasn't interested enough in the topic. These are supposed to be cosy mysteries, not scholarly treatises.
I think this author takes herself too seriously.
Kathryn
Jul 27, 2016 Kathryn rated it it was ok
Parts of the book were enjoyable enough that I laughed out loud, but overall the characters weren't gripping, and the age difference was actually fairly disturbing to me. Animal ownership was the best and most realistic part of it. I would definitely try something else by the author, but this series may not be my cup of tea.
Amanda Aelker
Jun 06, 2016 Amanda Aelker rated it really liked it
The different storylines were sometimes confusing, but both were good stories.
Susan
Jul 05, 2012 Susan rated it it was ok
This book is about the investigation of two murders. One took place many years ago in a Native American tribe. The other was more recent, and that is the one that the members of the Murder by the Yard book club concern themselves with. I found it distracting that the story bounced back and forth between the two murders. It was also distracting that sometimes the modern day story was told in the first person by Ryan and other times in the third person. The relationship between Megan and Ryan got ...more
Grace
Jul 27, 2011 Grace rated it liked it
Okay, started off good and then.... the main character veered off into not very likable. This is the fourth in the series, but the first I've read. But it seemed uneven and not thought out about mid-way. Everytime I think I could write a book, I read one that started promising and then fails. There is a reason J.K. Rowling is rich, people! Not everyone can write well.
Dany
Aug 26, 2015 Dany rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-cozy
A decent cozy that had an interesting twist, with both a modern and a historical mystery. Pretty obvious on the killer and the interactions between the two main characters read a little weird and awkward, but still pretty decent.
Leslie
Oct 03, 2012 Leslie rated it liked it
A nice easy read, but not as good as the last book. I did like the juxtaposition of the modern mystery and the 1860's Comanche murder mystery.
Julie
Sep 16, 2008 Julie rated it liked it
Recommended to Julie by: Jona Titus
Shelves: mystery
Fourth in the 'reading club' mystery series. Interesting double mystery format.
Tess
Tess marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
BARD MATTHEWS
BARD MATTHEWS rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Scott L.
Scott L. rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Tammy Goldthorpe
Tammy Goldthorpe marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Tara Fleming
Tara Fleming marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Maya McMullan
Maya McMullan marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Donald Keller
Donald Keller rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Pat
Pat rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Ellie
Ellie added it
Jan 29, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Sonja
Sonja rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Greta
Greta rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Emma
Emma rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
(from Fantastic Fiction online)

D.R. Meredith, Doris to friends and family, has a split personality--by day, she is a conservatively dressed legal secretary at her husband Mike's law firm. By night she turns into Mrs. Hyde dressed in jeans, flip-flops, and Texas Rangers tee shirt, and commits bloody murder.

She is now in double digits. In her fourth book in the Megan Clark mystery series, the 18th
More about D.R. Meredith...

Megan Clark (5 books)
  • Murder in Volume (Megan Clark, #1)
  • By Hook or By Book (Megan Clark, #2)
  • Murder Past Due (Megan Clark, #3)
  • Murder By the Book (Megan Clark, #5)