Start by marking “Knitting Heaven and Earth: Healing the Heart with Craft” as Want to Read:
Knitting Heaven and Earth: Healing the Heart with Craft

Knitting Heaven and Earth: Healing the Heart with Craft

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  7 reviews
From the author of the modern classic The Knitting Sutra comes an inspiring and colorful narrative on knitting through one’s darkest hours.

Susan Gordon Lydon’s groundbreaking book The Knitting Sutra offered a new way for knitters to look at their craft—as a healing and meditative endeavor instead of a granny hobby or an indulgent pastime. The first book without knitting pa
Published June 14th 2005 by Potter Craft

To ask other readers questions about Knitting Heaven and Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitting Heaven and Earth

Kerry
Knitting Heaven and Earth is an exploration of crafting as a healing force as told by Susan Gordon Lydon, the author of The Knitting Sutra. In it, Lydon discusses crafting (but most specifically, knitting) as an activity strongly associated with life’s transitions. She wrote about knitting for birth and knitting for illness, heartbreak and death.

In one section of the book, the sweater she knitted as gift for a dear friend struggling with mental illness and depression became a comfort to those l
Knitology
Sep 07, 2007 Knitology added it
Shelves: non-fiction
With Knitting Heaven and Earth, Lydon again breaks new ground, this time following the emotional ties that become bound up in her handicrafts when a series of wrenching events—a heartbreaking romance, the death of her father, a devastating diagnosis of breast cancer—leave her reeling. Through it all, Lydon finds new reserves of strength in knitting, in the skeins of sumptuous yarn and colorful thread that help her make sense of the trials of the heart.
Krissy
This was an extremely personal read. At times, I felt as if I was reading the author's private journal. The parallels between her life and things that have happened to me in the past year hit very close to home. Reading it was very cathartic. I was said to learn that the author passed away in 2005.
Stephanie Osterhout
I read this when my mother was dying from cancer. I knit a lot and it touched me when the author spoke of knitting certain things for certain occasions and how that item can bring back so many memories.
Melissa
I really enjoy Susan Gordon Lydon's writing, and the honesty with which she tells about her journey.
Ami Stearns
This book was so sad I almost couldn't get through it.
Martha
struck me to the core
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Jenny Houle
Jenny Houle marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
aili
aili added it
Feb 18, 2014
Nigel Syin
Nigel Syin marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
A.H. Haar
A.H. Haar marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
Amy Parsons
Amy Parsons marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Knitting Sutra: Craft as a Spiritual Practice Take the Long Way Home: Memoirs of a Survivor