Start by marking “Mortalis (Corona: DemonWars)” as Want to Read:
Mortalis (Corona: DemonWars)

Mortalis (Corona)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,665 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The long struggle is over at last. The demon dactyl is no more, its dark sorceries shattered by the gemstone magic wielded by the woman known as Pony. But victory did not come easily. Many lives were lost, including Pony’s lover, the elf-trained ranger Elbryan Wynden.

Despite the dactyl’s demise, the kingdom still seethes in the same cauldron of plots and machinations. But
Published April 1st 2001 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Mortalis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mortalis

Benjamin Thomas
Nov 25, 2014 Benjamin Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-epic
R.A. Salvatore has written his absolute best book to date. That is not easy for me to say, because I have read most of his works, and always enjoy them. Sometimes his novels are full of action but fall a little short on plot. Sometimes they have mostly strong characterizations but almost always there are one or two who seem out-of-place or need some rounding out. But his stories always bring enjoyment to my reading eyes.

But this time, he has topped all of his previous efforts. Even his Dark Elf
Kristin
I really really liked this book. There was so many different things going on in Corona. So many different people and so many different stories. There was so much chaos and pain going on throughout the entire book. The Rosie Plague found its way to Corona and spread throughout the land. There was no hope and the Monks and the King and his men hid from the plague. There were few that were brave enough to go out and help the victims of the plague. Very few.

After the horrible pains and trials that P
Jeff
Jul 26, 2014 Jeff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I put off reading this book for a long time after finishing the previous trilogy because I was not overly impressed with those books. However, I after finally getting back into the series for some summertime travel reading, I found this book rather enjoyable. It is an introduction to the second Demonwars Saga, and picks up the story of Jilseponie, the royalty of Honce-the-Bear, and the Abellican church shortly after the previous trilogy ends. More than anything else it is a story of change and t ...more
Darren
Aug 24, 2013 Darren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid 3.5 - a decent segue between the Demonwars saga and the next trilogy. To my mind, a little heavy on the church politics and Jilseponie angle. Also, at times the dialogue felt a little too forced, if I can say that.

I preferred the original trilogy to this book, actually, despite the fact that I could really feel the emotion through RAS' writing.
Justin Harvey
Jan 27, 2014 Justin Harvey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Possibly Salvatore's best work to date. As a fluke, it was the one Demon Wars novel in the library that I went to several years ago, and despite being the transition book for the two Demon Wars trilogies, I was able to get right into it. Salvatore brings more emotion into this book than any previous works. Highly recommended.
KostasAt
6/10

Το τέταρτο της σειράς δουλεύει σαν ενδιάμεσο που φέρνει την αλλαγή του κόσμου από την πρώτη με την δεύτερη τριλογία.
Το βιβλίο αυτό δεν έχει καθόλου δράση (με αυτά που μας έχει συνηθίσει ο Salvatore δηλαδή), όμως έχει την αλλαγή, την καταστροφή που έρχεται μετά τον πόλεμο και την αρρώστια που πέφτει στον κόσμο με τους πρωταγωνιστές να έρχονται αντιμέτωποι με έναν εχθρό διαφορετικό που δεν έχουν ξανα αντιμετωπίσει.

