Start by marking “Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #7)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Jinxed

Carol Higgins Clark

Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mystery #6)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  1,491 ratings  ·  73 reviews
Fresh from tracking down a diamond thief in Manhattan, Regan Reilly returns to her Los Angeles office only to discover her horoscope says now is not really the best time to get started on a new case. Undaunted, she sets out to locate a missing young heiress. But Regan finds herself thwarted by a string of misadventures, inexplicably jinxed as she races up and down the Paci...more
Audio CD
Published November 1st 2002 by Sound Library (first published August 27th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Jinxed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jinxed

Carol
What a charming story with lots of quirky characters. Even the bad guys were inept, bumbling idiots so this was a mystery without a grusome mudrer to solve.
Lauren
The Regan Reilly books get a little better each time. I don't like the reviews that compare her books to her mother's work, criticizing it as not as suspenseful. Of course it's not as suspenseful! Mary writes suspense novels, Carol writes mysteries. That's like hating the movie Philadelphia because Tom Hanks wasn't as endearing in that as he was in Forrest Gump. Same general genre, different subgenre.
This definitely falls in the cozy mystery category. Great for a rainy day or an extra long bus...more
Shannon Glen
Waaaay too many characters for me! I'm not sure what is going on when you have blow by blow details about where people are walking, what they are thinking, what they are eating.... come on. Tell the story we can infer, and we are smart enough to know how some things work without being told it in such great detail!
Kristen
This is another great Regan Reilley mystery for the cozy series. Nice suspense and good mystery to solve involving superstition. Nicely written.
Billie
I adore the entire Regan Reilly series. They read so quickly. I don't think it's taken me a day to read any of them.
Jen Mays
A silent movies screen star who lost her career when the "talkies" came into existence is about to fall victim to a swindler out for her fortune. She's blind to his false charisma, though everyone around her seems to know his true colors. In an effort to reunite with long-lost family, invitations to the wedding are sent, along with a secret revealed by the star's housekeeper---if they all show, they each get a cash reward. A private investigator is brought in to help track down the family member...more
readinghearts (Lyn M)
Nov 12, 2009 readinghearts (Lyn M) rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cozy mystery lovers
Recommended to readinghearts (Lyn M) by: Mom
Shelves: books-i-own
I would definitely class this book in the cozy mystery category. It is a light and fun read. Reagan Reilly, Daughter of Nora Reagan Reilly of Mary Higgins Clark fame is a P I from Los Angeles. She and her boyfriend stop at a winery in the Santa Barbara area while on vacation, where Reagan gets hired to find a relative that has gone AWOL for the weekend. From there things go downhill for everyone involved. This book had many characters, most of which are hiding something, and of course money is a...more
Lisa
This was my first book on CD - since I now commute 30-minutes each way to work. I was getting bored with radio and wanted to give audio books a try. On purpose I chose a light 'fluffy' read. I've read some of Carol Higgins Clark's books before - and knew what to expect - 'formula' type of writing with predictable plots. The author did the reading - and I felt she tried too hard to do different voices for each character. I also wanted the reading to be a little quicker in speed. All in all, this...more
Cactuskid
Her books aren't as good as her mother's writings but this was still interesting to see how it would all end. Very predictable but flowed well even with a lot of different characters. A 93 year old very wealthy ex-silent film actress was going to marry someone 47 years younger. She wanted to meet her last husband's family and have them come to the wedding (and give them money) but they couldn't find one granddaughter, also an actress, so they called in P.I. Regan Reilly to find her. They all end...more
Pria Alston
Too many characters, too many points of views, too many "hints," too many red herrings
Jen
This was a good listen while on a road trip. I was a little confused because there really didn't seem to be much of a mystery involved since the reader always knew what was happening. However this was my first book by this author so maybe they're all that way, and it's about the characters putting it together and not the reader.

I liked the madcap feel to this, including the ridiculous conclusion with everyone ending up at the winery. It was silly, but for a lighthearted listen to pass the time,...more
Kate
To predictable, to happy ending for my taste.
Anna
A fun, easy read chick-lit. Regan Reilly is a private eye with a novelist for a mom and a NYC cop for a boyfriend. I've read Regan's capers before. They're funny, fairly predictable, but have great characters and she goes to fun places. I recommend it. Carol Higgins Clark, like her mother, knows what people like and gives it to them.
Becky
Aug 15, 2012 Becky rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kim Bourner
A laugh-out-loud, make people think "what the heck is she on?" book.

