Start by marking “Now You See Her” as Want to Read:
Now You See Her

Now You See Her

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  8,039 ratings  ·  190 reviews
With the scintillating sensuality and high-voltage thrills that distinguish all of her blockbusters of romantic suspense, Linda Howard grips the imagination and touches the heart as only she can, in her sixth dazzling New York Times bestseller.

A talented painter in her early thirties, Paris Sweeney has achieved enviable success: her work sells at an exclusive New York Ci

Published July 1st 2003 by Pocket Books (first published May 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Now You See Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now You See Her

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
22nd out of 1,355 books — 1,779 voters
Dream Man by Linda HowardAmong the Shrouded by Amalie JahnSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDangerous Prey by Lorena WoodStealing Shadows by Kay Hooper
Psychic Hero/Heroines in Contemporary Romance
7th out of 181 books — 120 voters

More lists with this book...

♡Karlyn P♡

4* 'Fifty Shades Didn't Write it First' Stars
ME: "Hey, this is just like Fifty-Shades of Grey!!"

YOU: "Noooo, seriously?!!"

ME: "Yes, really!!"
I know, I know… It seems as if EVERY book these days is being compared to the Fifty phenomenon. But to me, Fifty is just recycled material and this book is yet more proof. Romance authors have been writing about super sexy, powerful, rich billionaires with an obsessive streak for a ‘mousy’ heroine for YEARS! Tortured heroes? Also been done, done, and do
Ingela
Written March 23, 2015

3 1/2 Stars - Sweet Smexy Simple Suspense

Well, it was entertaing and I'm not complaining; this is a sweet thrilling romance with a good crime plot. Not an amazing great novel from Linda Howard but undoubtedly good enough.

***********************************************************

Manhattan, New York City, U.S.

Paris Sweeney, or just Sweeney as she prefers, is a talented painter in her early thirties. Sweeney like to love alone, and don't want any relationship, her artwork i
Mo

This one is coming in at between 3 and 4 stars. There was something missing and I don’t know what.

”Honey, you don’t have any idea how I look when I’m satisfied.”

Sweeney is independent, dresses how she likes, doesn’t care about class or status. She thinks she is immune to men – until suddenly she realizes that she is not. Especially where Richard Worth is concerned.

Touch of the paranormal.

He bent his head and kissed her sulky mouth

Sex scenese were few and far between.

He had a sneaking idea s
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict
 photo 11575720_zpsb424590b.jpg

Re-reading Dec 15th, 2014 (Audio Book)
In the mood for some Linda Howard, thought I'd revisit an old favorite....it's a oldie but definitely a goodie.

I love both the H&h in this book and Richard is probably one of my fave LH hero's. Paris Sweeny is a clairvoyant artist and Richard is a wealthy businessman who's estranged socialite wife owns the art gallery where Sweeny displays her work.

Richard and Sweeny are wildly attracted to one another after a chance encounter they start spending tim
Lady Heather
Love it!!!
Richard is AMAZING!... *sigh*
..and Sweeney has got style, a no-nonsense attitude, honesty, and integrity. Absolutely adored her character.
Linda
I believe Linda Howard is one of those authors that is successful because of her heroes. The romance and suspense could be good but to me, what 'sells' her stories, are the male characters. You are going to love them or you are not. Alpha-dripping, domineering protective/obsessive, possible cave-man attitude men who love the heroine and are not afraid to show it. And if you can love the hero, you will accept the heroine.

Paris 'Sweeney', among other things, started seeing ghosts a year ago. (view
Ian
Linda Howard always strikes me as an author with potential. I've read maybe 7 or 8 of her books and I've quite liked them all, but in each case couldn't help thinking 'this would be better if....'.

There have only been two of her books which I have no reservations about. Veil of Night and this one. This book centers around Paris, an artist who has strange psychic abilities. When she approaches a red light, it turns green. Her potted plants thrive regardless of how she treats them. She knows the
Has
Note: Originally posted at - www.Bookloversinc.com

Now You See Her is one of my all time favourite books, and it is one of those books I revist again and again, especially at times I need to get out of a book funk or to comfort myself when I need a pick-me-up. I am a huge huge fan of Linda Howard’s, but there is something really magical about this book especially where it stands out among her backlist, and most recently I reread it again for the 5837327 time, and I decided to write an Oldie but a
Pamela(AllHoney)
A good read by Ms Howard. Paris Sweeney is an artist, haunted by her dreams. Richard is the gallery owner and husband of the woman, Chandra, who runs the gallery and shows Paris' works. He feels an attraction for the quirky artist right away but until his upcoming divorce is final, he must bide his time. Meanwhile, brutal murders are taking shape on Paris' canvases. Fast-paced and suspenseful.
Carrie
TBR Challenge 2012-Personal Category: This book has been on my to-read list since Dec 10, 2010.

