Start by marking “Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)

Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles #3)

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  1,288 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
The police think he killed someone. He swears he’s innocent. All she knows for certain is his crime against her. Louis Dubose, international art dealer, has been murdered. The police are certain they’ve got their man. Recently fired by Dubose, Ben Robinson has a motive backed by a convincing trail of evidence. Except that one person isn’t convinced—someone who knows Ben we ...more
Published October 22nd 1996 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Ulterior Motives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ulterior Motives

This Present Darkness by Frank E. PerettiDown & Out by Marcy G. DyerAgainst All Odds by Irene HannonSister Dear by Laura McNeillIn Harm's Way by Irene Hannon
Christian Mystery/Suspense Books
125th out of 388 books — 287 voters
Shattered by Death by Catherine FingerDisillusioned by Christy BarrittFatal 5 by Karin KaufmanBuried Secrets by Irene HannonDanger at the Border by Terri Reed
Christian Suspense
94th out of 130 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Willowy Whisper
Apr 18, 2016 Willowy Whisper rated it it was amazing
First of all, I just have to say that I am flipped over all of Terri Blackstock's books. When I start one of her books, I literally don't want to stop. They are so fast-paced, throwing you into the plot and the story without dragging you through the mud of every-day-life, like a lot of books.
Anyways, down to this book . . .
I found it stuck in the upstairs shelf at my granny's. I looked for book one, but it wasn't there. But I was bored. So I settled. Usually (unless I've read the first one) se
Sep 15, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it
This is a story of forgiveness and how even when you think that you have forgiven a person situations can occur that proves you wrong. Sharon thought she had forgiven her ex-husband. She wanted to keep on with this thought but when Ben was accused of murder and homeless her daughter brought her up with how she has always seen the good side of a person. When she found out the person whom her daughter wanted a place to stay were her ex-husband and his family she almost lost it. When she found out ...more
Beth
May 05, 2015 Beth rated it liked it
Third in the series, again some of the same characters plus a couple of new ones. A murder this time and the suspect has some old business with an ex-wife. She reaches deep into her goodness and helps him, his wife and children. A lot of the story is about her reaching forgiveness.

