Bear Attacks of the Century: True Stories of Courage and Survival

Bear Attacks of the Century: True Stories of Courage and Survival

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Unflinching accounts of human and ursine encounters.
Published April 1st 2005 by Lyons Press

Coby
Mar 02, 2012 Coby added it
this book is really spooky, but its full of good storys and all sorts of things. the storys in it are really scary and bring the fear out about those little bears everybody think are cute. some bears wont stop attacking you untill your dead and then they'll eat you right then and there or theyll leave you to die slowly. and if you do maange to live the chances of survivl is very, very slim. some of the people who where lucky enouph to survive have lost limbs, sufferid from brain damage,or suffer...more
Lydia
Another quick read. I've read quite a few bear attack books but hadn't heard any of these stories (all of which take place in Alaska). One of the spookiest to me was the one in which the bear jumped through a glass window to gain access into a room 2 men were sitting in.

I'm always amazed at the strength and courage humans display in survival situation. Though, I don't think I ever want to go hunting in bear country now....at least without a good caliber gun.
Emu
Really spooky - especially when you're reading it in a tent in bear country. But it also helped prepare so I had an idea of what to do or don't do if I should encounter a bear on one of my hikes.
David Hegland
Excellent. The only safe grizzly I'd the one that's far away!
Crystal Gray
Crystal Gray marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Kap
Kap added it
Jun 11, 2013
Edward
Edward marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2013
Mandi
Mandi added it
Aug 08, 2011
Extreme Outdoor Adventures: Who Survives and Why Speed Train Your Own Retriever: The Quick, Efficient, Proven System for Training a Finished Dog Bear Attacks of the Century: True Stories of Courage and Survival Speed Train Your Own Bird Dog: Hunting Dogs expert teaches you his completely reliable program Calculating Fisherman