Start by marking “The Way of the Bull (Fawcett Crest Book)” as Want to Read:
The Way of the Bull (Fawcett Crest Book)

The Way of the Bull (Fawcett Crest Book)

A journey toward fulfillment. A quest for awareness. Leo F. Buscaglia inspires you to discover your own road to peace.

Here is the beautiful story of Buscaglia's travels from Japan and Hong Kong to Cambodia and Calcutta on his personal quest for discovery. As he learned, according to centuries-old Oriental tradition, the bull represents life, energy, truth and action. But o
Published February 1st 1984 by Ballantine Books (first published August 13th 1957)

To ask other readers questions about The Way of the Bull, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way of the Bull

Tom Lewis
May 25, 2013 Tom Lewis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My (And the author's) favorite of his many writings. I read it after reading a number of his other books and saw in it the living reality of his philosophy. On the surface it is a mere telling of his travels in the East. Underneath it is akin to his Acts of the Apostles. The way he expresses his valuation of the lowliest of people in the slums of Calcutta brings tears to my eyes every time I read this book. Honestly I wouldn't recommend that this be the first of Buscaglia's works you read. Or th ...more
Dec 27, 2007 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: my mother's bookshelf
Speaking of identity quests through Asia, this guy covers a lot of ground. I like that he lets stories speak for themselves instead of miring them in gobble-dee-gook, and there are some amazing stories about connections between human beings, but it was not as life-changing as the 1970s back cover promised.
George Smith
Dec 04, 2016 George Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this as a give-away paperback in wooden book library box that some group has put up along the paths in my city (a great idea: take a book and bring another back). This was published in 1973 and covers travels in the orient to various countries (Japan, of course, but many others). It is thus dated and old, probably these places were visited in the late sixties. It would have been helpful if the author gave the date of these visits ...Cambodia, for example, in the mid-70s shortly after the ...more
Tristy
This book purports to be the author's personal spiritual journey, but really, it's a story of his travels around the world. There really isn't much spirituality in the book, except for the usual "we are all one" kind of epiphany. There are plenty of much better spiritual journey stories out there. But if you are interested in a man's travels through mostly Asian countries in the 1960's & 70's, you might find this interesting.
Christi
This book is the reason I wanted to travel the world. And I did do just that. Leo inspired me to get out there and see the great big world and all the people who are just like me, only different. I learned that everyone really has the same wants and fears- and the Jesus is the answer for everyone. Great book!
Agi
Mar 06, 2013 Agi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like Buscaglia's gentle style and his drive to see not just the tourist attractions while traveling but to meet the every day people of each place . His accounts are fascinating to read and clearly he had a lot of fun.
Sabihah
This book is about Leo Buscaglia's travels through Asia. What I learnt was that sometimes we should not judge a book by its cover (people are not always what/how they appear at first) and also to be open to new experiences, to be flexible otherwise you might lose out on some wonderful experiences.
Nikish Chanekar
I read the book. Book felt nice and warm. but i perhaps was expecting too much from.
Elliott
Jul 21, 2007 Elliott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better travel books I've read. I like that Sri Lanka is still Ceylon in this one.
Lisa Sellers
Feb 02, 2013 Lisa Sellers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cursillo
Awe
Madjid
Aug 11, 2009 Madjid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
درباره این کتاب در کرم کتاب مطالب بیشتری نوشته ام.
Eva
Jan 07, 2014 Eva rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book, but suspense is missing!!!
Joshua
Jun 28, 2008 Joshua rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read, though as the author suggests I prefer to take my own path - not merely follow his.
Patti
Patti rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2010
Jack
Jack rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2009
Ogreart Art
Ogreart Art rated it liked it
May 29, 2015
Benjamin
Benjamin rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Bridget
Bridget rated it it was ok
Oct 07, 2012
Rnippert
Rnippert rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Maria Skaber
Maria Skaber rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2012
D-Dee
D-Dee rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2011
Beverly Kennett
Beverly Kennett rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2012
Smuggs
Smuggs rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2014
Khadija Hayoucht
Khadija Hayoucht rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Erkan Karagoz
Erkan Karagoz rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
Saleha
Saleha rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2012
Fani T
Fani T rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2015
Gregory Waggoner
Gregory Waggoner rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Iamcoffee
Iamcoffee rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2009
  • Letters to My Grandchildren
  • In Tune with the Infinite
  • Love and Exile
  • 50 Spiritual Classics: Timeless Wisdom From 50 Great Books of Inner Discovery, Enlightenment and Purpose
  • The Force
  • God And The Evolving Universe
  • Job's Body: A Handbook for Bodywork
  • Eco Barons: The Dreamers, Schemers, and Millionaires Who Are Saving Our Planet
  • Walking a Sacred Path: Rediscovering the Labyrinth
  • The Dance of Siva: Essays on Indian Art and Culture (Dover Fine Art, History of Art)
  • Quantum-Touch: The Power to Heal
  • Surfing the Himalayas: A Spiritual Adventure
  • God Game
  • Peace, Love and Healing: Bodymind Communication & the Path to Self-Healing: An Exploration
  • Letter from New York: BBC Woman's Hour Broadcasts
  • Zen and the Art of Running: The Path to Making Peace with Your Pace
  • The War of the Saints
  • Peace Is the Way: Bringing War and Violence to an End
Dr. Felice Leonardo Buscaglia Ph.D. was a professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Southern California. He was a graduate of Theodore Roosevelt High School (Los Angeles).

Leo Buscaglia authored a number of New York Times bestselling inspirational books on love and human reticences on the subject, including The Fall of Freddie the Leaf, Bus 9 to Paradise, Living Loving a
More about Leo Buscaglia...