Start by marking “How to Cross a Pond: Poems About Water” as Want to Read:
How to Cross a Pond: Poems About Water

How to Cross a Pond: Poems About Water

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  3 reviews
From “Water Music” and the “Babbling Brook” (it speaks in Brookish) to an ocean that “sometimes sings and sometimes raves,” Marilyn Singer has captured the nature of water in this insightful and lyrical collection of poems. Whether she is showing us gardens, all dressed-up in “diamond necklaces of dew or lace collars of frost,” or the “sudden summer stream . . . the stubby ...more
Published August 12th 2003 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about How to Cross a Pond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Cross a Pond

Piper
I have had this book of poems called How to Cross a Pond: Poems about Water since I was a little kid . So I finally decided to read it . Actually I quite liked these poems . These poems were very cute and fun to read . Think of course that these poems are for little kids but actually I quite enjoyed them . I would recommend this book to anyone with little siblings , or if you just want a little book to read when you have 15 minutes .
Deanna Mcdonough
I loved how every picture was painted blue. Some poems showed the gracefulness of water, others the power of water. Nothing was too hard to read. It was a prefect book for young readers. The poems where very relaxing. It's nice book to use for teaching when trying to calm an excited class down. It was a very enjoyable poerty book.
Jimmy
Excellent poems about water. Great for kids to get an appreciation of such a valuable resource.
Maggi Idzikowski
Maggi Idzikowski marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Amy Rhilinger
Amy Rhilinger marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Tara
Tara added it
Apr 06, 2014
Salina
Salina marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Bird
Bird marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2009
Marilyn Singer was born in the Bronx (New York City) on October 3, 1948 and lived most of her early life in N. Massapequa (Long Island), NY. She attended Queens College, City University of New York, and for her junior year, Reading University, England. She holds a B.A. in English from Queens and an M.A. in Communications from New York University.

In 1974, after teaching English in New York City hig
More about Marilyn Singer...
Mirror Mirror: A Book of Reversible Verse Follow Follow: A Book of Reverso Poems A Stick Is an Excellent Thing: Poems Celebrating Outdoor Play Tallulah's Tutu A Strange Place to Call Home: The World's Most Dangerous Habitats & the Animals That Call Them Home