Start by marking “The New Predator: Women Who Kill: Profiles of Female Serial Killers” as Want to Read:
The New Predator: Women Who Kill: Profiles of Female Serial Killers

The New Predator: Women Who Kill: Profiles of Female Serial Killers

Published December 20th 2000 by Algora Publishing (first published October 21st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The New Predator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Predator

Lit Bug
Sep 25, 2013 Lit Bug rated it liked it
This book is a study of seven females convicted of multiple murder in the United States and perhaps the first to be based on direct in-person interviews with the women themselves.

Prior research conducted by the F.B.I. has examined commonalities in the backgrounds of male multiple murderers through in-depth interviews with male offenders. The results of the F.B. I. study have proven useful in criminal investigations. However, until this writing, female multiple murderers had not been studied in t
Ruth Turner
Nov 20, 2014 Ruth Turner rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned

DNF

The e-book that I read was badly formatted. Paragraph breaks in the middle of sentences, chapter titles in the middle of paragraphs and many paragraphs containing a single word made it difficult to read.

The formatting was one reason I didn't finish this book, the other reason was that I found it rather dry and boring.

I expected to be taken into the interviews with the 7 female murderers, to feel as though I was sitting in the same room. Didn't happen.

Disappointing.
Raleighhunter
Oct 01, 2009 Raleighhunter rated it really liked it
This is a great book. If you marked it to read, read it. Warning, it is a research document, so if you aren't used to reading Masters or PhD thesis, it can be hard to read.

It exposes American's belief that women can't be evil. She brings to light an issue we need to be leery of women killers as well as men. This is a great book and somewhat landmark.
Liam Guilar
May 29, 2013 Liam Guilar rated it liked it
The other reviewers who comment on the style were right; this reads like a research paper done up for publication. Style is obviously not the author's strong point, but that should be beside the point. It provides a sound theoretical investigation of its topic, based on the author's experience, research and verbatim interviews conducted by the author with Female Serial killers. The statistical rarity of Female Serial Killers does provide the author with problems, as one other reviewer comments m ...more
Sue
Sep 02, 2013 Sue rated it did not like it
Shelves: crimen, aarf-yuck-ugh
I have to say I was very disappointed. She begins with a statement such as "most serial or mass murderers are men," so I guess that would explain why most of the book describes male behaviour.

I really lost interest when whole paragraphs were repeated 100% verbatim (page 9 and 20). A little editing would have gone a long way, spelling errors (page 27, Lomboros instead of Lombroso).

Maybe the author should have reduced the historical research--admittedly mostly male, and respected the subject of th
Amaya
Aug 19, 2012 Amaya rated it did not like it
Boring
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Reneemartinez
Reneemartinez rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Dani
Dani added it
Jun 03, 2016
Neta
Neta marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Shanel
Shanel marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Cathy Wood
Cathy Wood marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Ashlee Reed
Ashlee Reed rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Bonnie Diaz
Bonnie Diaz rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2015
Fatima
Fatima marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Ashley Mravlja
Ashley Mravlja rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2015
Erica Bautista
Erica Bautista marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Mab Morris
Mab Morris rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Kadale Scott
Kadale Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Jade
Jade rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Lalita Sowmya
Lalita Sowmya marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Dawn Moniz
Dawn Moniz marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
CLAUDIA
CLAUDIA marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Gargi
Gargi marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Erik Selberg
Erik Selberg rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2015