Start by marking “American Outrage” as Want to Read:
American Outrage

American Outrage

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  200 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Jake Carlson, a correspondent for the TV news show American Outrage, inhabits a world of sensational trials and crazed celebrities. One of the nation's top television journalists, he's used to dragging himself through the dirt to get to the truth. When his adopted son, Sam, asks him to use his muckraking talents to find his birth mother, Jake is stunned by the ugly secrets ...more
Audio CD, Abridged
Published April 25th 2007 by Hachette Audio (first published April 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about American Outrage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about American Outrage

Ellis
I guess my initial disappointment with this book came because I am a dork. I didn't know anything about this book, but got it from the library strictly based on the title. I thought the book would be a nonfiction political book. Oops.

Well, the book turned out to be story about a dad looking for the biological parents of his kid. It was okay, but it never really got me going. To be honest, even though I read 80 percent of the book, I didn't quite finish it. It's not that the book sucked that bad
Joyce
I am a Tim Green fan and this book, which in my case is a prequel to novels I've already read, fit perfectly into my preopinion. Jake, the hero, is working for 'investigative' television as an on-air reporter. His wife is dead and his adoptive son wants to look into possibly locating his birth mother. This leads to the Albanian mob, a fabulously wealthy politician and his hired henchmen, an over ambitious producer and a growing relationship between Jake and his son. The plot at times borders on ...more
Hilmi Isa
Jake Carlson merupakan seorang selebriti televisyen yang kini menerima cabaran untuk mengekalkan populariti dan kewibawaannya. Masalah peribadi juga turut menghimpit Jake. Bukan sahaja isterinya meninggal dunia akibat kanser, malahan, anak angkatnya, Sam juga mempunyai masalah disiplin di sekolah. Tambah merumitkan keadaan, Sam meminta ayahnya untuk mencari ibu-bapa kandungnya yang sebenar. Dengan perasaan yang bercampur-baur, Jake bersetuju untuk memenuhi kehendak Sam. Tetapi, misi ini bukanlah ...more
Monie
As host of the TV news show American Outrage the widowed Jake Carlson is an expert at digging up the truth behind the real story. When his teenage adopted son, Sam, asks Jake to track down his birth mother Jake grudgingly agrees. Sam has been acting up in school lately and Jake thinks finding his birth mother might bring Sam some peace.

The further Jake digs the more he reveals shocking evidence of crimes including illegal baby trafficking and a long line of cover ups in one of New York's wealth
Cheryl
American Outrage TV reporter, Jake Carlson is the best at what he does. Maybe that’s why his adopted son, Sam has asked him to locate his real mother. Jake would do anything for his son, so he agrees. Jake starts digging around to find out what he can about Sam’s biological mother. What Jake soon discovers is an illegal adoption ring that involves a dirty politician. Now everyone Jake holds near and dear to him is in danger including himself.

Jake is the type of guy you want fighting on your sid
Diane A Brown
The untold story is sometimes the most important… Working as an investigative reporter and celebrity host on American Outrage, Jake Carlson’s life is out of control. His job is uncertain, he’s recovering from the death of his wife and his adoptive son, Sam, is not adjusting well.

Jake doesn’t have enough to go around. Trying to be everything to everyone, father and son occasionally exchange harsh words. Feeling ignored, thirteen year old Sam asks dad to find his real mom. When a series of unexpe
Drick
Jack Carlson, famous TV personality, goes looking for his adopted son's mother, only to find himself in the middle of a child smuggling ring that is connected to a prominent , wealthy politician. As the story unwinds, Carlson goes from curious to suspicious. The story moves quickly and keeps you guessing. Green is a good writer who can tell a compelling tale
Deb
I listened to the audio version during a recent road trip. I enjoyed the story, but probably would have gotten more out of it by reading it. I get distracted while listening.
Martha Watkins
Good book.

If you like a good mystery you'll like this book. I couldn't put it down. Well written and fast paced.
Cindy
excellent writing - I enjoyed this book from start to finish.
Jay
It was okay, but I felt could have been a bit more.
Marca
What begins as an adopted son’s innocent query about his birth parents leads TV reporter Jake Carlson on a dangerous trail that includes corrupt politicians and Albanian mobsters. Listened on audio and tuned out at times because it did go on. American Outrage is the name of Jake's TV show.
Evelyn
Television tabloid news reporter Jake Carlson's career is in a major downslide. His wife died a year ago and now their adopted son, Sam, is in trouble at school. When Sam asks Jake's help in finding his biological mother, Jake uncovers secrets that powerful people want to keep at any cost.

