Start by marking “Le petit Nicolas et les copains” as Want to Read:
Le petit Nicolas et les copains

Le petit Nicolas et les copains (Le Petit Nicolas #4)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  2,271 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Les aventures pleines d'humour de la joyeuse bande du Petit Nicolas : Clotaire, Maixent, Geoffroy, Alceste et les autres.
Mass Market Paperback, 126 pages
Published 2008 by Folio (first published 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Le petit Nicolas et les copains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Le petit Nicolas et les copains

Mynameisandycostello
C'est mon premier livre en francais! Les histoires sont simples et amusantes, ce livre est une bonne introduction de la langue francaise.
Noah Kellstedt
P3 to p16. In this part of the book Nicholas and his family are visting friends in the countryside. There they have lunch and Nicholas meets a new friend named Conrad but soon he got in trouble and they had to go home.
p16 t0 p21. Nicholas and his friends were going to have there chests x-rayed and Cuthbert started having a tantrum.
P21 to p34. in this part of the book Nicholas and his friends visited the new book store and they made the owner have a bad day.
I read from p34 to p56 and in this pa
Magda
My husband & I love the series so much that we decided to name our child after the main character.

What is not to love about Nicholas. He is small, cutely naughty & believes to have the best parents in the world.

Nicholas is always up to something, mostly not good. He has group of friends alike him and they all get in trouble all the time & love playing.

Mikolay’s world is very simple, not too complicated by any kind of worries & full of childhood adventures, even though he isn’t an
Leah
J'adore ce livre! Seriously, Le Petit Nicolas Et Les Copains could not be more fun. It's sweet, silly, quirky and realistic. Nicolas and his friends are all kinds of fun, from Alceste with the constantly buttery hands to Agnan the class chouchou. Sempé captures the voice of a child so well: honest and naïve, stubborn and goofy, imaginative and unpredictable. And all the misunderstandings, games, squabbles, and adventures in the book just put a smile on the reader's face. Absolutely classic.

And
Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
Another excellent instalment in this series. I love the way Goscinny settles into a child's viewpoint, showing us both its limitations and the ways in which it shows up adult pretensions.
SsRs
One phrase is sufficient for a review: All ages from seven to seventy can enjoy Jean-Jacques Sempé's
"Petit Nicolas"
Amy Carr
This was an absolutely delightful, charming, hilarious story about a young French boy named Nicholas. The book reads as a series of short stories about Nicholas and the escapades of his gang of friends. The stories were originally written and published in France in the 1960's. I love the atmosphere, cultural background, and flavor of this book...but as much as I loved it, I don't know if I'm quite ready to read it out loud to my 2 little boys who don't need any help thinking of mischief! Serious ...more
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
This is the second Nicholas book I've read, and I liked it as much as I did the first one. I can see why these stories appeal so much to boys. Nicholas and his gang are always fighting and getting into trouble. My favorite story in this collection was the one where Alec's father tries to teach Alec and Nicholas how to play chess. However, with these boys, what starts out as a nice, quiet game ends up being anything but. Entertaining and amusing, great fun to read. I must read more of these books ...more
Thebruce1314
I always enjoy the format of these books: little individual stories that can be read in bite-sized chunks. Nicholas and his gang of friends are always getting into trouble at school and around their neighbourhood. I like that the situations they encounter are both funny and plausible, but it sort of annoys me that nearly every story ends with the boys in a brawl. Sometimes a little dated, but definitely worth a read.
Bahar
کتاب فوق العاده نیکلا کوچولو و خاطراتی که از تابستانهای داغ اهواز داشتم هیچوقت یادم نمی رود. تمام روز توی خانه می ماندیم و کارتن کتابی که پدر از کتابفروشی بین الملل برای تابستانمان خریده بود، می خوردیم مثل خوره. اما نیکلا کوچولو چیز دیگری بود. مجموعه ای از پاورقی هایی که روزگاری در یک روزنامه فرانسوی چاپ شده بود. یک بچه شیطان و دوستانش که آدم را از خنده روده بر می کنند. هنوز هر وقت می خوانمشان برایم دلچسب است.
María Ignacia Valdés
Lo disfruté igual que cuando leí "El Pequeño Nicolás" y "Las Vacaciones del Pequeño Nicolás" a los 10 años; y es que ¿cómo no reírse con las historias, impresiones y lógica de este personaje?. Como lo diría él: es estupendo este pequeño Nicolás; totalmente recomendable para grandes y chicos (ya les tengo los libros guardados para mis futuros hijos ;)
Andreína
Leí este libro cuando tenía 9 años y me gustó tanto como ahora, 10 años después. Las historias de Nicolás son tan realistas y graciosas que siento que son contadas por mis sobrinos cuando llegan del colegio. Esta serie es perfecta para cualquier edad y ahora quiero conservar muy bien la edición que tengo para enseñar a mis hijos a leer con ella.
Tatiana
When I was younger I read this book so many times. Nicolas and his friends are just hilarious. The stories are very short, but the endings are extremely funny. The stories about the glasses and the secret code were my favorites. I just didn't know Goscinny was the author of the Asterix comic books, which I love. :D
Soon-gill
I have read this book and so has my son. Actually we read the English version. Nicholas and the Gang. Anyway this about an 8 year old boy who gets in all sorts of trouble. Alex (my son) thinks this is very funny. He is currently reading NIcholas. Alex also likes all the Asterix and Obelix books by the same author
Robyn Crystal
I am brushing up on my French since I am going to a French island in the Caribbean next month (Guadeloupe...no earthquakes there so far...). These books are intended for youth in France; but great for me to refresh my grammar. I also read outloud to work on pronunciation. These books are hilarious!
Joshua
Think Calvin & Hobbes, except no Hobbes and a half a dozen Calvins. Hilarious little Thurberish episodes--totally cracked me up. And Nicholas has just a great, genuine voice; it honestly doesn't even read like a translation.

