Start by marking “I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls, #2)” as Want to Read:
I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls, #2)

I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls #2)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  17 reviews
It is crazy that Dean and I broke up. Things were going great between us. I mean, he tells me he loves me one minute, then the next minute he breaks up with me. My mom thinks I should wallow and stuff my face with junk food, but I'm not so sure that's the answer. And let's face it, when it comes to relationships, my mom doesn't always show the best judgment, especially if ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 166 pages
Published July 1st 2002 by HarperEntertainment

To ask other readers questions about I Love You, You Idiot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You, You Idiot

Heather
Again, this book wasn't a great literary piece or anything. But, I love the Gilmore Girls and really am enjoying having a way to see it from another view. While this one follows the show closely, it is still nice to have to picture it while I am reading. On to the next!!
Sheila
Three stars for the same reason as the first title. I've decided to read the next one in the series, but not the 4th. I can't help it, I like Dean more than Jess.
Karschtl
I love the TV-show, and have seen most episodes several times. Therefore all the things in the book were very familiar. Many dialogues are exactly the same, only difference to the show is that this book is written from Rory's perspective and therefore only recounts events that she took part in.

One could argue that a book that is exactly like the show is useless. Well, it must not be. Lots of teenage girls that might wouldn't read otherwise but pick up this little short book because they like the
Anna-Kristina
Apr 28, 2008 Anna-Kristina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any Woman
Recommended to Anna-Kristina by: My Tetka Aleks
Shelves: girly-books
The Gilmore Girls books are almost the scripts to Gilmore Girls the show. The Gilmores (Rory and Loralei) have the most unorthodox mother/daughter relationship. Loralei the mother, had her daughter Rory at the age of sixteen. When her parents found out she ran away from home to go work asa maid and live in the greenhouse of a local inn, The Independence Inn. After she had the baby, Rory, Loralei worked her way up to becoming manager of the inn. Soon after she divorced her husband, Christopher, a ...more
Luke
I Love You, You Idiot is a novelization of the first season of Gilmore Girls episodes "That Damn Donna Reed," "Christopher Returns," "Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers," "The Break-Up, Part 2," and "P.S. I LO..." adapted by Cathy East Dubowski.

It was cool to relive Gilmore Girls episodes in a novel. I liked it, but the only thing that I didn't really like was that it's from the point of view of Rory only. It would've been better if it was shifting from Rory's to Lorelei's prespectives. Ove
Edina Spahic
I never liked Dean..
Annice22
Reading this was just like watching an episode of "Gilmore Girls". The author did a good job with keeping the characters in character which can sometimes be a little difficult with media tie-in books. The characters are sometimes a little off.

The story was an adaptation of several episodes but it was told in one seamless story.
Molly
I bought this for a quarter at a used bookstore because I love the T.V. show Gilmore Girls. The novel is basically the show from Rory's perspective both in storyline and line for line. I miss Lorelai's side of the story a lot.
Luisa
Ganz nett für zwischendurch aber irgendwie ist die Reihenfolge der Bücher mehr als fraglich. Der Titel sollte eher Gilmore Girls 2 lauten aber Kenner der Serie wissen dennoch, wo es lang geht ;)
Marina
I love the Telivison show so i was dissapointed to read the books, which are only from Rori's point of view. Her moms the funny one that makes the show asome. :(
Abbey
Cute, but watch the show if you're interested. The book is very abridged and only gives Rory's side, so you miss half the story!
Kelsey
Exactly like the episode but you get to see how Rory is feeling and what happens in missing parts of the episode.
Michelle Miller
It was what I expected... a compilation of several episodes of Gilmore Girls, in book form.
Kathy
Usually I don't like books based on tv or movies but this screenwriter is HILARIOUS!!!
Marianne
what can i say.
I'm a gilmore girls fan to the fullest! Fun read
Megan
More Gilmore Girls from Rory's point of view.
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Lia
Lia marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
June Gemmer
June Gemmer marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Jordan Matz
Jordan Matz marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Ygritte
Ygritte marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Autumn
Autumn marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Isabella
Isabella marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Ebb390
Ebb390 marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Series Issue 3 33 Sep 16, 2013 06:10AM
  • The Other Side of Summer (Gilmore Girls, #4)
  • I Do, Don't I? (Gilmore Girls, #3)
  • Coffee at Luke's: An Unauthorized Gilmore Girls Gabfest
  • The Gilmore Girls Companion
  • Everything Changes
  • Art Criticism
  • Letter from Paris
  • 84 Ribbons
  • Oh Yeah, Audrey!
  • So Into You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #2)
  • This Side of Home
  • Sins of the Father (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #1)
  • Bad Houses
  • Unnatural Selection (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #19)
  • Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1
  • Doomsday Deck (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #8)
  • The Evil That Men Do (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #6)
  • The Harvest (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #2)

Gilmore Girls (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Like Mother, Like Daughter (Gilmore Girls, #1)
  • I Do, Don't I? (Gilmore Girls, #3)
  • The Other Side of Summer (Gilmore Girls, #4)
  • Gilmore Girls, Bd. 5: Lorelai In Liebesnöten
  • Gilmore Girls 06. Kleine Und Große Geheimnisse
  • Gilmore Girls 07. Heimliche Liebschaften
  • Gilmore Girls 8. Weil Ich Dich Liebe ..
  • Gilmore Girls 10. Süße Sorgen
  • Gilmore Girls 12. Schmetterlinge Im Bauch
  • Gilmore Girls 16. Ein perfektes Paar
Mr. and Mrs. Smith A Dog's Life (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #9) Santa's Little Helper (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #5) Love-Set-Match (Two of a Kind Diaries, #29) The Case Of The Surfing Secret (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley, #12)