I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls, #2)

I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls #2)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  15 reviews
It is crazy that Dean and I broke up. Things were going great between us. I mean, he tells me he loves me one minute, then the next minute he breaks up with me. My mom thinks I should wallow and stuff my face with junk food, but I'm not so sure that's the answer. And let's face it, when it comes to relationships, my mom doesn't always show the best judgment, especially if...more
Mass Market Paperback, 166 pages
Published July 1st 2002 by HarperEntertainment

Heather
Again, this book wasn't a great literary piece or anything. But, I love the Gilmore Girls and really am enjoying having a way to see it from another view. While this one follows the show closely, it is still nice to have to picture it while I am reading. On to the next!!
Sheila
Three stars for the same reason as the first title. I've decided to read the next one in the series, but not the 4th. I can't help it, I like Dean more than Jess.
Karschtl
I love the TV-show, and have seen most episodes several times. Therefore all the things in the book were very familiar. Many dialogues are exactly the same, only difference to the show is that this book is written from Rory's perspective and therefore only recounts events that she took part in.

One could argue that a book that is exactly like the show is useless. Well, it must not be. Lots of teenage girls that might wouldn't read otherwise but pick up this little short book because they like the...more
Anna-Kristina
Apr 28, 2008 Anna-Kristina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any Woman
Recommended to Anna-Kristina by: My Tetka Aleks
Shelves: girly-books
The Gilmore Girls books are almost the scripts to Gilmore Girls the show. The Gilmores (Rory and Loralei) have the most unorthodox mother/daughter relationship. Loralei the mother, had her daughter Rory at the age of sixteen. When her parents found out she ran away from home to go work asa maid and live in the greenhouse of a local inn, The Independence Inn. After she had the baby, Rory, Loralei worked her way up to becoming manager of the inn. Soon after she divorced her husband, Christopher, a...more
Luke
I Love You, You Idiot is a novelization of the first season of Gilmore Girls episodes "That Damn Donna Reed," "Christopher Returns," "Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers," "The Break-Up, Part 2," and "P.S. I LO..." adapted by Cathy East Dubowski.

It was cool to relive Gilmore Girls episodes in a novel. I liked it, but the only thing that I didn't really like was that it's from the point of view of Rory only. It would've been better if it was shifting from Rory's to Lorelei's prespectives. Ove...more
Molly
I bought this for a quarter at a used bookstore because I love the T.V. show Gilmore Girls. The novel is basically the show from Rory's perspective both in storyline and line for line. I miss Lorelai's side of the story a lot.
Luisa
Ganz nett für zwischendurch aber irgendwie ist die Reihenfolge der Bücher mehr als fraglich. Der Titel sollte eher Gilmore Girls 2 lauten aber Kenner der Serie wissen dennoch, wo es lang geht ;)
Marina
I love the Telivison show so i was dissapointed to read the books, which are only from Rori's point of view. Her moms the funny one that makes the show asome. :(
Abbey
Cute, but watch the show if you're interested. The book is very abridged and only gives Rory's side, so you miss half the story!
Kelsey
Exactly like the episode but you get to see how Rory is feeling and what happens in missing parts of the episode.
Michelle Miller
It was what I expected... a compilation of several episodes of Gilmore Girls, in book form.
Kathy
Usually I don't like books based on tv or movies but this screenwriter is HILARIOUS!!!
Marianne
what can i say.
I'm a gilmore girls fan to the fullest! Fun read
Megan
More Gilmore Girls from Rory's point of view.
Ana Lovett.
Ana Lovett. marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Beatrice Jansson
Beatrice Jansson marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Mandi
Mandi added it
Jul 22, 2014
Kristen Velasco
Kristen Velasco marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Christie Cote
Christie Cote marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Oda
Oda marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Ariane
Ariane marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Series Issue 3 32 Sep 16, 2013 06:10AM
  • I Do, Don't I? (Gilmore Girls, #3)
  • The Other Side of Summer (Gilmore Girls, #4)
  • Coffee at Luke's: An Unauthorized Gilmore Girls Gabfest
  • All You Need Is a Love Spell (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #7)
  • One Tree Hill: #1 The Beginning
  • Voodoo Moon (Charmed, #5)
  • Soul of the Bride (Charmed, #9)
  • Garden of Evil (Charmed, #13)
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch: A Novelization (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #1)
  • Dark Vengeance (Charmed, #15)
  • The Gypsy Enchantment (Charmed, #7)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Charmed, #2)
  • Murdered, My Sweet
  • Keep in Touch: Letters, Notes, and More from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
  • The Power of Three (Charmed, #1)
  • Neptune Noir: Unauthorized Investigations into Veronica Mars
  • Whispers from the Past (Charmed, #4)
  • Beware What You Wish (Charmed, #10)
Mr. and Mrs. Smith A Dog's Life (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #9) Santa's Little Helper (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #5) Love-Set-Match (Two of a Kind Diaries, #29) The Case Of The Surfing Secret (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley, #12)