Start by marking “Come Lie with Me” as Want to Read:
Come Lie with Me

Come Lie with Me

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,055 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
Blake Remington lives life to the fullest. So when a terrible accident robs him of his ability to walk, it also takes away all of his desire to live.

Dione Kelly, a physical therapist, takes on his case and begins to heal this broken man and help him realize there is so much more to gain from living. While forcing Blake to face his inner demons, Dione begins to face her ow
Published November 1st 1999 by Mira Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Come Lie with Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come Lie with Me

Cruth
Author: Linda Howard
First published: 1984
Length: 3071 locations (kindle)
Setting: Contemporary, Phoenix.
Sex: Explicit. Frequent but not until the end.
Hero: Businessman who enjoys extreme sports.
Heroine: Physical Therapist.
Triggers: (view spoiler)

Written completely from the heroine’s pov, it’s pretty typical of what I’ve seen in Howard’s work. An interesting, intrigu
Jasha Gutierrez
Feb 10, 2013 Jasha Gutierrez rated it it was amazing
"Think of it as therapy," he encouraged. "A sort of repayment for your own therapeutic knowledge. You gave me a reason to live, and I'll show you how to live."

This is my 2nd Linda Howard book this day! YUP! Two books in a day and i am NOT disappointed! Linda Howard creates a plot that are straight from every woman's romantic fantasy.

You want to spend a romantic weekend alone? By all means, grab her books and enjoy yourself! Her plots are always interesting, her writing fetching, her heroines
Bridget
Nov 12, 2012 Bridget rated it it was ok
I was disappointed with this Linda Howard book. I've enjoyed most of her books so far but this one was so tepid, so bland, so average. I disliked Blake's use of the word 'Lady' when addressing Dione. It was OK before he got to know Dione, but when they've established a relationship, using the impersonal 'lady' when addressing her, was annoying.
Lesli
Jul 14, 2010 Lesli rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, 2002
Good, good, good book! This is the kind of book that makes me want to find a wounded man and make him whole. Ok, I REALLY didn't just type that did I? LOL Anyhow, this is a great read. Meet two people with emotional scars (not to mention a few physical ones, too) that heal each other and fall in love. A similar read is Adam's Fall by Sandra Brown (which I read years ago).
Anita
May 14, 2013 Anita rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, kindle
Bad, just really bad. I love Linda Howard, but this book is just plain bad. Dione is a private duty physical therapist who has taken on the case of Blake, a sports enthusiast, test pilot, engineer, who has suffered a devastating accident and can't walk. The doctors have repaired him, but he refuses to rehabilitate or cooperate. Dione brings him back to life and falls in love with him. The last 10% of the book was pretty good.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jan 21, 2012 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it liked it
I can sum this book up in one line: "An engagement heart." OMG It was funny, sexy, and heartbreakingly tender. Ok. It was a tad cliche at times, but, hey, if I want to read something deep, I wouldn't be reading books like these. I want sexy fun without having too use too many brain cells to get through intricate plots and stuff.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Don't know if I just wasn't in the mood to read this or what but I struggled getting through. I wasn't in love with any of the characters. It had a bit of the love-hate thing going. But I could understand where Blake was coming from. I can't imagine how I'd feel in his situation. I'm sure I wouldn't be Sally Sunshine that is for sure.
Lyndi
Feb 10, 2015 Lyndi rated it liked it
2.5 stars Dione really bothered me. Her behavior was kinda ridiculous. I was enjoying the book quite a bit until about half way through when she decided to seduce her patient. Also, I absolutely hate it when a woman tells a man that he can't possibly love her. It is rude, unfair, and I've never read a story where it was actually true. The guy has never said "You're so right, thank you for saving me from wasting my life by your side!"

So yeah, about halfway through I started to hate Dione. Would
Amanda Sheila
I really enjoyed reading this book.

It's obvious; mean and stubborn Hero and heroine with actual backbone who dare to defy him? The best. I laughed a lot and I truly enjoyed the minor drama even though it's minor, it's deep I felt it straight to my core. Blake is an a$$hole, but I perfectly understand why he become one. I'm so proud at Dione for not cowering in fear when he starts yelling and throwing things. She's the best.

It's been a while since I read Linda Howard's book and somehow this boo
Kristin
While this book started off really good and promising, surprisingly once the love story of this book began it all went downhill. Dione is a physical therapist who works very closely with one client at a time; living in their homes and putting their life on a strict routine while helping them learn to walk again. Her most recent case is Blake, a young and vibrant man who always lived life to the fullest and got injured while mountain climbing. He has been wheelchair bound for 2 years and is quick ...more
Kathryn Reeder
Feb 24, 2012 Kathryn Reeder rated it it was amazing
I really love Linda Howard's books. She is a great author. This book is a romance about a physical therapist who help her patient walk again. I think it's an entertaining book and I like it.
Dee
Jun 08, 2014 Dee rated it liked it
Well, I rounded this one up to 3 from 2.5 stars.
Compared to other early Linda Howard books this comes across as a bit tepid. Sure, sometimes the man are borderline abusive in her other works, but you can certainly see the sparks fly - this one just sort of sizzles then damp squibs it. It'a a book about a therapist and like therapy this book is slow going. I think I might be over my Linda Howard retrospective now....well, maybe just my teenaged favourite, Shades Of Twilight for old times sake.
Amanda Grooms
Feb 07, 2013 Amanda Grooms rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of my favorite re-reads.... I love this story of rehabilitation and a couple growing toward a true love. Great story!
Sep 25, 2009 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, romance
Verrrry 80s.
Jane Stewart
3 stars. I liked it. It was enjoyable. Therapist helps an injured man build muscles and walk again.

