Start by marking “Bookcraft: Techniques for Binding, Folding, and Decorating to Create Books and More” as Want to Read:

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Binding, folding, and decorating techniques to create beautiful artists’ books and more

From heirloom memories to unique journals, albums, and altered books—or simple tag books for your kids—Bookcraft contains all the skills you will ever need.

Books are a central part of life, and have been with us for around 2,000 years. Although most books we use are produced commercially
Published September 1st 2008 by Quarry Books

To ask other readers questions about Bookcraft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bookcraft

Buchdoktor
Heather Weston, die einen Master of Arts in Buchkunst am Londoner College of Arts erwarb, führt vom Einfachen zum Anspruchsvollen in die Kunst des Buchbindens ein. Zahlreiche Abbildungen zeigen die nötigen Werkzeuge, Papiere, Einbandmaterialien und Kleistervarianten. Die einfache Heftung wird anhand eines Ganzleinenbandes mit einer Lage gezeigt; die aussagekräftigen Abbildungen benötigen zur Erklärung nur einen knappen Text. Die Proportionen von Buchblock, Einbandpappe und Überzugsmaterial sind ...more
Phredric
I love books: to read and to write in. Used to make my own notebooks many many years ago and this has inspired me to do it again and provided simple instructions to do so. Going to buy a copy of my very own.
Jen
I really love books that show step by step tutorials with photography rather than drawn diagrams. There's something about seeing the process "live" rather than theoretically. It makes it a lot easier to copy and thus learn a technique a lot easily.

I think this book has the easiest explanation of a pamphlet stitch I've seen; it was really easy to do, which is great since I had to bind a book just hours before it was due!

Rating: 3.5/5
Jamie
Great photo instructions for simple and elegant books, plus some more complex effects and projects.
Ezekiel
This book makes bookmaking seem both really appealing and doable. Just what I want from a book about a craft. Not to mention the glorious examples at the end. I found myself pondering how exactly I would do something like the examples, and then (and even better) how to create a conceptual piece that would be entirely my own.
Mads P.
I was really disappointed with how few binding techniques are in this book. I ended up ordering Alisa Golden's "Making Handmade Books: 100+ Bindings, Structures & Forms" right after buying this one and I'm finding that Golden's book has much more detailed instructions and many more binding techniques.
Steen
Of all my bookbinding titles, this is my favorite. It is not only well-written with clear instructions, it also lacks the cheese factor that plagues most craft books.

The true test - I have actually created genuine, finished projects using Bookcraft. That's the strongest endorsement, trust me!
Casey
Very good for beginners. Full color photos showing all the steps which are clearly written. Explains all the supplies. Variety of binding types.
Tamara
Some cool techniques, including embossing and making pop-up staircases. Sad that all of the examples use "virgin" books instead of altered books.
Tammy
Too intense of projects for me to do...they look great, but complicated! There are great tips for making books though!
Rachaelita
Very helpful, informative and fun book. Another one to add to the "to buy" pile.
Janni
Oct 04, 2009 Janni added it
A really nice introduction to bookbinding -- so far, I'm really having fun with it.
K. Blaha
My favorite book-binding reference. Nice color pictures, and doesn't omit too many steps.
Gigi
Sep 08, 2012 Gigi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: craft
One of the better examples of both ideas and general book binding.
Sally
Nov 29, 2014
Sarah added it
Nov 29, 2014
Evan
Evan marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Pao
Pao added it
Sep 16, 2014
Vixen
Vixen added it
Dec 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Handmade Books - Binding, Folding and Decorating Borges And I Carnets Et Albums Créatifs: Reliures, Scrap, Déco