Συνολικά είναι λίγο μέτριο βιβλίο καθώς τραβάει πάρα πολύ και ίσως αν ήταν λίγο
Kyleigh
Pretty good. Slower than the others have been. I was pretty disappointed by this book because I have heard from many sources, including Salvatore himself, that this is the best book he’s ever written. I just didn’t feel that. It was good enough, but not great, and certainly not the best he’s done. I liked where Pony ended up, but watching her get there was a little painful. Francis was the true hero of the novel, giving any hope of life to follow his beliefs. The whole plague theme had a lot goi ...more
Norman Howe
May 22, 2015 Norman Howe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is a much more mature story than I have come to expect from Salvatore. Bravo!
Frances Vermeulen
Het was best lastig om 'in het verhaal' te komen, als je de voorgaande trilogie niet hebt gelezen, maar als alle namen een beetje zijn ingezonken en het plot van start is gegaan is het een goed boek. Niet meer en niet minder ^_^
Debbie
Jan 03, 2010 Debbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a hard time getting into this book. I kept putting it down for the first half. It just wasn't as compelling at first as the last series had been. Maybe it was the fact that there wasn't some evil force to be fighting, just disease and indifference. Also, the whole sequence about Prince Midalis befriending the Alpinadorians wasn't especially interesting to me. By the end, though, I found myself drawn in. I will definitely be reading the rest of these.
Dennis Duggan
It starts off a little dry, political wranglings in in the church to see who their next leader will be until the plague hits and they hide behind the walls out of fear instead of helping the people. The heroin Jillseponie saves the day after dealing with the loss of her husband and unborn child, unbeknownst to herself the child still lives, and the stage is set for the next novel
Jeff
Jun 07, 2013 Jeff rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Had to bail out about 2/3 of the way through. I really liked the first book of the series, second was good but not as good as first, third was good but not as good as second, and Mortalis just went too far away from the characters I liked to be enjoyable for me.
A
Feb 06, 2011 A rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Newton Nitro
Apr 11, 2016 Newton Nitro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book the two trilogies of the world of Corona. Nice book to enter the series.

Esse livro liga as duas trilogias do mundo Corona. Ótimo livro e funciona até sozinho, como uma obra completa. Temas: sofrimento, sacrifício, fé.
Jefferson F
Didn't really enjoy this book as much, it felt like Salvatore started spinning his wheels in the third act I'm not sure If I will be finishing this series.
Nessa
Mar 20, 2013 Nessa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Demon Wars series is too tied to religion / church for my taste. I prefer the books in the Forgotten Realm series
Ruth Kyle-devendorf
Had to finish this book before i started my next paper!! =) only have 3 books left in the series....
Ash
Aug 17, 2012 Ash rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The main character's name is "Pony". It's been years, and I still can't get over that.
Rj Roles
Jan 17, 2014 Rj Roles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books
another really good book in the series
Jade
Jade added it
May 05, 2016
David
David is currently reading it
May 05, 2016
Jeremy W. Fowler
Jeremy W. Fowler rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
thomas naber
thomas naber rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Fiona Liddle
Fiona Liddle marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Curtis
Curtis added it
Apr 25, 2016
Anthony Filandro
Anthony Filandro rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Jon
Jon rated it really liked it
Robert Engle
Robert Engle marked it as to-read
Karna
Karna marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
  • Insurrection (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #2)
  • Extinction (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #4)
  • Condemnation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #3)
  • Annihilation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #5)
  • Resurrection (Forgotten Realms:  War of the Spider Queen, #6)
  • Daughter of the Drow (Starlight & Shadows #1)
  • Dissolution (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #1)
  • Silverfall: Stories of the Seven Sisters (Forgotten Realms)
  • Realms of Valor (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #1)
  • The Siege (Forgotten Realms: Return of the Archwizards, #2)
  • Sacred Knight of the Veil (The Queen's Blade, #4)
  • Darkwell (Forgotten Realms: The Moonshae Trilogy, #3)
As one of the fantasy genre’s most successful authors, R.A. Salvatore enjoys an ever-expanding and tremendously loyal following. His books regularly appear on The New York Times best-seller lists and have sold more than 10,000,000 copies. Salvatore’s original hardcover, The Two Swords, Book III of The Hunter’s Blade Trilogy (October 2004) debuted at # 1 on The Wall Street Journal best-seller list ...more
More about R.A. Salvatore...

Corona (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Demon Awakens (Corona: The DemonWars Saga, #1)
  • The Demon Spirit (Corona: The DemonWars Saga, #2)
  • The Demon Apostle (Corona: The DemonWars Saga, #3)
  • Ascendance (Corona: The Second DemonWars Saga, #1)
  • Transcendence (Corona: The Second DemonWars Saga, #2)
  • Immortalis (Corona: The Second DemonWars Saga, #3)
  • The Highwayman (Corona: Saga of the First King, #1)
  • The Ancient (Corona: Saga of the First King, #2)
  • The Dame (Corona: Saga of the First King, #3)
  • The Bear (Corona: Saga of the First King, #4)