Start by marking “Shape Your Self: My 6-Step Diet and Fitness Plan to Achieve the Best Shape of Your Life” as Want to Read:

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Fabulously fit as she nears the milestone of 50, tennis great Martina Navratilova reveals her step-by-step, age-defying formula

Known for her superb conditioning, Martina Navratilova is a marvel of fitness. She easily outruns many women who are half her age, still plays tennis competitively, and engages in all the other sports she loves: basketball, hockey, skiing, and more
Published March 21st 2006 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about Shape Your Self, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shape Your Self

Laurie
I've finished reading this and I really enjoyed it. It's down-to-earth nutrition and wellness advice from one of the fittest people around, not to mention a world-class athlete. Martina shares what works for her and what hasn't and throws in a lot of history and examples from her own life. While I've reviewed the recipes and exercises, I'm going to spend the next few weeks trying them out to see how they work for me.
What's not to love about Martina? After having read some other health/fitness-related books, "Shape Your Self" was a breath of fresh air. Lots of simple strategies and common-sense tips, made accessible for people at all different fitness levels. Meal plans look easy, and offer volume appropriate for athletes (and the smoothies sound delicious). Martina's approach to life is inspiring and her enthusiasm for fitness infectious. It's no wonder she's a world-class athlete.
Stephanie
Jun 27, 2008 Stephanie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Navratilova, people wanting to change their lives and get in shape
First off, Martina rocks. Always has, always will. I enjoyed her holistic view of health (food/exercise/stress reduction, etc.) as well as her positive outlook on life. Her advice is interspersed with entertaining real-life vingettes of healthcare wake-up moments, food enjoyed, matches played, etc. Her easy style makes me feel like I could do most of what she's talking about for myself, too.
Christina
The best fitness and nutrition book for women that focuses on organic food and covers a fitness plan you can execute in your home with ordinary exercise props. Martina is one of the greatest athletes of our time and a true inspiration to me as she wrote the book when she was heading towards 50 and I was 47 when I read it. I recommend you buy this book although I checked it out of the library. Her advice is rock-solid.
Kimberli Galvez
very encouraging to live your best and be your best, including being healthy and active.
Sarah W
Making simple lifestyle choices can greatly effect the way your body looks and feels and especially, how well it performs. Hearing it from such an accomplished athlete is inspirational and contagious.
Sam
I loved this book. If only I could be more like Martina Navratilova , she is amazing and I really like her health philosophy but it will only benefit the committed/ disciplined athlete.
chris zabel
This is really interesting especially considering I've been checking out sparkpeople.com. They both talk about the same way to take care of yourself. They've inspired me.
Hillary
Positive & inspiring information about taking care of yourself.
Pasquale Astone
Pasquale Astone marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Donna
Donna added it
Nov 28, 2014
Kumar Rajamani
Kumar Rajamani marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Chenwei
Chenwei marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Shirley Eiswerth
Shirley Eiswerth marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Sowmya
Sowmya marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Patricia A. Wetmore
Patricia A. Wetmore marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Cal
Cal marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Martina The Total Zone Being Myself Breaking Point Killer Instinct (Jordan Myles Mysteries)

“Changes made to please others are unrealistic, but more important, they're unfair to you.” 8 likes
“What planet are you living on? Who are you trying to convince - me or yourself.” 4 likes