Start by marking “The Matrix: The Shooting Script ” as Want to Read:
The Matrix: The Shooting Script

The Matrix: The Shooting Script

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  202 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Includes detailed scene notes by Paul Oosterhouse, assistant to the Wachowskis throughout the making of the movie.
Published November 30th 2001 by Newmarket Press

To ask other readers questions about The Matrix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Matrix

Hudson
Apr 11, 2013 Hudson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: rwr
The Wachowski brothers are, in my opinion, brilliant. Although I have seen this film countless times, reading the screenplay opened my eyes to details that I hadn't caught while watching the movie, and gave me a wider perspective on the entire world of the Matrix. This script is entertainment, education, and one hell of a ride into a virtual reality that will keep your eyes glued to each page, or should I say pixel, as you speed through dimensions and dimensions of metaphor, and life explanation ...more
Jevron McCrory
An incredibly confident and highly intelligent screenplay for the movie that changed not only how movies are made but how we perceive them. Fucking ESSENTIAL!
Elise
Such a revolutionary and fun read. It's much less intimidating to read, and it's easier to pick up on details. Still love it and the rest of the movies even more.
Nicole Pramik
I think it might not be too far off to call The Matrix a film that defined a generation as well as proved that you can make an intelligent action movie. While some folks berate the subsequent films in the trilogy (I, personally, think they're good but not quite on the same level as the first), this first installment is a modern sci-fi classic in its own right.

As the title explains, this is the shooting script, which means it's the closest draft possible to the version utilized during actual film
Paul Darcy
I think just about anybody on earth with access to some form or media knows about this movie. In fact I would almost bet that anybody savvy enough to be on the internet has, and who else would be reading this blog anyhow.

So I’ll skip telling you what this movie is like or about and cut straight to the review of this book, which is in fact the shooting script used to make the movie.

Why review a shooting script? Well, I’ve been working on my script’s first draft now since September and reading scr
Kelli Horne
Shooting scripts are a great read for anyone interested in screenwriting. It broadens my perspective to compare the script to the movie or the movie to the script, and envision more precisely how the transformation occurred.
Sean-patrick Burke
Hello again Goodreads. Figure I'll get back into actually tracking my reading.
parvaneh haeri
ba inke chand bar didam filmasho amma hich kodoom ro kamel nadidam . yeki az pichidetarin dastanhayi hast ke ta hala didam .
Erik Graff
Oct 22, 2010 Erik Graff rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Erik by: Larry Santoro
Shelves: sf
Carissa
Carissa marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Edgar Romero
Edgar Romero marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Kendalyn Henderson
Kendalyn Henderson marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: The Shooting Script
  • Gladiator
  • Juno: The Shooting Script
  • A Beautiful Mind: The Shooting Script
  • Tangled (Disney Tangled)
  • Inter Ice Age 4
  • In Bruges: A Screenplay
Lana Wachowski (formerly Laurence "Larry" Wachowski), with her brother Andy, are American film directors, screenwriters, comic writers and producers.
More about Lana Wachowski...
The Art of the Matrix The Matrix Comics, Vol. 1 The Matrix Comics, Vol. 2 Doc Frankenstein, #1 (Comic Book) Clive Barker's Hellraiser: Spring Slaughter

“You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.” 5 likes
“The body cannot live without the mind.” 1 likes