Start by marking “Miss Malarkey's Field Trip” as Want to Read:

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Miss Malarkey's Field Trip

Miss Malarkey is leaving the building.
A field trip is the highlight of every school year. Students everywhere look forward to this break from the regular class routine.

Miss Malarkey has never been in charge of running a class trip before. Bringing her students to the Science Center is a real adventure. The class really digs the dinosaur exhibi
Published June 27th 2006 by Walker Childrens (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Miss Malarkey's Field Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Malarkey's Field Trip

Kelly Grimes
personal reaction- I think this is a very fun and energetic book because of the little adventures the students partake in on a field trip and also because of the vibrant illustrations from page to page. First, the illustrations were so bubbly that it kept me wanting to read onto the next page. Second, the adventures the students went through made me remember all the exciting field trips I went on when i was in grade school. I think this book would be great to read when a class is going on a fiel ...more
Lindsay Garber
Personal Reaction:
I really like this book because the story is engaging and entertaining for both the teacher and the students. The illustrations enhance the story by showing how chaotic, yet exciting field trips are for elementary students. Examples include a detailed illustration of Miss Malarky touching the electricity ball at the science museum, with her blonde hair sticking up and her eyes wide open. This is the perfect book to read to children the day before a field trip!

Purposes:
-Read alo
Courtney Raymer
Personal Reaction- I personally really enjoyed this book because I knew as a young child I really enjoyed going on field trips. I like how this book takes you along on the field trip with Miss Malarkey's class so you feel like you are actually there. The story line is very exciting so children will never get bored and the images are so realistic children are always engaged.

Purpose:
Read aloud for curricular purposes-
You could read this book to your class before you go on a field trip. This is
Spencer Gold

I always enjoy Miss Malarkey books as a reader and as a teacher. This book shows how difficult it can be to take students on a field trip. I really like the names the author gives to the teachers to show their true personalities. The book does a wonderful job of showing all the nonsense that the teacher goes through when dealing with kids. Fincher truly captures the essence of being a teacher and the headaches that can go along with it.

The illustrations had me focused on Miss Malarakey and he
Ashley
I love the Miss Malarkey books and have read a few of them. This one was no exception. With interesting and trouble happening on every page. So cute and good.
Dolly
Jul 29, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our oldest loves the Miss Malarkey books and picked two of them out to read during a library visit. They are fun and a little bit silly and they help depict teachers as real people, with lives outside of school (can you believe it?) This is a funny tale about a science center field trip and we enjoyed reading it. We liked comparing the book to a recent field trip I'd gone on with her class to the Natural History Museum.
Tate
This book is so funny. I love it when Miss Malarkey puts her hand on the static electricity ball. It makes me laugh. But, everybody goes on the field trip, not just Miss Malarkey.
Jennifer Ho
Cute book to read to children when you are about to go on a field trip. The book gives ideas of what children can expect when going on a field trip with their class.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
It is about some kid that got to the science place. M & L
Rocio Martin
Rocio Martin marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Traci
Traci added it
Apr 19, 2015
Brittany Gray
Brittany Gray marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Tasha Heino
Tasha Heino marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Marie
Marie added it
Jun 26, 2014
Sage
Sage marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Dak
Dak added it
Feb 01, 2014
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Elaine
Elaine added it
Aug 16, 2013
Kari
Kari added it
May 18, 2013
Kirstin Keller
Kirstin Keller marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Miss Malarkey Leaves No Reader Behind Testing Miss Malarkey Miss Malarkey Doesn't Live in Room 10 Miss Malarkey Won't Be in Today Congratulations, Miss Malarkey!