Liber Kaos

Liber Kaos

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  405 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A complete, advanced magical training course for the individual or for groups, with details of the author's magical order, an outline for setting up a temple, and instructions for carrying out the essential rituals of Chaos Magic. Includes a fresh look at aeonics, cosmogenesis, auric magic, and shadow time, as well as discloses the technical aspects of spells and equations...more
Published May 1st 1992 by Samuel Weiser, Inc. (first published January 15th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Liber Kaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liber Kaos

Rob
I like his move of trying to justify CMT on grounds of theoretical physics-- his math is woefully underdone here, but the math on his website carries onward where this book fails.
Felix
Jan 09, 2008 Felix rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any serious student of magick
Shelves: occult
This book is in parts truly excellent - and should be essential reading for students of the 'arte magickal'. The descriptions of mechanism and process are outstanding - although they will appeal most to people with a physics / maths inclination.
Some other parts of the book (perhaps less important ones, really) are much weaker - and make lots of sense but probably are only really useful if you already know what the author is talking about ... otherwise they are likely to be seen as either uninfor...more
Aaron Meyer
I remember when this book came out it was like the hottest thing out there. As far as Chaos Magic goes this is one of the essential books to have on the shelf. It gives theory, philosophy and practices that are essential for the practitioner.
Ankhie Weiser
May 02, 2011 Ankhie Weiser is currently reading it
After a lively and well attended discussion of Peter Carroll's Liber Null & Psychonaut for last month's Weiser Book Club - the members have voted to carry on with Liber Kaos. We will be meeting on Twitter, Facebook & www.weiserbooksblog.com on Wednesday June 1st (noonish ET) using the hashtag #WBC8! Join us!
Pamela
When I read it, it blew my mind. I've read a lot since tho, so it's hard to remember my first impression. There's not enough out there about mathemagics tho, so I think it still holds it's place as an important read.
Timm
One of the best technical manuals on magick yet created. Carroll is one of the minds behind the rise of Chaos Magick. This book is a refreshing dose out of the standard mythic embedded occult offerings.
Lindsey
An excellent description of Chaos Theory used as a magical theory. It was really refreshing to read this after reading so many of the heavy handed magical/mystical theories out there. And this stuff works.
Terra Bosart
One of the first books on magic that didn't talk down to me, and also didn't use a great deal of flowery language. It inspired me to analyze my perspectives, and begin practice again.
Sighris
Available for free on-line... or at least it was last time I looked. The theory on how the IOT should work.
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Úlfdís Járnviðar
Úlfdís Járnviðar is currently reading it
Jovany Agathe
Jovany Agathe is currently reading it
New Misanthropic
New Misanthropic marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Mauck
Mauck is currently reading it
Aug 22, 2014
Éamon
Éamon marked it as to-read
Anand
Anand marked it as to-read
E.v. Sage
E.v. Sage marked it as to-read
toupeira
toupeira marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Darius
Darius marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Kerli
Kerli is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Chad Rogers
Chad Rogers marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Dane Collins
Dane Collins marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
  • Condensed Chaos: An Introduction to Chaos Magic
  • Magick: Liber ABA: Book 4
  • The Magick of Aleister Crowley: A Handbook of the Rituals of Thelema
  • The Middle Pillar: The Balance Between Mind and Magic
  • Modern Magick: Eleven Lessons in the High Magickal Arts
  • The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin, The Mage — As Delivered By Abraham The Jew Unto His Son Lamech — As A Grimoire of The 15th Century
  • The Goetia the Lesser Key of Solomon the King: Lemegeton, Book 1 Clavicula Salomonis Regis
  • Transcendental Magic: Its Doctrine and Ritual
  • Real Magic
  • The Magician's Companion: A Practical and Encyclopedic Guide to Magical and Religious Symbolism (Llewellyn's Sourcebook)
  • Three Books of Occult Philosophy
  • The Book of Ceremonial Magic
Peter J. Carroll is a leading figure within the Chaos Magic movement. Along with "The New Equinox" publisher and writer Ray Sherwin, Carroll is widely considered to be the originator of Chaos Magic as an independent field of occult exploration.

A meeting between Peter J. Carroll and Ray Sherwin in Deptford in 1976 has been claimed as the birthplace of chaos magic, and in 1978 Carroll and Sherwin f...more
More about Peter J. Carroll...
Liber Null and Psychonaut: An Introduction to Chaos Magic Psybermagick: Advanced Ideas in Chaos Magick The Apophenion: a chaos magick paradigm: A Chaos Magic Paradigm The Octavo: A Sorcerer-Scientist's Grimoire The Cthonos Meditation: The Chaos Magick Audios Set #1