Picasso

Picasso

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  177 ratings  ·  11 reviews
I wanted to be a painter, and I became Picasso declared Pablo Picasso (1881-1973) in an apt survey of a triumphant career. He had good grounds for the confidence palpable in his statement, for in the history of 20th century art, his name stands out over all the others. In Picasso's
paintings, drawings, lithographs, ceramics, and sculptures, he was tirelessly inventive and i...more
Published August 2nd 2006 by Taschen (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Picasso, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Picasso

M
Nov 22, 2008 M rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: who likes Art History -Surrealism
Shelves: art
"I wanted to be a painter, I became Picasso" said Picasso. If you want to read one book about Picasso's life and career ( paintings, ceramics, graphic work, drawings and sculpture), this study is remarkable.
Arnoldo Garcia
Apr 30, 2009 Arnoldo Garcia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: writers as a model for learning to re-write and use different techniques of imaginationings
Shelves: arte
Picasso said that at 8 years old he painted like Velazquez and when he was 60 or later he wanted to paint like a child. He was right: we are all born artists, but society, the socialization process that sews in class/gender/race in all its dimensions, takes it away from us. That's why there are Picasso's and the rest of us. The superman, the superpainter, the super is the result of the unsuper majorities. But that can and has changed. Discipline, imagination, hard work, resources to be able to m...more
Seth
Absolutely fantastic biography and history of Picasso. If you're look for a thorough, in-depth look at his work and how each movement came about, this is the place to start. 2 volumes, gorgeous pictures.
Cathy I
Lots of great paintings that I hadn't seen before and lots more information about his life. In-depth information about Guernica which I need.
Apryl Anderson
This was a super overview of Picasso's life & work. The color reproductions are very good.
Marie
Beautiful two-book compilation of Picasso's work and detailed information on individual works.
Teddy Farias
it's OK. contains many pix. describes only some art works but leaves other pieces unexplained
Taylor W. Rushing
Bold and in-depth depiction of his work. Gotta love the rose period.
Diogo
Picasso (25 Spring) by Ingo F Walther (2007)
Mark
Text: three stars and a half.
Illustrations: six.
Awas1
read or dowanlode
Joshua
Joshua added it
Aug 21, 2014
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Bakani Butale
Bakani Butale marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Nathan Benmargi
Nathan Benmargi marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Filip Coertjens
Filip Coertjens marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Tamma
Tamma marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Mpn
Mpn marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
adrenalexpire
adrenalexpire marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
mensch
mensch added it
Jun 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Theatre D'Amour De Stijl (Big Series) Becker. Decorative Arts from the Middle Ages to Renaissance Bavaria Sancta, Heiliges Bayern: Die Altbayerischen Patrone Aus Der Heiligengeschichte Des Matthaeus Rader Sprechende Bilder, Sichtbare Worte: Das Bildverstandnis In Der Fruhen Neuzeit (Wolfenbutteler Forschungen) (German Edition)