Start by marking “You Are Here” as Want to Read:
You Are Here

You Are Here

2.66 of 5 stars 2.66  ·  rating details  ·  541 ratings  ·  39 reviews
At twenty-five, life's innumerable entanglements are getting to Arshi.

Her blonde American step-mom's trying too hard (she's taken to welcoming guests with a traditional aarti).The gorgeous guy who has Aarti all flushed and dreamy doesn't seem to be trying at all(he's the Ice Prince who thaws at this own convenience)...
Published September 9th 2008 by Penguin Books India (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about You Are Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are Here

Born Confused by Tanuja Desai HidierThe Contract by Zeenat MahalInterpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa LahiriDone With Men by Shuchi Singh KalraHaveli by Zeenat Mahal
Desi Chick Lit
93rd out of 224 books — 261 voters
2 States by Chetan BhagatI Too Had A Love Story.. by Ravinder SinghThe 3 Mistakes of My Life by Chetan BhagatRevolution 2020 by Chetan BhagatThe Immortals of Meluha by Amish Tripathi
Indian Books - Fiction
409th out of 694 books — 1,781 voters

More lists with this book...

Deepti
New Indian (and Indian American) female writers should get over the idea that writing about their sex lives is exciting and makes for wonderful literature. It doesn't. I would think they would do something constructive with that freedom and come up with some quality work.
Manu Prasad
I picked it up because it was written by a fellow Indian blogger. And yes, I prefer Indian fiction. But I'm guessing I am not exactly the target audience :)
Considering the author's profile, I'd say the book is at least faintly autobiographical.
Arshi, the protagonist, is a twenty something, 21st century Indian woman, who lives (or at least tries to) live life on her own terms, only she doesnt seem to be sure what they are. A potentially interesting premise of self discovery in an urban Indian mi
Gayatri
hellooo ...

hmmm... what did i learn from this book. ummm.... i would say if u smoke packs of Cigarettes en u r drinking day in day out .. u would still be hale en hearty without going insane or dying of liver damage... yeahhh hearty coz the gal keeps falling for men all the time :) ... jokes apart ... the book was ok but it could have had a better ending .. the story is about a gal whose parents are divorced. her dad married a hippy forenerrrrr en her mom preferred not to make another mistake i
Arti
You are here by Meenakshi Reddy Madhavan is about 25 going on 26 Arshi, whose parents are divorced and her father has got married to Barbara, . Her mother is a teacher.

Arshi shares a flat in Delhi with her friend Topsy and is working in a PR agency. She is currently single, after her breaking up with Cheetos, and ready to mingle. What I fail to understand about Meenakshi’s heroines is that why are they so boyfriend oriented. Arshi is confused about her job, her family, her friends, he boyfriends
Daya
Arse-y sucks! Sometime very nicely. This is a book which has it's moments but those are very few. Apart from a few nice touching description of crisis in adolescent life, nothing good in this book. Though I liked the author's blog http://thecompulsiveconfessor.blogspo... but this book is a disappointment. Read at your risk!
Henna Achhpal
For some reason her books don't live up to the charm of her blogging style.
Smitha
I struggled to read it. Just not the kind of book I would want to read.
Bhumika
not worthy of 1 star total waste of time
Shruti
One of the most ridiculous books I ever read!
Neha
I read a few lines from this book over 3 years ago while surfing in a book shop. Though I put off reading it until now but the book appealed to me then because I was a single working woman going thru love issues, career pressures and living with room mates. And that is precisely the theme of this book and to put in simple and straight words - its a CHICK BOOK.

Same old vulnerabilities, failed love affairs and more rebound failed love affairs, wrong guys and 'not right for you' guys, roomie bondi
Saritha
Anant Singh
Some time i say to myself my i read these types of fiction books , and this book just tell me dude u get fucked up again reading the book..

If the author is here reading my comment , just want to ask a simple question : what you want to achieve with this book ? I know the answer would be i am commerical writer and wants my book to sell .

She is another shobha de in making , Characters are full of sex and city watchers and they don't need to get the asnwer of some real hardship that others feel
Ratanjot Passi
At the time I read this book, it seemed to have been lifted straight off my life. I loved it & it made me search for the author's blog - which is now a compulsive daily online must read for me!
Gsnair88
Horrible book I ever read. Very attention seeking and in the end, absolutely worthless. If there was an option of 1/2 stars were available I would have rated that. Nothing revolutionary as it claims it is, waste of money and time; silly comparisons to human emotions and I am quite disgusted by the fact that her writing sometimes wanders off and get caught on by some other trash. Waste of time and Money.
Shweta
Not as good as Advaita Kala's - Almost Single, but it is on the similar lines. Much like a single woman in a metro city and life that surrounds all of us. Meenakshi sometimes goes on and on in her flow not realising that her sentences have no end and confuses the reader. Overall It will make you laugh if you have at some point in your life lived through breakups and makeups :) Its a fine 20 something read.
Sabrina
I picked this up while I was in India for a quick read. It's very teen angst-y only "Arshi" is not a teen. However, it was interesting to read about a young modern adult in India from an Indian perspective. But ultimately I wish I had picked up something else in that airport.
Rahul Nayak
You Are Here is a new age chick lit novel by an established blogger. Although I expected the novel to be brainless and boring, I found it to be surprisingly funny, insightful and generally loads of fun. A coming of age novel for the 20 something generation of today.
Vidhi bhagat
Book is very spunky and full of life. When i had read it I was younger and i felt it depicted a world that might be somewhere else, and in some extreme cases perhaps. But as I grew up and got further aquainted with the real world, i felt it was too true.
Raghu
Meenakshi has done a great job with this book. Although people call it a just another chicklit..i, as a guy found that i related to the author's views more than once. I could not stop once i started it..thats how intresting it was.
Preethi
What happens if a blogger suddenly decides to write? And lands up a book deal? Well, this book is an example.
A bad attempt at chick-lit, this book does nothing to your brain-cells except, may be, kill it a bit.
Radha Ramachandran
The tone of the book is very different from the author's blog. It brings out a bitterness about things people rarely talk about. Also liked the semi- self deprecatory stand of the narrator... very informal and new-agey.
ravi yellayi
am still clueless about the book but I will say this. this one falls into one of those compulsively watched chick flicks you had to live through just because your girl wanted you to.
Neha Majithia
The author has a really witty, funny, easy style of writing. A good light read, that someone having a quarter life crisis (like me) can relate to.
Moinak
I read this long back. on a hindsight, i feel she went nowhere except different bedrooms in this book.
Anuradha
I didn't relate to the urban middle class working woman portrayed here, at all.
Mamta Belani
the book has its bright moments but then it fizzles out somewhere...pucca chick lit !
Rahul
worst book i ever read :( except one bf to other there is nothing in this book
Archana Vanam
THE STYLE OF WRITING IS NICE. IT IS HUMOROUS BUT THERE IS NO REAL STORY.
Viku
A well written true to life book of modern Indian urban kids!!
Deepika Bhand
A light, entertaining book. Nothing out of the ordinary.
  • Almost Single
  • Invisible Lives
  • All for You
  • Mistress
  • Keep The Change
Confessions of a Listmaniac - The Life and Times of Layla the Ordinary Cold Feet Diario segreto di una ragazza indiana The Life and Times of Layla the Ordinary The Turning Point