Start by marking “The Matrix: The Shooting Script ” as Want to Read:
The Matrix: The Shooting Script

The Matrix: The Shooting Script

Includes detailed scene notes by Paul Oosterhouse, assistant to the Wachowskis throughout the making of the movie.
Published November 30th 2001 by Newmarket Press

To ask other readers questions about The Matrix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Matrix

Hudson
Apr 11, 2013 Hudson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rwr
The Wachowski brothers are, in my opinion, brilliant. Although I have seen this film countless times, reading the screenplay opened my eyes to details that I hadn't caught while watching the movie, and gave me a wider perspective on the entire world of the Matrix. This script is entertainment, education, and one hell of a ride into a virtual reality that will keep your eyes glued to each page, or should I say pixel, as you speed through dimensions and dimensions of metaphor, and life explanation ...more
Jevron McCrory
Jan 04, 2014 Jevron McCrory rated it it was amazing
An incredibly confident and highly intelligent screenplay for the movie that changed not only how movies are made but how we perceive them. Fucking ESSENTIAL!
Elise
Mar 28, 2013 Elise rated it it was amazing
Such a revolutionary and fun read. It's much less intimidating to read, and it's easier to pick up on details. Still love it and the rest of the movies even more.
Thiago Braun
Jan 31, 2017 Thiago Braun rated it it was amazing
É o script do filme que mais influencia e inflenciou a geração nascida nos anos 80 e 90. E possuí detalhes interessantes que não são óbvios no filme. Não, em vários trechos o script tem tanta narração e atenção aos detalhes que se torna quase um romance.
Paul Darcy
Jan 09, 2012 Paul Darcy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: screenplays
I think just about anybody on earth with access to some form or media knows about this movie. In fact I would almost bet that anybody savvy enough to be on the internet has, and who else would be reading this blog anyhow.

So I’ll skip telling you what this movie is like or about and cut straight to the review of this book, which is in fact the shooting script used to make the movie.

Why review a shooting script? Well, I’ve been working on my script’s first draft now since September and reading scr
Nicole Pramik
May 30, 2014 Nicole Pramik rated it it was amazing
I think it might not be too far off to call The Matrix a film that defined a generation as well as proved that you can make an intelligent action movie. While some folks berate the subsequent films in the trilogy (I, personally, think they're good but not quite on the same level as the first), this first installment is a modern sci-fi classic in its own right.

As the title explains, this is the shooting script, which means it's the closest draft possible to the version utilized during actual film
EvelioandZgroup
Jun 20, 2015 EvelioandZgroup rated it it was amazing
Though, yes, different from what you saw in the original movie (though very small things), but their script goes forth and allows the story and actual character development that flys clear and subtly. A good read for films, and great for fans of the series.
Kelli Horne
Dec 05, 2014 Kelli Horne rated it it was amazing
Shooting scripts are a great read for anyone interested in screenwriting. It broadens my perspective to compare the script to the movie or the movie to the script, and envision more precisely how the transformation occurred.
Paige
Feb 13, 2016 Paige rated it really liked it
Loved this!! The story was magnificent, such a cool concept.
Hamed
Aug 04, 2015 Hamed rated it it was amazing
اشتباه نكنيد اين يك فيلم اكشن نيست بلكه خلاصه اي از حقايق عرفاني در آن نهفته است
parvaneh haeri
ba inke chand bar didam filmasho amma hich kodoom ro kamel nadidam . yeki az pichidetarin dastanhayi hast ke ta hala didam .
Sean-patrick Burke
Nov 19, 2014 Sean-patrick Burke rated it really liked it
Hello again Goodreads. Figure I'll get back into actually tracking my reading.
Sev
Aug 19, 2015 Sev rated it it was amazing
Shelves: films
One of the best Scripts I have ever read!!
Erik Graff
Oct 22, 2010 Erik Graff rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Erik by: Larry Santoro
Shelves: sf
Tammi
Tammi rated it did not like it
Aug 18, 2016
Marienne
Marienne rated it really liked it
May 21, 2017
Rohan Brown
Rohan Brown rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2016
Mi Habilitador
Mi Habilitador rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2014
Safaa
Safaa rated it really liked it
May 17, 2012
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2017
Ishmael
Ishmael rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2011
Maraya martin
Maraya martin rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2016
Alan
Alan rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Beverly Thornton
Beverly Thornton rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Tammi M. Carter
Tammi M. Carter rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2017
José Coelho
José Coelho rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
Maritza
Maritza rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2017
Thales
Thales rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2011
Laura bradt
Laura bradt rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
  • Pulp Fiction: A Quentin Tarantino Screenplay
  • The Prestige - Screenplay
  • In Bruges
  • Prince of Underwhere
Lana Wachowski (formerly Laurence "Larry" Wachowski), with her brother Andy, are American film directors, screenwriters, comic writers and producers.
More about Lana Wachowski...

“You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.” 5 likes
“The body cannot live without the mind.” 3 likes