Start by marking “Star Trek: New Frontier: No Limits Anthology” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: New Frontier: No Limits Anthology

Star Trek: New Frontier: No Limits Anthology (Star Trek: New Frontier #12.5)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  229 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In 1997, Star Trek: New Frontier® debuted and became an instant sensation, chronicling the exciting adventures of Captain Mackenzie Calhoun and the U.S.S. Excalibur, as told by New York Times bestselling author Peter David.
Now, over a dozen books later, Peter David has gathered some of the finest Star Trek authors to tell new tales of the Excalibur crew:

Dayton
Published October 21st 2003 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Alan
A while back I made a promise to myself that I would try to avoid certain genres, and one of those is licensed work. That might be a bit hypocritical of me considering that I enjoy comics which is corporate work for hire, but it was a decision based on the various franchises lining bookstore shelves. That doesn't mean there wouldn't be exceptions such as eventually trying Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy or Star Trek books written by established authors.

And, Peter David's ST: New Frontier books. I
Shannon Appelcline
Though some of the stories are individually good, they really don't gel, largely because they don't embody the humor of the New Frontier series. Worth reading:

Alice, On the Edge of Night. Both a nice character study of Morgan and a look at an important time in her and Robin's lives. Much better than the preceding "Lefler's Logs", which ineptly tries to cover some of the same topics. [7/10]

A Lady of Xenex. A good story that gives depth to both main characters. [7/10]

A Little Getaway. You have to
***Dave Hill
May 03, 2011 ***Dave Hill rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Star Trek novel readers; Peter David readers; Star Trek New Frontiers readers; series completionists
Shelves: text
This is a decent collection of short stories in David's "Star Trek: New Frontier" setting, focusing on backstory / past episodes of many of the characters. Some are quite good, others are so-so, but the collection as a whole is decently entertaining. I'm tempted to look up some of the contributing authors (which is always one of the intents of such a volume).

The most intriguing story is one of the earliest, a very dark tale about Morgan Primus and her last days with her husband and daughter. Cre
Mark
Previously, the New Frontier saga was penned entirely by Peter David. Now, a legion of Star Trek writers can say that they’ve played in his Trek sandbox.

These tales of the U.S.S. Excalibur crew complement the novels by telling us more about their past history. All of the short stories in this collection blend well with what we already know about the New Frontier characters. I find it difficult to choose a favorite. They’re all entertaining. In addition to a story, Keith R. A. DeCandido also cont
David Palazzolo
Star Trek: New Frontier: No Limits is an anthology celebrating the longest running original Star Trek novel series--in that the series is not based on a pre-existing TV show or movie. I consider this book to be chapter 17 in the overall series because it contains the story of Captains Shelby and Calhoun's honeymoon on Xenex written by Peter David himself, which is worth the price of admission.

Will finish these stories after I finish reading the others in the series, as I am told it gets rather d
Andy Luke
Entertaining enough I suppose. There's a good half to three quarters of the book is of Peter David equivalent quality, or stronger. Some real stand-out stories with only a few dull duffers.
Benjamin Plume
Each story was fun, but none of them really did a lot for me in terms of character development. Still, it was nice to see different authors' perspectives on some of these characters.
Brent Knorr
A collection of decent stories that fill in some additional background information on many of the characters that appear in the New Frontier line of Star Trek novels.
Caprice Procarione
Caprice Procarione marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Dan Foster
Dan Foster is currently reading it
Mar 05, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Eodeon
Eodeon marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Markel
Markel added it
Feb 18, 2015
Angela Gilliland
Angela Gilliland marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
David Rhodes
David Rhodes marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
  • Rogue (Star Trek: Section 31, #2)
  • Section 31: Abyss (Star Trek: Sector 31, #3)
  • Doors Into Chaos (Star Trek: Gateways, #3)
  • Unity (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Chainmail (Star Trek: Challenger: Gateways, #2)
  • Shadow (Star Trek Voyager: Section 31, #4)
  • Q-Strike (Star Trek: The Next Generation #49; The Q Continuum, #3)
  • No Man's Land (Star Trek: Voyager: Gateways, #5)
  • Cathedral (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, #3)
  • Miracle Workers (Starfleet Corps of Engineers Omnibus, #2)
  • Shards and Shadows (Star Trek Mirror Universe)
  • Over a Torrent Sea (Star Trek: Titan, #5)
  • The Left Hand of Destiny, Book Two (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • The Dominion and Ferenginar (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #3)
  • Quarantine (Star Trek: Double Helix, #4)
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to humo
More about Peter David...

Star Trek: New Frontier (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • House of Cards (Star Trek: New Frontier, #1)
  • Into the Void (Star Trek: New Frontier, #2)
  • The Two Front War (Star Trek: New Frontier, #3)
  • End Game (Star Trek: New Frontier, #4)
  • Martyr (Star Trek: New Frontier, #5)
  • Fire on High (Star Trek: New Frontier, #6)
  • The Quiet Place (Star Trek: New Frontier, #7)
  • Dark Allies (Star Trek: New Frontier, #8)
  • Requiem (Star Trek: New Frontier, #9)
  • Renaissance (Star Trek: New Frontier, #10)
The Dark Tower, Volume 1: The Gunslinger Born Imzadi (Star Trek the Next Generation) Q-Squared X-Factor: The Longest Night Q-In-Law (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #18)