Start by marking “Assault on the Rock” as Want to Read:
Assault on the Rock

Assault on the Rock

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  2 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Can the Mediterranean be saved from the Fascists? Hot-headed Catalan Pierre Cusi and his old crew of Catalan volunteers are sent on a mission to assassinate Franco.
Published November 1st 2006 by Severn House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Assault on the Rock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assault on the Rock

Robin
Mar 07, 2012 Robin rated it it was ok
Like so many of Harding's books, he seems to enjoy trashing famous people which detracts from its value. In this case, once more he is blackening the character of Ian Fleming. If Harding is to be believed, Fleming appears to have been a major player in every major incident involving naval intelligence which is more than a little unlikely given that for most of the war he was only a Lieutenant Commander.

Written in his usual lightweight if not flippant style, this is an enjoyable enough read but t
Carole Phillips
Feb 07, 2016 Carole Phillips rated it really liked it
This book would not be my normal choice as it's a gritty WWII story, but I was drawn to it as I am interested in historical stories about Gibraltar, which I have visited many times. I thoroughly enjoyed the dramatic and gripping story about Spain in 1939 at the end of the Civil War. The remnants of the defeated Republicans, including the hot-headed Catalan Angles Cusi, are making good their escape. The story revolves around Cusi and his Catalan compatriots, who eventually are tasked with assassi ...more
Benn