A-/B+
This book has been on my to-read list for over a year, but I never got around to getting a print copy. When it was available for a good price as an audiobook on audible, I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I listened to the audiobook instead of reading the book. While I would have liked the book in print, I can't help but think the narrator increased my enjoyment quite a bit. Narrator Laura Le
P. Kirby
Goodreads asks, "Are you sure you want to mark this book as read?" and I respond, "Oh, sweet Jesus, yes, finally."

Now You See Her bears a strikingly similarity to Twilight. Not because there is a disco ball sparkly vampire anywhere in sight, but instead, because, like Twilight, the voice is engaging, that of a natural story teller, and it kept me reading long after I'd lost any interest in the characters.

Also, like Twilight, it features a "Rich, powerful male sweeps into the heroine's life, savi
Carolyn F.
Audiobook. Abridged

This book was a very pleasant surprise. I didn't realize the author did paranormal books (ghosts and clairvoyance). Loved that aspect of it. I loved Talia Balsam's narration and am very surprised she didn't narrate more books because she did a wonderful job with this one. So, loved the book, loved the narration, loved the author. Love, love, love.
Pat Cromwell
The hero, Richard and his ex-wife made this book for me. She was a snide little bitch and he was so damn cool I betcha a fly wouldn't land on him. Linda is very good at writing the GQ Cool as a Cucumber guys! Strong silent type with a look and snappy lines that will scare a person. No threats and promises --- just assurances. He isn't quite Gray from After the Night (nobody is that 007 cajun cool), but very much like Robert Conrad from Loving Evangeline all grown up.

Obviously I read Linda Howard
Melanie
Loved this book... I wasn't sure how Linda Howard would work around Candra's connection to hero and heroine, but she did a great job! Loved Sweeney's obliviousness to Richard at first, and then just plain loved the interaction between the two...5*
Serban Georgiana
Toate cartile scrise de Linda Howard pe care eu le-am citit au avut ceva special,si mi-au fost dragi.
De la acesta carte am avut mari asteptari,mai ales dupa ce am citit recenzile si parerile cititorilor.Nu a fost la inaltimea asteptarilor mele,dar cat ma-si chinuii nu pot pune punctul pe i,si nu-mi dau seama ce-i lipseste.
Pesrsonajele au fost OK,bruma de paranormal cu care autoare a condimentat povestea nu m-a deranjat,ba din contra,dialogurile relativ bune......cat a-si incerca sa meditez, tot
Kath
While I usually enjoy Linda Howards works, this one had enough things that bothered me to rate it as a 2. There were parts that were interesting, but more parts bugged me than anything. First of all, the storyline of Sweeny and her gift showed some promise and was some what interesting, but was never resolved at the end. Why was it happening, how was it linked, what really was it.

Secondly, her love interest, Richard. A man whom earned his wealth on his own and whom is recently going through a di
Rebecca
When I read the premise for Now You See Her I thought it sounded really good. I really enjoyed the story and the mystery element but I did not particularly enjoy the main character.
I just had so many issues with Sweeney. She’s so meek and childish in some ways that I don’t really like her. It seemed like for most of the book she was either keeping to herself and avoiding people or hiding behind Richard. Not to mention she just kept doing so many stupid things that I felt like pulling my hair out
Nicole
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/05/15/...

When I saw this Howard book as the Kindle Daily Deal the other day, I went and checked out all the favorable reviews from my friends and decided that I needed to give it a try. I had yet to read a Howard book, despite all the good things I’ve heard over the years. I have to say, I was a little disappointed, especially after hearing the hype surrounding her.

Sweeney is a painter who is a lot clueless to everything else in life,
Cam
Rhapsody
May 07, 2007 Rhapsody rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: light paranormal romance readers
I like Linda Howard. This is the second book I read by her, and even though her books aren't super thrilling the way some other, flashier paranormals can be, her writing style is really pleasant to read. This one's about Sweeney, an absent-minded artist who develops some psychic abilities and starts painting murder scenes in her sleep. Her hero is Richard, the soon-to-be ex-husband of the woman who owns the gallery where Sweeney sells her work. I liked the Richard character--he was totally a sap ...more
Jessica

"Poverty ground you down, turned you into a social parasite, or it made you tough."