There are many characters involved, most of them are all money-hungry or greedy. The story(ies) are a snowball effect. There are no 'quiet' moments in this book. I had to curse myself several times for getting sleepy when I wanted to keep reading!

I'm envious of those of you who will be reading this for the first time, you're in for a treat!
Deborah Darsie
Oct 25, 2012 Deborah Darsie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kinda Cozy mystery readers
Nothing special mystery-wise, but some fun characters who seemed more giddily self obsessed than I have read in a while.

The first 1/3 of the story was a bit of a mire...I was struggling with being motivated to complete this puppy. But I am glad I got to see how the baddies got caught, the target(s) survive and triumph and Lucretia endears herself to darn near everyone around her...no matter how unusual.
Jun 08, 2008 Laura rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Laura by: Grandma
Shelves: mystery
This was probably my least favorite of the 3 books I read by this author because they gave away the bad people and motive at the end. You just had to wait for them to get caught at the end. It did have some interesting characters and a setting I liked (most of the books did), but that was about it.
Haleigh
I listened to this book in the car and was entertained, but would never read it. It was a bit bizarre because the authur created outlandish links for all the characters to all the characters. I was semi-glad when the book was done. AND, the author did the audio and was HORRIBLE.
George
A fun Regan Reilly, private investigator, mystery read. The story has the trade mark several plots swirling around the main story line and all coming together at the end. A little more humor in this mystery regarding Regan being hired to find a missing daughter in time for a wedding.
Melissa
An easy read, but the plot was pretty predictable if you ask me. I read it in a couple of days during the summer during my bus ride to and from work. It served it's purpose- it kept me busy and kept people from striking up a conversation with me :)
Margaret
An easy, fast & fun read - not a murder mystery though. I thought the plot might have been better with a few more twists & turns. Liked it better than Twanged but not as much as Decked, the others I have read in this series.
Alice
3 and a half stars
I love how everybody's lives interconnects and all the serendipity that needs to happen for it to be a Carol Higgins Clark mystery. The lightest of light mysteries. Great for a quick escape.
Rachelle
I like this author, she combins mystery, suspense & humor. If you like the tv show Monk, you'll proabably like her books. Just purely for entertainment, not going to change your life. But sometimes I like those books!
Brittany
This book was a waste of time. I don't think that Carol Higgins Clark is a good author. I felt that everything in the book was amateur and predictable. I'm going to stick to reading her mother's novels.
Jen
This book started off great, then started dragging on and on, and the ending came in a big unbelievable rush. I was glad I finally finished it and I do not think I would read another book by this author.
Maryanne Grabo
My very favorite of them all. Not only because I love mysteries...but I also love anything to do with wine. Love this series of books. Can never go wrong with either of the Higgins Clark girls.
Jan
These are really quick easy going mysteries. Carol Higgins Clark likes complex plots ( make that so full of coincidences that they are not very believable) but everything ties up nicely in the end.
Marianne
Just didn't grab me. I only read about half of it. Seemed to be too contrived - or I was just distracted by world events. I might give it another read in a month or so,
Nancy Beard
I like intrigue and a good Mystery. Carol as well as her mother keep you on your toes trying to see what is going to happen next in their books. And they are good clean stories.
Alexa
This series is a great find! They are all quick reads and Carol keeps the reader guessing from one page to the next! I am loking forward to beginning the next in the series...
Chris
I like her books much better than her mother's. That was a bit of a surprise to me.
  • The Christmas Thief
  • Hide Yourself Away (KEY News #7)
  • Bound for Murder (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #3)
  • Assault and Pepper (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #13)
Carol Higgins Clark (1956– ) is an American mystery author. She is also the daughter of author Mary Higgins Clark , with whom she has co-authored novels, and the former sister-in-law of author Mary Jane Clark.

Born in New York City, Clark received her B.A. from Mount Holyoke College in 1978 and then studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse. She is the author of the Regan Reilly mystery series....more
More about Carol Higgins Clark...
Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1) Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9) Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2) Iced  (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3) Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10)