Really got me craving some pain au chocolat, though.
Suzanne
Funny, whinsome, etc, but the humor got old. I read a few chapters, then skipped to the last to see if the vignettes had changed much. They hadn't. Since this won a Batchelder Honor Award, it clearly worked for other people.

Please share if you loved it - what worked for you?
Gijs Grob
Meer belevenissen van Le Petit Nicolas. Met ondermeer twee episodes met het meisje Marie-Edwige en een geweldig schaakspel. Treffende, subtiele en erg grappige verhaaltjes.
R.2
Aug 29, 2008 R.2 rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Harchi kuchuliyeo sheitan@!!! Nostalgye dorane khosho sar mastye bachegi! Eshghe bighalo ghasho abzire kahio atish suzundanaye bidaghdaghe...:X:X... khundanesh 3no sal nadare,, harki k hanuzam ba bozorg shodane jesmesh masumi@e bachegisho dur nandakhte moshtarish mishe!
Maria del Rosario Castillo
Libro terminado, disfrutado junto con mis enanos. Realmente divertido y adorable. Genios como Sampé son los que necesitamos para reirnos como niños, junto a los niños y recordar nuestras travesuras en el colegio!
Definitely, recommended to all of you!
Sherry
When reading this book, I knew I would have loved it if I had read it as a kid. The story is whimsical, ironic, humorous, and exciting; well, it would be for a kid. For me, it's just very silly but creative. Unexpectedly creative.
Angel Serrano
Conjunto de 16 relatos en los que los principales protagonistas son Nicolás y sus amigos del cole: Alcestes el comilón, Godofredo el ricachón, Eudes el forzudo, Clotario el último de la clase y, por supuesto, su vecina María Eduvigis.
Tammy
Perfect for sharing with all levels of French classes! Great for introducing new and common vocabulary. Good practice in recognition of verb tenses. Plus enjoyable short reads for anyone familiar with the language!
Marie
Jul 30, 2008 Marie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone (esp. kids at least 12 yrs)
Recommended to Marie by: Sister
I have only read the book entitled Nicholaus, a compilation of stories about a cute boy who has a lot of characters in his life. Great for plane rides, easy reading to kids.
Carl
I began this book in August but stopped because it made my brain tired. I picked it up again last week and finished it in a flash. Progress. Too bad it's only a children's book.
César Caracuel
Gracioso libro que narra las aventuras de Nicolás y sus compañeros de clase, sus aventuras y travesuras. Pertenece a una serie de 5 libros, siendo este uno de ellos.
Caitlin
One of the better books I read for a French class in school. Loved the fact that I got to play "Rufus" the class troublemaker in our skit of the book.
Anna
I like Nicolas very much. He is great with his childish point of view and that in his eyes world of adults is really weird. It gives a smile in depression.
Michelle Marshall
Apr 18, 2008 Michelle Marshall rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people learning french or french kids
Shelves: fiction
Funny! Had to use the dictionary a lot, but got good laughs at these boys who start beating each other over every little thing! Hilarious!
Seyed Alireza
يادمه كه سال اول راهنمايي اين كتاب رو با يه عشق خاصي مي خودنيم در زنگ هاي تفريح ... اما آخرش هر شيش تاش رو نخوندم ... يادش بخير
..... 2 12 Dec 09, 2011 05:59PM
  • Les malheurs de Sophie (Trilogie de Fleurville, #1)
  • قصه‌های من و بابام / شوخی‌ها و مهربانی‌ها
  • La sorcière de la rue Mouffetard, et autres contes de la rue Broca
  • Niesamowity Dwór
  • حسنی نگو یه دسته گل
  • La Guerre des Boutons
  • The Children of Noisy Village
  • Brzechwa dzieciom
  • آقای با كلاه و آقای بی كلاه
  • Szósta klepka (Jeżycjada, #1)
  • Le Médecin malgré lui
  • تيستو سبزانگشتی
  • La Gloire de mon père
  • Karolcia
  • Le Lion
À 17 ans, Sempé roule à bicyclette pour un courtier en vins. En 1960, il démarre avec Goscinny l'aventure du petit Nicolas, dressant une inoubliable galerie de portraits d' "affreux jojos qui tapissent depuis notre imaginaire" (dixit Goscinny). Son humour fin, subtil et allusif allié à un formidable sens du dérisoire caractérisent toute son ouvre. Sa plume traduit sa vision tendrement ironique de ...more
More about Jean-Jacques Sempé...
Les Récrés du Petit Nicolas (Le petit Nicolas, #2) Le petit Nicolas (Le petit Nicolas, #1) Sempe: Nothing is Simple Sempe: Everything is Complicated Martin Pebble