Start by marking “Bargain With The Devil” as Want to Read:
Bargain With The Devil

Bargain With The Devil

Hunter Manning seeks revenge on Paul Rylan who destroyed his father several years ago. His revenge is in seducing Paul's son's Eric's wife hoping to destroy their marriage.

Stacy Rylan offers herself in an immediate marriage to stop the threat.
Paperback, Candlelight Ecstasy #26, 217 pages
Published September 1981 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about Bargain With The Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bargain With The Devil

Maria
Dec 18, 2015 Maria rated it liked it
A little better than some of the others written at this time (1981) and in this genre, it still does not approach Ms. Krentz's later work, like Eye of the Beholder (1999), for example, which also has a "revenge" possibility theme but is handled in a much more mature way. Getting closer, however. My main problem with the book is the dialogue. Stacey's responses are generally made out of anger and I think they would have been better (and usually the same) if she had used a more reasonable approach ...more
Lisa
Jan 30, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it
This book wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, given its age and premise. Even though the hero is domineering and possessive to the point of ridiculousness, it's not as bad as some of this author's other works from this time period.

The premise of the book is that the hero, Hunter, is out to revenge himself upon the heroine's family for a decades-old business deal involving their fathers. Rather than get his revenge through shrewd business tactics or something along those lines, Hunter decides t
Amanda
Feb 16, 2014 Amanda rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
This book was published in 1981, which may have been why I found the story and the character behavior so horrible. Actually, I could have dealt with the plot, even though it was ridiculous. I've read books with ridiculous plots and liked them. But the characters...specifically the male lead...was awful. I'm not sure if he was supposed to be the 1981 version of Christian Grey or not, but he was overbearing and borderline abusive. I just can't buy a romance where the man tells the woman what she c ...more
Farah
Mar 01, 2014 Farah rated it really liked it
I never thought I'd ever EVER read a book with that kind of theme and like it but I actually did , It's one of those books that have a hero you love and hate at the same time ... it's an 80's book so I let some things slide .. because I understand things were a lot different back then when it came to relationships between men and women and since the book didn't take it too far I was able to enjoy it without being pissed.

Hunter had a very menacing personality bordering on really mean sometimes
Saskia
Aug 20, 2013 Saskia rated it did not like it
I think this book should come with trigger word warnings or something. I guess I should have known what it would be like, seeing as it was published in the 80s... The main character is the most abusive a**hole ever. Be aware. This book triggered some horrible feelings in me.
Jessica
Jan 17, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: category-romance
This book is so weird. Wonderful and horrible and complete crazysauce at the same time. One of the few from this period that I'd be tempted to re-read.
Bookwarm
Jun 08, 2015 Bookwarm rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Cheri
Cheri rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Wendy Hebert
Wendy Hebert marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Cj
Cj marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Megan Holst
Megan Holst marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Dominika
Dominika marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Lauconn
Lauconn rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2016
R
R marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Debra J Peterson
Debra J Peterson marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Shayla
Shayla marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Mary Fay
Mary Fay rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Danielle Gwinn
Danielle Gwinn marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Susan D. Long
Susan D. Long marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Hridya
Hridya added it
Aug 01, 2016
Mona Livsey
Mona Livsey marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Zaanodes
Zaanodes marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Lyn
Lyn rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Melinda Curtis
Melinda Curtis rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Hal Lynch
Hal Lynch rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Jenny Hudson
Jenny Hudson rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Janice Bolick
Janice Bolick marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
  • Nightwalker
  • Stormy Challenge

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant
More about Jayne Castle...