STORY BRIEF:
Dione was raped at 18 and fears intimacy and love. She hasn’t been with a man since (12 years). She works as a physical therapist with one patient at a time, living with them for months, helping them build and regain the use of their bodies. Blake was a successful engineer who was injured in a mountain climbing accident. He has been in a wheelchair for two years. He has no will to live
Ed
Jun 26, 2015 Ed rated it it was amazing
Me encantó. Es increíble lo mucho que una persona de apariencia fuerte puede ocultar y lo fácil que una persona o mejor dicho lo facíl que es para la persona indicada derrumbar todas esas barreras. Me fascinaron Dione y Blake. La historia es muy interesante, la confianza y fuerza de ella al hacer su trabajo pero sus inseguridades en lo personal, lo triste de su vida, la determinación de él para volver a caminar y atraerla a su lado. Primer libro de Linda Howard que agrego a mi colección y no est ...more
Bookabulary
Oct 31, 2015 Bookabulary rated it liked it
Ahhh, as much as I love LH, there are really just very few of her Mira books that I truly enjoyed. This was one of those books. There are also very few books that can be enjoyable without all the hyperbole and extreme storylines. Suffice it to say that I did enjoy re-reading this book over the years. I really like the ending--yes, make a man grovel once he has come to his senses!
Peggy Parsons
Aug 01, 2015 Peggy Parsons rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Strong story with Dione, the heroine, having to overcome ill treatment of her mother and ex-husband in order to believe she could be loved and accept that love. And Blake, who had to overcome depression to regain physical mobility after an accident, waited patiently for Dione to accept his love.
Written in 1984 and still worth reading. A romance with some weight.
Pangastuti
Aug 20, 2014 Pangastuti rated it really liked it
At first i have these feeling that i've read it before and it turn out the story is somehow similar to Adam Falls by Sandra Brown and Blind Promises by Diana Palmer. it's about a therapist that had to handle a difficult patient, there's a difference of course in the story about the therapist's past
RNDK
Jul 07, 2015 RNDK rated it really liked it
It's very hard to go wrong with classic Linda Howard.
While published in the 1980's, her stories have withstood the test of time.

Her characters are always likeable and I have yet to come across a book I didn't enjoy.

'Now You See Her' has got to be one of my all time favourites.
Tania Martins
Giro dentro do estilo da autora, gostei do romance mas a protagonista apesar do passado difícil foi um bocado parvinha mais para o final, Blake foi mais insistente e consistente como protagonista e apaixonado apesar da dificuldade do acidente que o atirou para uma cadeira de rodas!
Kristiana S
Dec 31, 2015 Kristiana S rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Buku terakhir yang selesai kubaca di akhir tahun 2015.

Dari segi cerita, bagi mereka yang sudah baca Adam's Fall - Sandra Brown dan After The Music (kalo ga salah judul) - Diana Palmer, pasti merasa familiar sama ceritanya. Terutama Adam's Fall
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 10, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing
Desperte Comigo.
Linda Howard.
H.R. Romance 67.
2012.

A Linda Howard nunca me decepcionou, os textos dela são sempre elaborados e coerentes, não há do que reclamar. É uma garantia de uma ótima leitura e entretenimento.

Amei cada linha de Desperte Comigo, emocionante, revelador e principalmente romântico. Mocinho perdido em resentimentos e dor, não quer fazer fisioterapia para voltar a andar. Mocinha linda, sensual e fisioterapeuta. Perdida em falsas ideias e traumas do passado.

A irmã e o cunhado jun
Judy Goodnight
Dec 19, 2013 Judy Goodnight rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Obviously an early book in the author's body of work.

I liked the early part of the book where the heroine, a private physical therapist, takes the case and comes to get the hero out of his depressive funk & works to get him up and walking again. And I liked the happy ending.

What I didn't like - the over-the-top abusive background for the heroine. Her mother never loved her, abandoned her as a child, never adopted, never fostered, AND she gets married at 18 to a man who rapes & abuses her
Shelly
Aug 14, 2015 Shelly rated it did not like it
This is one of those books that you know was written in the 80's without even looking at the publication date. Not one of Linda Howard's better books. Just a lot of cliches and annoying characters.
Destiny
Jan 22, 2015 Destiny rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised with this book it is very real and it's a sweet love story I feel like I will be reading this again soon!
Robin
Dec 19, 2014 Robin rated it liked it
Paralyzed in a mountain climbing accident two years ago, Blake Remington has lost his will to live. Physical therapist Dione Kelly has looked at his case and believes she can make him walk again. But in helping Blake regain his ability to walk, Dione faces her own vulnerabilities and starts to heal herself.

I really enjoyed the first 200 pages of this book. But then the heroine decided that the hero didn't know his own mind. She thought he was just infatuated with her and would quickly lose inter
Ivana
It would be even better if they were younger, but for some reason I liked it.
Kittenlittle
อานในเวอรชันไทยชือ 'ปราการรัก' ...more
Marianne
Nov 19, 2015 Marianne rated it it was ok
Quick read. Not her best, just OK.
  • Upon a Midnight Clear: The Teacher / Christmas Magic / Jolly Holly / If Only in My Dreams / White Out
  • When There is Hope
  • Beautiful Dreamer
  • Moonrise
  • A Life Worth Living
  • On Wings of Magic
  • A Time To Die (The Protectors, #29)
  • The Spear
  • The Outlaw and the Lady (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
  • Entwined (The Ten, #1)
  • Winter Garden (Winter Garden #2)
  • Devotion (Hawthorne, #2)
  • Uncovered
  • Twin Peaks
  • Physical Distraction (Sinful Suspense, #1)
  • Wheels of Steel: Book 1 (Wheels of Steel, #1)
  • Heart's Desire: A Collection of Their Most Touching Love Stories
  • Double Exposure: From A Gift of Love

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...