Start by marking “Webster's Dictionary Of Synonyms And Antonyms” as Want to Read:
Webster's Dictionary Of Synonyms And Antonyms

Webster's Dictionary Of Synonyms And Antonyms

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A convenient guide to choosing words precisely. Clear explanations of the distinctions between synonyms. Example phrases included. Antonyms listed at most entries.
Published March 1st 1996 by Smithmark Publishers (first published 1968)

To ask other readers questions about Webster's Dictionary Of Synonyms And Antonyms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Webster's Dictionary Of Synonyms And Antonyms

Chris
Wherever a thesaurus leaves you stranded for ideas, turn to using this book. It'll give you some options for more synonyms and antonyms for words that were either not fully answered in the thesaurus or were not found at all in the thesaurus. Call this book-an extension of a thesaurus. You'll soon learn to love this book, just as much as the thesaurus you have nearby. It can be used if you are a reader or writer alike.
Maddy
Rural, rustic, pastoral or bucolic? Quality, property, character or attribute? Poverty, indigence, penury or destitution? What's the diff? Webster explains it all. My copy is especially useful to me because I have the searchable PDF. (Dear technology, I love you.) I'd be lazy to riffle through the printed version of this otherwise.
Kathee
I have the 1951 first edition and, silly as it may be to have such a thing, it is my favorite dictionary of synonyms.
william
what can anyone say without Mr. Webster-he's amazing
Maggie Connolly
A veritable page-turner.
Aklima Hoque Chowdhury
Aklima Hoque Chowdhury marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Machel
Machel marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Ajdary
Ajdary added it
Feb 04, 2015
Yulia Kopuschu
Yulia Kopuschu marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Gracee Lee
Gracee Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Hesham Harbi
Hesham Harbi marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Sunil Kumar
Sunil Kumar marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Phạm Huỳnh thái
Phạm Huỳnh thái marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Hafiz Ahmad
Hafiz Ahmad marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Jessica Koo
Jessica Koo is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Sarah added it
Nov 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary The Merriam-Webster Dictionary Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage Merriam-Webster's Encyclopedia of Literature