Start by marking “Picasso” as Want to Read:
Picasso

Picasso

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  249 ratings  ·  13 reviews
I wanted to be a painter, and I became Picasso declared Pablo Picasso (1881-1973) in an apt survey of a triumphant career. He had good grounds for the confidence palpable in his statement, for in the history of 20th century art, his name stands out over all the others. In Picasso's
paintings, drawings, lithographs, ceramics, and sculptures, he was tirelessly inventive and i
Published August 2nd 2006 by Taschen (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Picasso, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Picasso

M
Nov 22, 2008 M rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: who likes Art History -Surrealism
Shelves: art
"I wanted to be a painter, I became Picasso" said Picasso. If you want to read one book about Picasso's life and career ( paintings, ceramics, graphic work, drawings and sculpture), this study is remarkable.
Arnoldo Garcia
Apr 30, 2009 Arnoldo Garcia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: writers as a model for learning to re-write and use different techniques of imaginationings
Shelves: arte
Picasso said that at 8 years old he painted like Velazquez and when he was 60 or later he wanted to paint like a child. He was right: we are all born artists, but society, the socialization process that sews in class/gender/race in all its dimensions, takes it away from us. That's why there are Picasso's and the rest of us. The superman, the superpainter, the super is the result of the unsuper majorities. But that can and has changed. Discipline, imagination, hard work, resources to be able to m ...more
Jim
A great collection of Picasso's work and history at a reasonable price. Recommended.
sologdin
why you gotta go reduce three dimensional space down to two dimensions like that? it's almost as though it constitutes a lumpenized antisocial nihilist attack on perspective itself, kinda like Holbein's ambassadors but specifically commie this time.
Seth
Absolutely fantastic biography and history of Picasso. If you're look for a thorough, in-depth look at his work and how each movement came about, this is the place to start. 2 volumes, gorgeous pictures.
Cathy I
Lots of great paintings that I hadn't seen before and lots more information about his life. In-depth information about Guernica which I need.
Apryl Anderson
This was a super overview of Picasso's life & work. The color reproductions are very good.
Marie
Beautiful two-book compilation of Picasso's work and detailed information on individual works.
Teddy Farias
it's OK. contains many pix. describes only some art works but leaves other pieces unexplained
Taylor W. Rushing
Bold and in-depth depiction of his work. Gotta love the rose period.
Diogo
Picasso (25 Spring) by Ingo F Walther (2007)
Mark
Text: three stars and a half.
Illustrations: six.
Awas1
read or dowanlode
Claudio
Claudio marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Anirban
Anirban marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Matthew Lancaster
Matthew Lancaster is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2015
Padera
Padera added it
Jun 07, 2015
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Janet Foy
Janet Foy marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Kateryna Matviienko
Kateryna Matviienko marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
  • Salvador Dali
  • A Life of Picasso: The Triumphant Years: 1917-1932 (Vol 3)
  • Francis Bacon: 1909-1992
  • Lucian Freud Paintings
  • Marc Chagall, 1887-1985: Painting as Poetry
  • Van Gogh
  • Dictionary of Subjects and Symbols in Art (Icon Editions)
  • Eva Hesse
  • Kandinsky
  • Through the Flower: My Struggle as a Woman Artist
  • Picasso
  • Antoni Gaudi
  • Henri Matisse (Big Art)
  • The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
  • Portrait of Picasso as a Young Man
  • A Concise History of Modern Painting
  • Monet
  • Auguste Rodin
Theatre D'Amour De Stijl (Big Series) Becker. Decorative Arts from the Middle Ages to Renaissance Bavaria Sancta, Heiliges Bayern: Die Altbayerischen Patrone Aus Der Heiligengeschichte Des Matthaeus Rader Sprechende Bilder, Sichtbare Worte: Das Bildverstandnis In Der Fruhen Neuzeit (Wolfenbutteler Forschungen) (German Edition)