Fast-paced suspense that keeps you guessing until the end. A likeable main character that could start a series for Green. Highly recommended.
Sylvia
This book was quite excellent! I tried to read it as slowly as possible so that it would not end but we know that everything must come to an end at some time. The characters were well developed. The kid actually made me angry. However his inability to follow instructions got him into a lot of trouble yet in the end he learned to enjoy the hand life had dealt him.
Kay
Tim Green [former NFL player:] has evolved. His first book was completely about football. Then he went to football and crime but this one never mentions the 'F' word [football that is:]. I've enjoyed all his books to a degree, but especially those as he got away from the game and more into murder and mayhem!
Mary Frances
Wow, what a let down. I somehow thought this book was going to be a comment on shows that exploit people in crisis. Instead it was nothing but a fairly pedestrian thriller that was a bit laughable. You can practically hear the grinding as the plot wheels turn. Not worth it. Glad it was a library book.
Vannessagrace Vannessagrace

American Outrage is about a boy who asks his adoptive father, a journalist, to find his biological mother. What the two hadn’t expected were the death traps they would have to avoid to find the answer. American Outrage could have been a great book had the editing been better.

Sara
Fairly good book about a TV interviewer helping his adopted son look for his biological mother. Best part was the juxtaposition of the brainless topics of the interviews (totally typical of current TV interviews) with the strong emotions of the son in hoping to find his mother.
Marciea
I have read a lot of books and this one had a pretty creative plot...one I have never run across before. It it well written although I was surprised by the number of swear words.
If you are offended by swear words, don't read it. They are numerous.
Cheryl
Checked out from the Gates Library. Yup! Another good one from Tim Green! He expanded a bit this time; no lawyers. This one is about adoption, Albanians and the world of TV media.
Janet
I am pretty sure not all searches for ones birth mother is as crazy as this. Other wise, I don't think to many would look. Anyway this story was not to bad. It was worth reading.
Bob Tomaszewski
Tried to listen to the audiobook, but gave up 1/2 way through disc 3. Don't know if it was the narrator or what, but it just didn't flow. Better stuff on smashwords.
Joe O'c
Very Good; tabloid reporter father tries to help son track his birth parents and end up stumbling into a conspiracy or two
Kristal Cooper
This one didn't grab me until the halfway point, then it lost me and got me and lost me again. No idea why.
Janet
We listened to this in the car while traveling. Lots of action and well written. Good choice for driving.
Stacey
Bought this at the Albuquerque airport and read it on the way home. It kept me interested.
Barbara Rosenthal
I finished it because I wanted to know what happened; I guess that's some kind of recommendation.
Tif
This was a good read except I felt it to be a little contrived. Good but not great.
Heather
strong lanuage warning!!!
a multi-mystery story that intwines for a son and his father.
Rebecca
Excellent. Page turning action. A look inside sensational "news" stories.
  • Man In The Middle (Sean Drummond, #6)
  • Surrounded (Tucker Series, Book 2)
  • The Rules of Silence
  • Children of Salem
  • Internecine
  • Darkness Falls (Mark Beamon, #5)
  • The Fourth Order
  • After The Rain (Phil Broker, #5)
  • A Knife Edge (Vin Cooper, #2)
  • Tenth Man Down (Geordie Sharp, #4)
  • The Cabal (Kirk McGarvey, #14)
  • The Secretary of Dreams, Volume One
  • Midnight Rambler (Jack Carpenter #1)
  • The Harry Bosch Novels, Volume 2: The Last Coyote / Trunk Music / Angels Flight (Harry Bosch, #4-6)
  • The Berlin Conspiracy (Jack Teller, #1)
  • The Runner
  • The Chemickal Marriage (Miss Temple, Doctor Svenson, and Cardinal Chang, #3)
Tim Green, for many years a star defensive end with the Atlanta Falcons, is a man of many talents. He's the author of such gripping books for adults as the New York Times bestselling The Dark Side of the Game and a dozen suspense novels, including Exact Revenge and Kingdom Come. Tim graduated covaledictorian from Syracuse University and was a first-round NFL draft pick. He later earned his law deg ...more
More about Tim Green...
Football Hero (Football Genius, #2) Football Genius (Football Genius, #1) Unstoppable Baseball Great Football Champ (Football Genius, #3)