Start by marking “If I Were a Moose” as Want to Read:
If I Were a Moose

If I Were a Moose

Published by Discovery Toys

To ask other readers questions about If I Were a Moose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Were a Moose

Victoria Leininger-halpern
Sep 05, 2014 Victoria Leininger-halpern rated it it was amazing
This book is the perfect book for a parent to share with their child. Coopie and Mama have a very positive relationship, as every time Coopie asks her what she would be if he were something other than himself, his Mama simply replies she would transform as well to be right there with him. This book has an excellent child/parent relationship, and you can tell the author put time and effort into writing the mother as a very supporting, loving character towards her son.

The illustrations and use of
Courtney
Mar 07, 2013 Courtney rated it really liked it
Shelves: ed-310
In this story, Coopie and her Momma are walking to the market, and Coopie needed to use her imagination to keep warm. She asks her Momma, "If I were a moose, do you know what you would do?" Her Momma says that she, of course, would move into the woods so she could be with her. Each page, Coopie asks what her Momma would do if she were different animals or items and her Momma always says that she would be with her no matter what.

This is a great reminder for children that their parents will always
Julia Jasztal
Feb 17, 2013 Julia Jasztal rated it it was ok
Mommy's review from 9/30/11 -

2.5 - Coopie? What kind of name is Coopie? (Anyone out there with any kids names Coopie sorry but it's just way out there.) Coopie.
The entire time we were reading this, save for the first time the name is mentioned, we called the kid Poopie. It just seemed more.... fitting.
So anyway, besides the Coopie/Poopie drama the rhymes are cute. This is along the same lines as the usual 'Mommy loves her baby so very much' books which make up some of my favorite children's boo
Madeline Voight
Feb 13, 2012 Madeline Voight rated it it was amazing
This has been my favorite children's book for years! I love how it teaches the reader about imagination and when to use it. In the book the child and his mother keep turn a boring walking trip to the grocery store to an exciting adventure. The illustrations are majestically beautiful! The pictures are lively and colorful and can draw any reader into the fun storyline. Overall, I think that this story teaches children a valuable lesson. The lesson is that with a good imagination, anyone can have ...more
Tasha
Feb 09, 2009 Tasha rated it it was amazing
This book instantly became one of my favorites to read to my kids! In moving etc it was lost and I have searched for it. I finally found it and cant wait to read it to them again! Its similar to " Guess how much I love you" etc. If you can find it BUY IT!!!! I found it on amazon.
Melissa
This is a great book to serve as a reminder that a parents love is unconditional. No matter what animal Coopie becomes, his mother changes with him.
Taylor
Jan 04, 2015 Taylor rated it it was amazing
This is by far my all-time favorite children's book. My mom read this to me so many times when I was younger and it holds so many fond memories for me.
Cindy
Aug 20, 2008 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Love this book. There are other knock offs but this is my favorite. The pictures are beautiful and the spirit of the book is very sweet. I bought mine through "Discovery Toys."
Clarissa
Clarissa rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2013
Darby
Darby rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2010
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2010
Sarah Dinan
Sarah Dinan rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2013
Robin
Robin rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2013
Jennifer rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2016
Olivia
Olivia rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2014
Hannah Stachewicz
Apr 10, 2015 Hannah Stachewicz rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A loving story about an imaginative child and his loving mother.
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
May 16, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Valerie Holman
Valerie Holman rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2015
Morgan Griffith
Morgan Griffith rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Crysta
Crysta rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Aimee Quinn
Aimee Quinn rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
Wilma Yannerella
Wilma Yannerella marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Harsha Puttagunta
Harsha Puttagunta marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Shelby Griswold
Shelby Griswold marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015