We have the murder, the kidnapping of two young children and an art theft. Lots of action.
Jeanette
Oct 24, 2015 Jeanette rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Story focuses on forgiveness, true and full forgiveness. Sharon thought she had forgiven her ex-husband, Ben. Then he is accused of murder and evicted from his place, Sharon stands up for him and invites him and his family to move in with her. During this time she realizes that she hasn't truly forgiven Ben, and seeks out how to fix this. Divorce is hard on families and the author does and good job of showing both sides. The action/mystery kept the story moving, the kidnapping of the two young g ...more
Angie
Jun 24, 2014 Angie rated it liked it
I ended up listening to an abridged edition from the library. I'm not sure if it was the edition, the style of the recording, or the story itself, but it just felt cheesy and weak compared to my usual experience with her books.
Joan Burgett
Dec 12, 2013 Joan Burgett rated it it was amazing
Terri Blackstock is such a good author. In "Ulterior Motives" the pace and suspense of the book carries on from the first to last pages. Sharon Robinson's ex-husband has been accused of murder. She knows that Ben is capable of trashing human lives but not of taking them.
Ben has a new family ... with 2 little stepsisters only a year a apart; Sharon's daughter and new-wife Anne's. The little girls are almost inseparable and kidnapped by the real killer. " This faith-filled book is about the cost o
Kim
Dec 28, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing
Tania
Jul 20, 2013 Tania rated it really liked it
My favorite thing about this series is that the stories are all quite unique. It is easy to identify with the characters and the story moves along quickly. I enjoyed how the author chose to include the subject of a blended family in this story. Divorce is hard on families--the author does an excellent job showing both sides and focuses on true/full forgiveness. The action/mystery kept the story moving, yet emotional.
Very pleased with this series--even if I didn't find it until I'd read all her o
Deb Todd
Sep 24, 2015 Deb Todd rated it really liked it
Good series. The only thing I would change is I wanted them to reduce that poor cat at the end.
Jen
Feb 26, 2014 Jen rated it liked it
This was good, I did not realize it is book #3 in a series.
Sue Klasing
A divorced man charged with murder has to accept refuge for himself & his new family in his former wife's home. As the mystery unravels and is finally solved God works miracles in the lives of all concerned.
Susan
Feb 04, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
Very intense...involved kidnapping of children...still a good story...great ending!
Carolyn E
Jan 24, 2012 Carolyn E rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I loved this book. I think it probably rates at least 6 or 7 stars. All of the books that I have read so far by Terri Blackstock have been great. I am trying to read as many of her books as I can. They are wonderful stories that I highly recommend.
Lisa
Jun 24, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing
This book is a real page-turner! Definitely one of my favorites by Blackstock.
Anne
Mar 29, 2011 Anne rated it liked it
Sharon and her children are drawn inot a murder when they give refuge to her ex-husband, his new wife and their two children. Although their marriage ended badly, Sharon still believes in his innocence, and with a certain policeman, Tony Banks, who she is attracted to, they unravel the mystery.
Jodi Mac
Dec 22, 2013 Jodi Mac rated it liked it
Shelves: about-to-start
This was a very good book:) it was not one of the best books I have read, yet it wasn't one of the worst either. It's a suspenseful story line with doses of spirituality here and there. I don't regret reading this at all:)
Scott
Dec 21, 2010 Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I downloaded this as an audiobook from the library, and liked it as I do all of Blackstock's books. Unfortunately I apparently got an abridged version and I would have much rather had the full edition.
Carol Schultz
Jul 23, 2011 Carol Schultz rated it liked it
I am enjoying this author and how she speaks of the sometimes challenges of relationships. Her settings are the dramatic mysteries I have always preferred
Lisa
Jul 02, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it
I read this series straight through and really liked it. This was no different than the first two, a bit predictable at times but still a good summer read.
Hildegart
Jun 12, 2012 Hildegart rated it liked it
Shelves: christian
Enjoyed this book more than the second book in this series. This is closer to what I was expecting from Blackstock. Like some of her other books better.
Kylie
Sep 01, 2012 Kylie rated it it was amazing
I love this series...I love how each of the characters are intertwined in each book. I have loved every book I have read by Terri Blackstock.
Debbie
Sep 16, 2012 Debbie added it
Not as suspensful as some of the other Blackstock books I have read. Very quick read. My favorite character was the cat.
Andrea
Mar 16, 2009 Andrea rated it it was amazing
This whole series just keeps getting better and better. It gives great examples of forgiveness and self control. Great read!
Debbie
Jan 20, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it
art dealer has been murdered and everything points to Ben Robinson, but his exwife takes him and his new family in
Karen
Aug 11, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
I loved this one. Some books of hers rank 3-4. A few like this one a 5. hard to put down.
Rshelite
Jan 12, 2013 Rshelite rated it liked it
I wasn't thrilled with this book. It was okay. It just seemed so predictable.
Brenda Hazzard
Jun 08, 2013 Brenda Hazzard rated it it was amazing
Keeps you reading !!!! Terri Blackstock is truly amazing !
Eva
Jul 27, 2009 Eva added it
So far so good...inspirational fiction.
Becca Montano
Jun 05, 2011 Becca Montano rated it liked it
Good suspense. Glad for happy endings.
Susan
Nov 21, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
Suncoast Chronicles Series
  • Showers in Season (Seasons, #2)
  • Dead of Night (Hidden Faces Series, #3)
  • The Trial
  • The Day of Reckoning (Baxter #2)
  • The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney
  • The Guardian (O'Malley #2)
  • Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2)
  • Storm Surge (The Storm Series #3)
  • Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4)
19811
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived
More about Terri Blackstock...

Sun Coast Chronicles (4 books)
  • Evidence of Mercy (Sun Coast Chronicles, #1)
  • Justifiable Means ( Sun Coast Chronicles, #2)
  • Presumption of Guilt (Sun Coast Chronicles, #4)