Start by marking “Kokology: The Game of Self Discovery (Two Volumes in One)” as Want to Read:
Kokology: The Game of Self Discovery (Two Volumes in One)

Kokology: The Game of Self Discovery (Two Volumes in One)

The Japanese bestseller comes to America Kokology is the popular Japanese psychological quiz game, based on the study of kokoro ("mind" or "spirit" in Japanese). It has now become a phenomenal success in America as well. Using sound psychological principles, Kokology asks you to answer questions about seemingly innocent topics -- such as the color of an imaginary bird that ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Fireside

To ask other readers questions about Kokology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kokology

Melissa Namba
Feb 12, 2012 Melissa Namba rated it liked it
This is a book I designate as a bathroom book. Little content, but interesting enough to reach for. I felt like the ideas behind this were a bit ambiguous, the way horoscopes are, but then again, who doesn't love to read their horoscope. I often thought that the book needed to consider Hofstede's seven dimensions because the cultural differences can make a big different on how the answers should be understood. The authors are Japanese so they come from an Eastern culture that have very different ...more
Jellie Dawn
Aug 16, 2012 Jellie Dawn rated it it was amazing
Really fun "game of self discovery." Insightful and best done in the company of friends and family. You'll be shocked about the unlikely results of every game. Recommended to everyone, especially for those events where you want to break the ice or get to know someone or some people a little bit more.
Leanza
Jul 28, 2014 Leanza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, owned
I first encountered this book years ago back when I was in high school, when one of my teachers gathered some students and asked us questions from it. Then she explained what, according to this, those answers symbolized. I found most of it to be quite true, without me realizing before that I thought of certain things that way. It was incredibly interesting and I had not known anything like it before. Years later, I found out that lots of people make similar things on the internet in the forms of ...more
Louisse S.
Nov 18, 2012 Louisse S. rated it really liked it
I really had a fun time answering this self help quiz! My friend and I read this in the bookstore one afternoon and we were laughing are asses off when few of the interpretations didn't apply to us.

Kokology does not only entertain, but it also points out some side of me that I refuse to acknowledge. It gives me something to reflect on about myself. It is true enough that it helps its readers discover more about their inner selves.
Renetta
Apr 01, 2013 Renetta rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-book
This is a fun book of personality quizzes. Most are accurate and a few aren't. It's fun to pass the time with friends and family. I've pulled it out while camping, on cold rainy days and small get togethers with friends. I've learned a few things about my family and friends. Maybe too much! Yikes! it's amazing the path a conversation can take. Add a couple cocktails and it can get really interesting!
Ryan
May 23, 2007 Ryan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: groups of friends looking for a laugh
Honestly, I think this is just something that's fun for everyone. The questions range from personal to tame to sensual, and everyone I've done this with has gotten a good laugh. You may not want to answer the questions more than once - so once you've gone through the book it may lose a little - but hearing new peoples' answers is always a hoot, and it's a good time to re-do them years later and see how (/if) you've changed. Give it a shot!
Annie
Jan 10, 2009 Annie rated it really liked it
Eric and I love taking this book to the pool when we lay out. Each section has a little situation and then a list of questions about what you would do or which one you are most like, etc. We would both answer and then we read the part that tells you what your type means or what your answer reveals about you.
Abby
Dec 13, 2013 Abby rated it really liked it
Recommended to Abby by: Given by my colleague for our exchange gift
Shelves: favourite
It's a great book to discover yourself and the people you "play" it with. Not everything is true though. Do not get angry at the book when it tells you things that are incorrect or offending. At least, although it didn't tell you what/who you are, you now know what/who you aren't.

It's a fun activity with a group of people. Ask around. :)
Carmel
May 24, 2012 Carmel rated it it was amazing
Great self-help book! You will definitely discovery yourself. Ideal when you and your friends are having a sleepover. The questions are very diverse. No two quizzes. You will discover new after each quiz. It's amazing how a single quiz can tell so much about you. Two volumes in one book! Must have!
annabelle patricio
Apr 13, 2014 annabelle patricio rated it liked it
at first, I got really into it but i continually read it, the contents and all the explanations became natural with me, like nothing special anymore. Well, i'm still thankful i've read this book, somehow it helps me and guides me to correct the not so good behavior or traits that i have.. :)
Megan
Jun 16, 2014 Megan rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this to any one who has extra time on their hands. You will find that the answers are pretty darn accurate and some may be true but you might not know it quite yet. It is a good book and I recommend it to young and old.
Lindsay
Sep 15, 2008 Lindsay rated it really liked it
Highly entertaining, yet offers some harsh criticisms - better enjoyed at parties/social gatherings.
Clint
Aug 12, 2013 Clint rated it liked it
This is a bathroom, coffee table, or doctor's office book. It's fun, but it's just a distraction -- not the self-reflective journey it boasts.
Yrish  G.
Feb 20, 2014 Yrish G. rated it it was amazing
As a Psychology graduate I highly recommend this book, err, game to be taken by everyone. Trust me, most (if not all!) explanations would make you say "True that!" :)
Naine
Jan 20, 2013 Naine rated it really liked it
Shelves: must-read
I really enjoyed reading this book. Fun way to learn things about yourself and your friends. Must have!
Nicole Leonardo
Oct 25, 2015 Nicole Leonardo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good book to further understand your own personality. I also enjoyed the opportunity to critic the accuracy of the interpretations.
Sheilalalalala
Dec 28, 2016 Sheilalalalala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reg
Nov 30, 2013 Reg rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone, everyone.
A fun book to have during get togethers and the likes. It's definitely a game of self discovery made fun by getting to know others too!
Christine
Nov 20, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it
Some revelations made me laugh, and some left my mouth gaping open out of shock. So, you get the point. :-D
Zyrah Samar
Aug 20, 2012 Zyrah Samar rated it it was amazing
A perfect book to discover one self and even the people around you. Perfect for gatherings such as sleepovers and camping. I really had fun reading the book!
Lisa
May 17, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Such a fun book. I brought this book to Hawaii with me for a visit so I could "play" it with my mom and sisters. We had a blast!
January
i brought this book out to a coffee sesh with my friends and sort of made it like a 'get to know me better game' and we all had fun. :)
Justine Villadolid
Jan 30, 2013 Justine Villadolid rated it really liked it
Read some parts. Really great book.
GeoRG!e
Apr 10, 2009 GeoRG!e rated it it was amazing
This book shows great insight. Some of the quizzes you will retake and realize your answers are different. A lot of it is based on mood.
Dwan Peterson
Dwan Peterson rated it really liked it
May 03, 2014
Mae
Mae rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Özge Özer Ülbegi
Özge Özer Ülbegi rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2013
Rai
Rai rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2009
Ruth Danielle
Ruth Danielle rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2012