Start by marking “The Smurfs and the Magic Flute: Featuring Johan and Peewit” as Want to Read:
The Smurfs and the Magic Flute: Featuring Johan and Peewit

The Smurfs and the Magic Flute: Featuring Johan and Peewit (Johan y Pirluit)

After having a magic flute stolen from them Johan and Peewit seek help in the Land of the Smurfs, where it was made.
Board book, 62 pages
Published January 1st 1983 by Random House (NY) (first published January 1960)

To ask other readers questions about The Smurfs and the Magic Flute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Smurfs and the Magic Flute

Nicolo Yu
The Smurfs and the Magic Flute, the second volume of the Papercutz series that reprint the original Smurfs stories in graphic novel format, contains the first appearance of the little blue people. The is actually a Johan and Peewit story that feature the Smurfs in a supporting role, but was repackaged as a Smurfs story began to grow in popularity.

It is not much of an introduction to the Smurfs, since the only Smurf with a distinct personality here is Papa Smurf. They don’t level yet in the lush
Mia
Jan 02, 2008 Mia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'mari kita mensmurf bahasa smurf dengan para smurfs!'.
ini dia bacaan gw sejak jaman sd dulu...
gila dah lama banget ga baca petualang para smurf ini!
satu yg unik banget dari bangsa smurf yg tinggal di desa jamur itu: bahasa smurf!
hampir semua noun/verb/adjective/adverb diganti dengan kata 'smurf'...kadang suka bingung juga bacanya he4x...
di buku ini mereka ketemu sama johan & pirlouit, duo konyol yg bener2 kocak, terutama si pelawak istana pirlouit dgn 'si jenggot' kambingnya itu!
bener2 dob
Nazareno
Jul 27, 2012 Nazareno rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Había una vez un chico que se llamaba Nazareno Fernando Fullana quería ser jugador de fútbol un día lo llamaron de España era el técnico del Real Madrid le dijeron si quería ir a jugar al Real (porque el jugaba en el club Drisdale de Carapachay y un día un dirigente del Real fue a ver al Drisdale y el jugador que mas le gusto fue Nazareno y así se lo dijo al técnico Jose Mourinio y así lo llamo)el entusiasmado dijo que si le pagaron el viaje a España el primer partido que jugo lo gano 3 a 0 2 go ...more
Thebruce1314
I didn't even know these comics existed, but happened across it and couldn't resist as I loved the tv series as a child. Don't be put off by the fact that the Smurfs aren't really the main characters in this story. It is more of an introduction to the setting. The story revolves around Peewit and Johan, two boys living in a medieval-type castle who happen upon a magic flute that cause people to dance when it is played. It is stolen by an evil robber and, of course, adventure ensues. Great read, ...more
Nicolas
Sep 04, 2012 Nicolas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This barely made the 3 star cut. The bulk of the story is Smurfless and follows the adventures of Johan and Peewit as they try to reclaim the magical flute. (It makes people dance.) Things picked up when the Smurfs finally showed up. They had some good fun with their confusing language. (Papa Smurf got royally smurfed off when Peewit said he was a smurf.) Also, Johan said "Heavens to Murgatroyd" which has got to be a worth at least a star.
Mark
Probably this is the first time Peyo show his most famous work, the Smurfs, in his lesser known work, i.e. Johan et Pierrot - or in this case, Pirlouit. The two heroes, Johan and Pirlouit, have to face an evil guy, Terdesakus, who has plan to take over the kingdom using foreign mercenary, with a little help from the magic flute made by the Smurfs.

Actually, I read this for the first time back in the '80s. Like it then. Still find it a fun read at this present time.
Philip Armstrong
Oh man the memories. I've loved the movie since I was a child and I'm so happy to finally read the source. Great story. Johan and Peewit are classic classic characters. It's neat how much of the comic made the translation to the film. I wish NBM would publish the rest of the Johan/Peewit stuff rather than riding the Smurf wave. I'm still happy this stuff is finally getting published. Just... Smurfs are Smurfs while Johan and Peewit are fruit and cake!
Duane
Nov 10, 2010 Duane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the second of the series of new Smurf graphic novels, we're gifted with the original story of how people were introduced to them. Although they don't actually appear in the book until three quarters through, the other characters in the book are both entertaining and well drawn. A great story to keep youngsters entertained and enthralled as they learn the story of the Smurfs and the adventures they get themselves into.
Peacegal
Sep 06, 2011 Peacegal rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
While I remember the Smurfs TV series fondly from my childhood, The Smurfs and the Magic Flute didn't hold my attention. The Smurfs are more or less bit players in a rather generic medieval story, and they don't show up until the second half of the book.

Also, the artist was still developing the Smurfs characters, so their looks, personalities and habitat aren't fully formed yet.
Christiane
This is the first story the Smurf's appear in! The story is about two friends trying to recover a stolen magic flute, which turns out to have been crafted by the Smurfs; some of the humor reminds me a little of the Asterix comics. Oh, and I guess the new Smurf movie is live-action! (Kind of hard to imagine, actually.....)
Vivi
Aug 21, 2011 Vivi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, comic
This comic has everything that children and adult would enjoy. The story is funny, engaging, timeless, safe for all age and drawn beautifully by Peyo. Available in various language, and because of the soon to be release Smurf the movie (3D), the comic series is re-released in English. Happy reading.
Riley
Oct 20, 2011 Riley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chris
Sep 27, 2010 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was amazing. I had no idea that the Smurfs had been around for 50 years in the form of a Dutch comic series. I don't know why this is tagged #2 because it is their first appearance. oddly they don't show up until the last quarter of the book.
James
May 25, 2007 James rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All who thirst for truth
I learned that the Smurfs had a very effective heirarchical structure led by their patriarch, Papa Smurf.
Mathieu
Jul 29, 2011 Mathieu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Attention ! Album historique ! Première apparition des Schtroumpfs !

Un très bon album, avec notamment de croustillants dialogues avec les petits hommes bleus.
Bunga Mawar
Kisah ini saya selesaikan saat murid2 kelas 2 menyelesaikan produk membuat brosur wisata negara Asia Tenggara. Kami sama2 menghabiskan waktu yang bermanfaat :p
Hari
Jul 25, 2007 Hari rated it liked it
Nice, some of my memories about them was nostalgic when I was Child. Anybody, can you search or give some information about it to me... ?
Maria
A medieval village and a magic flute. The humans needs the help of the smurfs. A very good reading for kids, funny and great art.
Emily
Dec 26, 2011 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I definitely recommend this for Cub Scout-aged boys, who will appreciate its slapstick shenanigans.
Derik Fred
Derik Fred rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Pricilia
Pricilia rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Mia
Mia rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2007
Karolina
Karolina rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2012
Fery Kurniawan
Fery Kurniawan rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2014
Bee-Man
Bee-Man rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2010
Nóinín
Nóinín rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2016
Prie Tea
Prie Tea rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2008
Ira Rupina
Ira Rupina rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2007
  • Ma Dalton (Lucky Luke Series)
  • Sarah Bernhardt (Lucky Luke #50 / #19)
  • Lucky Luke - The Dashing White Cowboy
  • Z comme Zorglub (Spirou et Fantasio, #15)
  • On the Edge of Life (Yoko Tsuno, #1)
  • Siang dan Malam (Agen Polisi 212, #1)
  • S.O.S. Météores (Blake et Mortimer, #8)
Pierre Culliford, known as Peyo, was a Belgian comics artist, perhaps best known for the creation of The Smurfs comic strip.
More about Peyo...