Start by marking “O'Malley Chronicles, Volume 1 (O'Malley #1-3)” as Want to Read:
O'Malley Chronicles, Volume 1 (O'Malley #1-3)

O'Malley Chronicles, Volume 1 (O'Malley #1-3)

4.65 of 5 stars 4.65  ·  rating details  ·  539 ratings  ·  31 reviews
The O'Malleys are a close-knit clan of seven men and women who have held together against all obstacles by depending on one another. They have each successfully taken on the challenge of a high-risk profession, heroically dealing with life-and-death situations every day. But when cancer strikes their sister Jennifer, can the family survive a crisis that threatens one of th ...more
Published August 11th 2004 by Multnomah Publishers (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about O'Malley Chronicles, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O'Malley Chronicles, Volume 1

Kimberly Pearson
I have read the entire series and could not wait for the next one to read! I have loaned all my books in this series out and rarely get them back, so I have to replace them because they are ones to re-read!

The series is based on 7 foster children who stayed together and protected each other through adulthood. Once they all reached adulthood, they legally changed their last names to O'Malley and chose to be siblings forever.

Each book covers one sibling and their career choice and their journey t
~ EpicFroggy ~ *Loves Tweedle-Dee!*
Dee Henderson has figured it out. Her books have the perfect balance of romance, mystery, and spirituality. I love her storys because I don't have to wory about there being anything bad in them, and they're amazing books to read.
Bethany
I read this whole series in high school and loved it - each book is an on-the-edge-of-your-seat psychological thriller. If you like Christian fiction I definitely recommend it!
Elaine Davis
I love Dee Henderson's O'Malley series and I'm usually re-reading the series as I wait for a new book to come out. She has a new book coming out in Apr, 2014 and I can't wait!!
Paz Field
Completley captivating from the first to last page of every book. The first three O'Malley Chronicles are my faves - theyre a bit more high octane than the last three, but Volume 2 is a lot deeper as the situation with Jennifer worsens. The sense of humour is unique and adds feeling and a lighter side to the gritty crimes each of the O'Malleys deal with in each of their books. You are left with a new meaning of the word family and love.
Romance-wise, these are some of the most beautiful romance
Amy
Family, Faith, and lots of action. The O'Malley Chronicles contains all three.
I really enjoyed this series.
Cindi
Jul 27, 2009 Cindi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
I read the first two books in this volume for my book club. Some day, I might read the third book but I just couldn't do it now. I could not get in to these books. The writing is fine and the author is very knowledgable on many different subjects. And I liked the spiritual aspect and lack of vulgarity.

However, I found the story too slow for this genre. The characters never seemed real to me and the dialouge doesn't ring true. I had to force myself to continue.
Annika Paxman
Okay, so I enjoyed this book, but like Cindi, I thought it a bit slow for the genre. I was impressed with the author's knowledge about the characters different occupations, but there was a lot of sit around and read case files, and not a lot of suspense action. As far as a mystery, it was definitely there, but as for suspense I found it lacking.
Ann
Mar 11, 2009 Ann added it
These 3 novels are the first works of Dee Henderson's I've read. It is Christian fiction with good character development. A 'potato chip book' with Christian character development. The characters are far from pristene, so the spiritual struggles are more true-to-life than some Christian fiction books.
Savannah
As always - fall in love with the O'Malley family all over again. On to the next Volume!
Leonie Schroder
Jun 08, 2008 Leonie Schroder rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
I loved all these books. Dee Henderson has such a way with words and is a very talented author - one of my favourites. Love how this 'family' is not your normal family but one that 'became' from their own choosing and a matter of survival.

luv it ... thanks Dee ;0)
Kathryn
Jul 19, 2008 Kathryn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kathryn by: Mother in law
These were good stories. For me, I think it was hard to get through because it seemed so daunting in the one book. I probably would have liked it even more if I read one, and then after books by other authors, read another.
Shelly
This series is good if you can get past the constant calling of the family "The O'Malleys". I do wish they had told more about the main charaters' past, so that you would have a better understanding of who they are.
Hannah
I had read these before as separate books and loved them and then my mom had gotten this one and the Vol. 2 also. I really liked the stories. Dee Henderson is one of my favorite authors.
Denise Carter green
Some of the best Christian fiction I have read! Dee Henderson is a great author! These books capture your attention immediately...very well written.
Melissa
I read book #6 first by accident, but was then turned on to the series and fell in love with every book! I could not put them down!!
Stephanie
This was a great series. I fell in love with the characters. I couldn't put these down. I read all 7 in about a month. Loved it.
Christie
Not bad for Christian fiction. It was decently written and kept my attention. In fact, I liked it enough to order the 2nd volume!
Victoria Neely
When I read all the books I just had to have the compltet series and this was the best way to do it.
Melanie
I read all six and they are really good books. I like Dee Henderson. She is a good writer.
faithful
These were all fabulous stories that kept you on the edge of your chair and wanting more.
Aurelia Savage
I've listened to all 3 of these so far and enjoyed all of them. Excellant books
Tammy Pohle
I really liked the entire O'Malley Series. I couldn't put these books down.
Amanda
Very good series. I would like to reread them someday.
Karen
I love her books. They're page turners.
Meredith
Super cheesy... but relaxing and fun.
Dianna
The negotiator is my favorite
Chancey Singleton
I love love love this series
Jolie Mcdaniel
A great Christian series
  • Echoes (The Michelli Family Series #3)
  • Million Dollar Dilemma
  • White Chocolate Moments
  • Stand-In Groom (Brides of Bonneterre #1)
  • Lethal Legacy (Guardians of Justice, #3)
  • Nothing but Trouble (PJ Sugar, #1)
  • Word of Honor (Newpointe 911 #3)
  • Controlling Interest
  • Blind Dates: Four Stories of Hearts United with a Little Help from Grandma
  • Dream a Little Dream (Mule Hollow, #4)
  • Moon Over Tokyo
  • Suspicious Minds: A Novel (Squeaky Clean Mystery, #2)
  • Reason and Romance (Austen Series, #2)
  • Sisters, Ink

Dee Henderson is the author of 14 best-selling novels, including the acclaimed O'Malley series and the Uncommon Heroes series. As a leader in the inspirational romantic suspense category, her books have won or been nominated for several prestigious industry awards, including the RWA's RITA Award, the Christy Awa
More about Dee Henderson...

O'Malley (6 books)
  • The Negotiator (O'Malley, #1)
  • The Guardian (O'Malley #2)
  • The Truth Seeker (O'Malley #3)
  • The Protector (O'Malley #4)
  • The Healer (O'Malley #5)
  • The Rescuer (O'Malley #6)
The Negotiator (O'Malley, #1) The Truth Seeker (O'Malley #3) The Guardian (O'Malley #2) The Healer (O'Malley #5) The Protector (O'Malley #4)