Start by marking “Falling in Love with Jesus: Abandoning Yourself to the Greatest Romance of Your Life” as Want to Read:

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  232 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Authors Dee Brestin and Kathy Troccoli introduce readers to the ultimate love relationship of all time: a relationship with Jesus Christ. Using humor, contemporary love songs, real-life stories, and solid Biblical teaching, Dee and Kathy help women discover a life-changing intimacy with Jesus. No matter your age or marital status, you are His bride, the object of His affec ...more
Published January 1st 2001 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Falling in Love with Jesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling in Love with Jesus

Jana
Amazing!!! This is a book for all women. I can't recommend it enough!
Mary
I really appreciated this book. Instead of taking a professorial role and instructing the reader from a podium of knowledge, the authors humbled themselves and even shared intimate aspects of their own personal lives and faiths; this included excerpts from Kathy's private journal, and personal stories from each of their pasts. The book was touching, and real. It was romantic, but practical.

The authors believe that a woman was made to be romantic, and rather than trying to suppress it as over-dra
Currently, on my journey, the Lord is showing me I am to love him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. IN THAT ORDER...and He is taking me back to the heart before I can jump ahead and grow in the other areas. RIght book at right time.
Groups
Per Gina Robertson:
Addresses the needs of the heart of women and allowing them to be met in Christ. Not settling for a mundane relationship with Him but a passionate, living relationship with God through Christ. Focuses a bit on single women in beginning but applies to every woman overall.

A great daily study that is manageable in time; helps women identify where they may be looking for love and their identity in life vs. finding it in Christ. A lot of emphasis on the heart and emotions which ma
Kharissa
Jun 18, 2007 Kharissa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls/Ladies/Women
I need to read this again. This book touches on the foundation of making Christ our bridegroom before even playing with the thought of finding that earthly mate we long for. It talks about making Christ your all so when the time comes, you don't expect a significant other to fill the shoes that no one on earth could dare to dream even fitting. It helps women of all ages identify with who they are in Christ and the love they can feel through a relationship with our Savior! It's amazing!
Vivian
This book changed my life. It is written with Kathy Trocolli speaking of Jesus being the love of her life as a single woman, and Dee Brestin writing it through her life as a married woman. As soon as I read this book, I knew I had to do the coordinating Bible study along with it!
Share❤
This book is all about making Jesus your Lover. Yes I said lover.
It has just enough romance for the romantic, just enough warmth for the warm-hearted and just enough truth to open any eye to Jesus. Its just fabulous!
Kimberly
This book is an amazing read! It gives you a clear biblical look at what it means to be the bride of Christ, and helps you to move into a deeper, more intimate relationship with God.
Tariâna
It is an interesting book, a little too romantic for my taste, but I like the message that it presents. I am thinking about buying some of them and giving as gift for family and friends.
April
I read this book and did a bible study on it back in college. I remember this book fondly and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.
Shana
Oct 14, 2007 Shana rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all women
An amazing book - that shows us that we are His bride :) AWESOME!!
Rese
WOnderful book filled with hope -- and some good advice
maggie
The message is excellent. Not my style of book.
Lindsay Murphy
Have only read four chapters so far...
Susan
loving leading to obeying
Elizabeth
Love this book. A must read.
TEISHA
TEISHA marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Amau
Amau marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Trudy
Trudy marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Linda Toure
Linda Toure marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Misha
Misha marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
  • Completely His: Loving Jesus without Limits
  • Going All the Way: Preparing for a Marriage That Goes the Distance
  • Spiritual Mothering
  • Let Go
  • What Happens When Women Say Yes to God: Experiencing Life in Extraordinary Ways
  • Fresh Brewed Life: A Stirring Invitation to Wake Up Your Soul
  • To Live is Christ - Member Book
  • Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God
  • Splashes Of Joy In The Cesspools Of Life
  • A Place of Quiet Rest: Finding Intimacy With God Through a Daily Devotional Life
  • Next Door Savior
The Friendships of Women Idol Lies: Facing the Truth About Our Deepest Desires The God of All Comfort: Finding Your Way Into His Arms A Woman of Moderation: Breaking the Chains of Poor Eating Habits Forever in Love with Jesus

“.... romance is so much bigger than just a love story. Romance has to do with making things lovely because of love. Romance means absorbing the beauty of life, conversation, atmosphere, places, and surroundings. It means increasing our awareness of the fragrance of pine trees, freshly ground coffee, and sheets drying on the line; hearing the music of waves, children's laughter, and he rain drumming on the roof: seeing the signature of God on His creation. It means drinking the gift of life to the dregs. All to be enjoyed, all to be taken in." p. 17” 3 likes
“The face of God shining upon you is like the warmth of the sun on a beautiful day at the beach. One accustomed to that warmth is much more careful not to let the cloud of sin block his face.” 3 likes