Start by marking “I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls, #2)” as Want to Read:
I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls, #2)

I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls #2)

It is crazy that Dean and I broke up. Things were going great between us. I mean, he tells me he loves me one minute, then the next minute he breaks up with me. My mom thinks I should wallow and stuff my face with junk food, but I'm not so sure that's the answer. And let's face it, when it comes to relationships, my mom doesn't always show the best judgment, especially if ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 166 pages
Published July 1st 2002 by HarperEntertainment

To ask other readers questions about I Love You, You Idiot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You, You Idiot

Heather
May 12, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it
Again, this book wasn't a great literary piece or anything. But, I love the Gilmore Girls and really am enjoying having a way to see it from another view. While this one follows the show closely, it is still nice to have to picture it while I am reading. On to the next!!
Sheila
Aug 20, 2008 Sheila rated it liked it
Three stars for the same reason as the first title. I've decided to read the next one in the series, but not the 4th. I can't help it, I like Dean more than Jess.
Felicia Moore
Jun 20, 2016 Felicia Moore rated it really liked it
always love the show!!
Anna-Kristina
Apr 28, 2008 Anna-Kristina rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any Woman
Recommended to Anna-Kristina by: My Tetka Aleks
Shelves: girly-books
The Gilmore Girls books are almost the scripts to Gilmore Girls the show. The Gilmores (Rory and Loralei) have the most unorthodox mother/daughter relationship. Loralei the mother, had her daughter Rory at the age of sixteen. When her parents found out she ran away from home to go work asa maid and live in the greenhouse of a local inn, The Independence Inn. After she had the baby, Rory, Loralei worked her way up to becoming manager of the inn. Soon after she divorced her husband, Christopher, a ...more
Karschtl
Jun 02, 2012 Karschtl rated it liked it
I love the TV-show, and have seen most episodes several times. Therefore all the things in the book were very familiar. Many dialogues are exactly the same, only difference to the show is that this book is written from Rory's perspective and therefore only recounts events that she took part in.

One could argue that a book that is exactly like the show is useless. Well, it must not be. Lots of teenage girls that might wouldn't read otherwise but pick up this little short book because they like the
Luke
Mar 29, 2013 Luke rated it really liked it
I Love You, You Idiot is a novelization of the first season of Gilmore Girls episodes "That Damn Donna Reed," "Christopher Returns," "Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers," "The Break-Up, Part 2," and "P.S. I LO..." adapted by Cathy East Dubowski.

It was cool to relive Gilmore Girls episodes in a novel. I liked it, but the only thing that I didn't really like was that it's from the point of view of Rory only. It would've been better if it was shifting from Rory's to Lorelei's prespectives. Ove
Annice22
Reading this was just like watching an episode of "Gilmore Girls". The author did a good job with keeping the characters in character which can sometimes be a little difficult with media tie-in books. The characters are sometimes a little off.

The story was an adaptation of several episodes but it was told in one seamless story.
Brett
Aug 04, 2016 Brett rated it it was ok
Skip the books and just watch the show. The dialogue does not work in print, it's meant to be spoken given the speed and banter of it. The book also doesn't add anything more to the episodes it covers. I'm glad I only read this because my husband bought it for me as a joke... hopefully for no more than $1!
Molly
Mar 11, 2011 Molly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
I bought this for a quarter at a used bookstore because I love the T.V. show Gilmore Girls. The novel is basically the show from Rory's perspective both in storyline and line for line. I miss Lorelai's side of the story a lot.
Kathy
Jun 26, 2008 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Usually I don't like books based on tv or movies but this screenwriter is HILARIOUS!!!
Megan
More Gilmore Girls from Rory's point of view.
Misha Mayhem
Feb 16, 2009 Misha Mayhem rated it liked it
It was what I expected... a compilation of several episodes of Gilmore Girls, in book form.
Edina Spahic
Aug 21, 2014 Edina Spahic rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I never liked Dean..
Abbey
Aug 08, 2011 Abbey rated it liked it
Cute, but watch the show if you're interested. The book is very abridged and only gives Rory's side, so you miss half the story!
Luisa
Aug 18, 2012 Luisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ganz nett für zwischendurch aber irgendwie ist die Reihenfolge der Bücher mehr als fraglich. Der Titel sollte eher Gilmore Girls 2 lauten aber Kenner der Serie wissen dennoch, wo es lang geht ;)
Marina
Aug 12, 2008 Marina rated it liked it
I love the Telivison show so i was dissapointed to read the books, which are only from Rori's point of view. Her moms the funny one that makes the show asome. :(
Marianne
Apr 22, 2011 Marianne rated it really liked it
what can i say.
I'm a gilmore girls fan to the fullest! Fun read
Kelsey
Jan 22, 2009 Kelsey rated it liked it
Exactly like the episode but you get to see how Rory is feeling and what happens in missing parts of the episode.
Jantina
Jantina rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Ray
Ray rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2008
Sharon
Sharon rated it did not like it
Nov 19, 2012
Alondra
Alondra rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Kelsey Shave
Kelsey Shave rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Taylor
Taylor rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2012
Louise
Louise rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Lorna
Lorna rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Rina
Rina rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
Leah Compston
Leah Compston rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Series Issue 3 34 Sep 16, 2013 06:10AM
  • I Do, Don't I? (Gilmore Girls, #3)
  • Coffee at Luke's: An Unauthorized Gilmore Girls Gabfest
  • The Gilmore Girls Companion
  • Gilmore Girls and the Politics of Identity: Essays on Family and Feminism in the Television Series
  • Long Hot Summer (Dawson's Creek, #1)
  • One Tree Hill: Novelizations #2: A Heart So True
  • Die Mütter-Mafia und Friends
  • Unnatural Selection (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #19)
  • Der Pfau
  • Voodoo Moon (Charmed, #5)
  • All You Need Is a Love Spell (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #7)
  • Love is in the Air (So Little Time, #13)
  • Sins of the Father (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #1)
  • Tesa
  • Doomsday Deck (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #8)
  • Family Pets
  • Everything Changes
  • The Ambassador Chronicles (Warhammer)

Gilmore Girls (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Like Mother, Like Daughter (Gilmore Girls, #1)
  • I Do, Don't I? (Gilmore Girls, #3)
  • The Other Side of Summer (Gilmore Girls, #4)
  • Lorelai in Liebesnöten
  • Gilmore Girls 06. Kleine Und Große Geheimnisse
  • Gilmore Girls 07. Heimliche Liebschaften
  • Gilmore Girls 8. Weil Ich Dich Liebe ..
  • Gilmore Girls 10. Süße Sorgen