Babar's Yoga for Elephants

Babar's Yoga for Elephants (Babar)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Fans of Jean de Brunhoff's Babar the Elephant stories and yoga practitioners will find a happy confluence in Babar's Yoga for Elephants." —Publishers Weekly
"Babar makes it work. He stars in one of the nicest gift books." —The New York Times
Perfect for everyone who loves yoga or elephants - a NEW Babar book Well before yoga became fashionable via Sting and Madonna, our fri...more
Published September 3rd 2002 by Harry N. Abrams (first published 2002)

Paul
The only yoga guide I've ever seen with instructions on where to place your trunk during the asanas. Seriously, this is a good introduction to yoga.
Tanya Marie
Cute AND fun! Detailed and simple diagrams on stretching and yoga positions for young kids. My 4 1/2yr old loves to do yoga with me and this is another wonderful book at his level for diagram illustration. And of course, Babar makes you smile while you do it.
Theresa
Small yogis who've already got the hang of basic pose can challenge themselves by following along (with the help of caregivers) as Babar demonstrates and gives detailed instructions on more advanced poses and sequences. Recommended for ages 5+.
Mary
This is an instructional book for basic yoga. Whether you are a child or an adult, you need someone to read you the instructions step-by-step as you go through them. Even though the illustrations are Babar, this did not strike me as a topic in which children would be interested. And if they are, chances are they are enrolled in a class or have an easier-to-follow video.
Leslie
I received this book as a gift from my boyfriend when I graduated from college. So cute I squealed like an idiot every time I turned a page. For the yoga (or Babar) lover in your life.
Kim
How could I not love this after reading all the Babar's when I was little? It was like visiting an old friend. One of the best Christmas gifts I ever received.
Mathew
I was unaware of the elephant yoga trend sweeping the nation. Thank you, Babar, for being brave and talking about this important issue.
Connie
Really cute - bought this for my niece and read it before mailing it to her. Cute yoga book for kids. :)
Jailynn
What could be better for learning yoga than an elephant at half dome or by the Golden gate bridge.
Tamara
Fun way to look at Yoga! Even if you don't feel like you're an elephant.
Anna A
Adorable, fun, well illustrated, as always, and has me eager to do more yoga!
Sandy
I am always currently reading this book and attempting the yoga.
Triss
Sep 20, 2007 Triss rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who loves Babar
I love this book. The illustrations are so funny and also sweet.
Jo
C'mon - it's Barbar, and yoga. 'nough said
Anna Rae
Feb 18, 2008 Anna Rae marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
for the montessori summer camp, yo
Shelli
Wonderful intro. into yoga.
jen
:) i love yoga and babar
Deb Merskin
A delightful book!
Sandra Fraser
Sandra Fraser marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
J.
J. is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2014
Md Arif Ali
Md Arif Ali marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Laura Lubak
Laura Lubak marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Laurent De Brunhoff has kept the spirit of Babar and his family alive for over 50 years. Babar was created by Laurent's mother as a bedtime story, and was first illustrated by Laurent's father, Jean de Brunhoff.

After his father's death, Laurent continued to created over 30 Babar stories.

Laurent de Brunhoff lives in Connecticut with his wife, writer Phyllis Rose.
More about Laurent de Brunhoff...
Meet Babar and His Family Babar's Museum of Art Babar's Little Girl Babar and the Ghost Babar Visits Another Planet