Start by marking “Bonjour, Babar!: The Six Unabridged Classics by the Creator of Babar” as Want to Read:
Bonjour, Babar!: The Six Unabridged Classics by the Creator of Babar

Bonjour, Babar!: The Six Unabridged Classics by the Creator of Babar (Babar)

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  670 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Widely recognized as the father of the picture book, Brunhoff wrote and illustrated six Babar stories before his early death in 1937. Every word and picture of these classics are included in this unabridged gift collection. 200 color illustrations.
Published September 26th 2000 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Bonjour, Babar!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bonjour, Babar!

Lord of the Flies by William GoldingOf Mice and Men by John SteinbeckA Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'EngleHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingWatership Down by Richard Adams
LOST Book Club
55th out of 88 books — 117 voters
Oh, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. SeussHow the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. SeussMoo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra BoyntonThe Amazing Super Great Awesome Incredible Fantastic Space Race! by Othen Donald Dale CummingsGo, Dog. Go! by P.D. Eastman
Titles with an Exclamation Point!
390th out of 598 books — 43 voters

More lists with this book...

John Yelverton
Oct 21, 2011 John Yelverton rated it it was amazing
Without a doubt, one of my favorite children's books. I can't wait to read this to my son.
Katherine
Babar books weren't easy to find when I wanted them for my small son so I ordered this compendium online and was delighted to revisit these stories (and there were a couple that were new to me). This collection includes:

"The Story of Babar"; "The Travels of Babar"; "Babar the King"; "Babar and Zephir"; "Babar and His Children"; and "Babar and Father Christmas".

My son loved these stories and didn't bat an eyelid when one character dies from eating a poisonous mushroom or when the baby's pram care
Rachel
Feb 28, 2010 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I had only watched the TV cartoon show before, but never read the books, so I decided it was about time for me to do so. Considering Jean de Brunhoff was writing these in the 1930s, the stuff in here is very imaginative. These 6 original stories are considered the first modern picture books and are so fun to read, as well as the illustrations are funny too, esp those of "Babar and Zephir" when the monkey is fishing and accidently catches a mermaid who ends up helping him in the story. My favorit ...more
Maddalena
Uhm. Quando ero piccola le storie di Babar mi piacevano molto, ma guardandole con un occhio diverso non sono sicura di apprezzare il sottotono di civilizzazione del selvaggio che percorre le avventure di Babar.
JanBreesmom
Dec 15, 2011 JanBreesmom rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, fiction
Bonjour, Babar!:The Six Unabridged Classics by the creator of Babar, Jean DeBrunhoff is a great compilation of her books about the big gray elephant who walks upright, talks, and interacts much like a human with his animal friends.

I loved reading about Babar it as a child. I checked these books out over and over again. i read them to my children and they loved them as well. I cannot wait to read them to my grandchildren!

I recommend this book for small children everywhere. These are very imaginat
Summer
Jan 15, 2012 Summer rated it it was amazing
This was my 1st introduction to Babar and I thoroughly enjoyed it. All 6 are great books for children. I enjoyed finding the little nuances that made this story evident it was French in origin. The illustrations were fun too. I would be really interested in getting an original French version of the collection.
Christina
My son and I read Travels of Babar, Babar and Father Christmas, and Babar and His Children, which are included here along with three others we have not yet read. The stories move from adventure to adventure (like the original Curious George stories), and we look forward to reading the remaining original stories.
Natalie
Mar 21, 2011 Natalie rated it it was amazing
The best children's book I ever had!
Laurel
Nov 23, 2012 Laurel added it
loved it
Jess
Jess added it
Jun 26, 2016
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Drorah
Drorah rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
May Myo
May Myo rated it did not like it
Jun 02, 2016
Rmas
Rmas rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
Sarah Giampapa
Sarah Giampapa rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Susan Fuller
Susan Fuller rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Bob Wu
Bob Wu marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
May 08, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Koren Trew
Koren Trew rated it it was amazing
Ben Cole
Ben Cole marked it as to-read
Z
Z rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Don
Don rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2016
  • Mad About Madeline: The Complete Tales
  • Eloise: The Ultimate Edition
  • Meet Babar and His Family
  • The Stone Leopard
  • The Survivors of the Chancellor (Extraordinary Voyages, #13)
  • Madeline and the Cats of Rome
  • B Is for Bulldozer: A Construction ABC
  • Busy, Busy Town
  • Bad Twin
  • Tell Me the Secrets: Treasures for Eternity
  • The Coalwood Way: A Memoir  (Coalwood, #2)
  • The Baker's Dozen: A Saint Nicholas Tale
  • Wrinkles in Time
  • The Sailor Dog
  • The Oath (Dismas Hardy, #8)
  • Dog Food
  • A Beatrix Potter Treasury
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium
Jean de Brunhoff was a French writer and illustrator known for co-creating Babar, which first appeared in 1931. The stories were originally told to their second son, Mathieu, when he was sick, by his wife Cecile de Brunhoff. After its first appearance, six more titles followed. He was the fourth and last child of Maurice de Brunhoff, a successful publisher, and his wife Marguerite. He attended Pro ...more
More about Jean de Brunhoff...

Babar (1 - 10 of 169 books)
  • The Story of Babar
  • The Travels of Babar
  • Babar the King
  • ABC De Babar
  • Babar and Zephir
  • Babar and His Children
  • Babar and Father Christmas
  • Babar: The Race to the Moon (Babar Series)
  • Babar's Birthday Surprise