Richard, the straight, able-bodied, Christian, white male who grew up on land owned by his grandfather, didn't like being poor as a kid, so picked himself up by the bootstraps and did everything he could to amass wealth. ("But land is a form of wealth," you exclaim, "and being in a position where you can turn down foodstamps is far from the lowest rung on the poverty ladder!" Shh, don't look behind the cu
Fanny Roswita Ria
I love Paris Swenney and Richard chemistry

Berawal dari indera ke-6 yg membuat sang heroine pindah ke kota besar yaitu New York dengan alasan agar tdk ada orang yg memandang dirinya dengan aneh jika indera ke-6nya kembali mendominasi dirinya. Sang heroine dengan bantuan pemilik galeri, Chandra, tinggal di apartemen yang dimiliki oleh sang hero yang juga merupakan suami dari Chandra. Ditambah saat ini dia menjadi pelukis yang sedang naik daun.

Ada Richard, sang hero, yang msh berstatus menikah dg
Angelica
I found this book boring and unoriginal. Starting with the weird artist who is (obviously) not aware of her own beauty, who is the closest thing to a virgin I could imagine, and who, of course, manages to attract the rich guy despite, or maybe because of, her innocent weird ways. Let's not forget that he's not just a rich guy, he's an ex Ranger self made millionaire. And dare I say boring to boost due to his two-dimensional characterization?

Sweeny grated on my nerves. Her naivete was too close
Ying Yuvejwattana
4.5 Romantic Suspense Stars

I love Linda. This is her old work but it's still very nice.
destinugrainy
Sweeney punya kemampuan indra keenam. Di kota asalnya dia bisa melihat hantu. Ketika dia pindah ke New York, Sweeney berpikir kemampuan itu sudah menghilang. Ternyata kali ini penglihatannya datang dalam wujud lukisan. Setiap kali dia akan mendapat penglihatan akan seseorang yang meninggal, badannya akan menjadi dingin. Lalu dia akan berjalan dalam tidurnya, dan melukis tanpa disadarinya.

Pekerjaan Sweeney sebagai pelukis membuatnya berkenalan dengan Candra, pemilik sebuah galeri. Dalam satu kunj
Alyssa
After starting with the amazing Cry No More, I'm working through Linda Howard's back list and getting more and more discouraged as I go. I'm looking for the emotional punch, steamy connection, compassionate bad ass hero and strong female lead from Cry No More in every book and so far have come up short. I found the premise of this one intriguing, but like other reviewers found the ending came about too quickly and we were left hanging after so much exposition.

One thing I did really like about t
Maldivianbookreviewer
Though I am still pouting about the shortness of the epilogue, I will still give this book a 5 star rating because as always Linda Howard delivers what she promises in her stories.
Full review can be found at my blog: http://bit.ly/clmeu6
Alexis-Morgan Roark
The Epilogue kept me from giving this book 5 stars. What a tease! Great book. A super, sexy mystery that was also funny and interesting to book. God, I DO LOVE Linda Howard!!!
Shannon C.
4 stars: entertaining paranormal romantic mystery/suspense

Just rereading some of my LH favs and this one was even better the second time around. Love the characters.

Mahareni Maldini
Hadeh, malah boring tiap sampe adegannya Richard+Sweeney, kenapa ya? So, agak-agak skip-skip deh, ke adegan yang lebih menegangkan.

Tapi salut buat Tante Howard, sukses menciptakan adegan pembunuhan yang menurutku sadis dan kejam, bikin merinding+menggigil sampe ke tulang. Bikin para pembaca (terutama diriku) terserap ke adegan tersebut dan seolah-olah ikut merasakan tikaman-tikaman kalap dari si pembunuh. Hiiiiiiii.......

Tambahin lagiiii...ada yang ketinggalan. Itu si Candra, habis dibunuh kok h
Brown Bag Book Club: Do You Like This Book? 3 4 Oct 22, 2012 05:16PM
  • Woman on the Run
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • Shadows at Sunset
  • After Caroline
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Crazy Kisses (Steele Street, #4)
  • Pearl Cove (Donovan, #3)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...
Mr. Perfect After the Night Dream Man Open Season Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1)

“Sweeney: I can just see all you tough young soldiers cuddling together.
Richard: Not cuddling, huddling. There's a difference.”
28 likes