Start by marking “Kingdoms and Conquerors (Tennis Shoes, #10)” as Want to Read:
Kingdoms and Conquerors (Tennis Shoes, #10)

Kingdoms and Conquerors (Tennis Shoes #10)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,911 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Embark on an epic journey that spans centuries, continents, and the limits of your imagination as all of your favorite Tennis Shoes characters are thrown into a maelstrom of murderous intrigue and pulse-pounding suspense. Still searching for Joshua Plimpton-lost in an ancient American time warp-Steffanie and Harry Hawkins, along with their band of warriors and heroes, find ...more
Published December 31st 2005 by Covenant Communications (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Kingdoms and Conquerors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdoms and Conquerors

Fablehaven by Brandon MullRise of the Evening Star by Brandon MullGrip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon MullSecrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon MullTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Mormon Fantasy
37th out of 161 books — 316 voters
Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
124th out of 492 books — 432 voters

More lists with this book...

Ashley
Jul 20, 2015 Ashley rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, mormon-lit, 2005
Granted, when I started Book 10, I was in college, and past my days of reading YA novels. However, something about this book felt heavy handed, over worked, and totally and completely grasping at straws. To be perfectly honest, it never got finished. I don't know what's up with Heimerdinger and the fact that he has not published in some time, but this book killed my interest in the time traveling Hawkins clans. The magic was gone.
Christy
Jul 31, 2008 Christy rated it it was amazing
I HOPE HE WRITES THE NEXT ONE SOON!! you have to read this!!!
Erica (daydreamer)
I love the tennis shoes books. And this book, Kingdoms and Conquerors, has probably the most epic fight scene I’ve ever read. It is so incredible and well written and grips me utterly, but it’s more the knowledge of who the two people fighting are that captivates me and makes me flip the pages eagerly. One problem with these books though is that there’s just so much happening in the story. Pretty much every page has someone running from someone who wants to kill them, or they’re running to save ...more
Penelope Lake
Aug 26, 2015 Penelope Lake rated it really liked it
First book was great and fantabulous, and none of the books were as good as the first, but thats normal.
Gaby
Dec 12, 2008 Gaby rated it it was amazing
Hurry up Chris and get us the conclusion!
Jesse Whitehead
Nov 14, 2010 Jesse Whitehead rated it it was amazing
I have mixed feelings about this book. On one hand the action and character interactions were the best yet. There were some scenes where I was literally breathless to see what happened. There are terrible consequences – finally – for some of the brash decisions these characters have been making and in many ways those consequences raise this novel above many of the others in the series. Finally we’re confronted with the terrible reality of what could go wrong when modern people are dropped in the ...more
Stephanie
Jun 10, 2010 Stephanie rated it really liked it
So I thought it was safe to read this series. The last book has been out for 5 years. The series must be finished. Right??? Wrong!!! The very last page in the book says "to be continued" That was five years ago. I found the authors blog and read that like a week before I finished this book he finally sent the finished draft to the editors! Thank goodness I didn't read this book 5 years ago!

It was nice that by the end of this book most (let me repeat that: Most!) of the characters are finally tog
Dad
Oct 24, 2011 Dad rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-fiction
This is a fantastic book with lots of action and great imagination as it courses through scriptural history. The scenes going down the rapids of a Central American river as the enemy warriors hunt them is exciting. Adding Pagag, a Jaredite, to the mix is great. The romance of Megan and him make for a good time. To have all this action in one book is surely exciting with so many characters taking part makes for a super, action-packed book. The battle of two unknowing warriors, Giddidonihah and A ...more
Melissa
Jul 30, 2015 Melissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2015
This series is getting a little complicated ! I actually skimmed over a lot of it because I had a hard time keeping up with all of the different names and storylines.
Lisa
Apr 14, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
The next book in the Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites series, this book finds all but Jim and his sister, in the land of the Nephites and all at the same time. They must find each other, however, which becomes increasingly difficult, as they are in a time of great war and chaos. Amidst their many challenges, they finally find Joshua, who was taken in the previous book, but he is not the same child that they knew.

I enjoyed this book a lot, more than the previous book in fact. It definitely leaves
Aug 18, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
Love this book! Apollus proposes to Meagan in this one, and Pagag confesses his love for Steffanie!
Cleggj
Jan 29, 2016 Cleggj rated it it was amazing
I liked it but there are so many characters that its sometimes hard to keep up with whats going on.
Robyn
Mar 08, 2013 Robyn rated it it was ok
I feel a little put out that I started this series again in order to finish it up only to find out that the author has not finished writing it yet. The story is interesting enough, everybody is involved and most of them are in two different time zones. But there are too many changes of characters and I just can't believe that a mother would bring her new baby into such a dangerous situation. Anyway I am giving up on this series for a few years in hopes that the author finishes it by the time I h ...more
Brittany
Apr 07, 2015 Brittany rated it really liked it
This is probably my favorite of this current saga (so far, at least). It helps that Apollus and Meagan are back in action here. There are some tricky twists, for sure. As well as some tear-jerker/spiritual moments! I like that all the different groups are accounted for, unlike the last book. So we've got Josh, Garth, and Marcos; Meagan, Apollus, and Ryan; Harry, Mary, Steffanie, Rebecca, Gid, Micah, Jesse, and Pagag (whew!); and Jim and Jenny. Yeah, lots of different adventures and plenty of act ...more
Kerrin  Mountcastle
May 01, 2014 Kerrin Mountcastle rated it it was amazing
This one amazed me even more!
Rebecca Dean
Feb 03, 2015 Rebecca Dean rated it it was amazing
Love this
Annika
Jan 29, 2015 Annika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love it!
Heidi
Angie
This book tries to do too much, and therefore doesn't do enough. There are too many story lines, too many viewpoint characters (and the different fonts for each character is just dumb and unnecessary at this point), and each group spends a lot of time traveling. Which doesn't exactly make for riveting reading. I feel like the author could have done much more with this book if he had just stuck with a couple of characters, but since he focused on so many he couldn't do any of them justice. Sad.
Toni Black
May 02, 2011 Toni Black rated it really liked it
Over the years I've heard people make fun of these books and it took me a long time before I had any desire to read them. But I have to say, they have become one of my favorite series. I love to see my children read them. I'm okay with any book who's main theme is faith in Jesus Christ! These books are funny, well written and very inspiring. I love the daily reminder they have given me to have faith and follow Christ!
Greg
Mildly entertaining. Like the other books in the series, it is really directed at a young teenager (or younger) age group. I read this and subsequent books in the series at the insistence of my daughter who was a big fan. Though I enjoyed them, I appreciated them even more because they served as a catalyst for discussing related doctrinal concepts and concerns with my daughter, and later my son.
Charissa
May 05, 2011 Charissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
I just love, love, love this series. So fun and insightful. I totally love Steffanie's character in this book. She was so minor in other books, but I laughed a lot because of her in this book. The story's not over and I'm midway through 11 (which is the last one out I think...but I think the forward said he's writing 12). Heimerdinger pulled off another great one.
Francie
May 02, 2013 Francie rated it liked it
I'm really seriously losing interest in this series. Its so many years between volumes that I no longer even remember the characters, let alone where we left them off at the end of volume 9. If Mr Heimerdinger ever reaches a conclusion in this series, then I might be willing to restart at volume 1 and enjoy them all over again. But until then, I'm done reading his books.
Emilyn
Sep 12, 2009 Emilyn rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Emilyn by: joey
Shelves: favorites
holy cow. wow. that was just...great. I loved it. I know I say that about like all the books i've read, but that was like the best of the series. oh, I guess there were some weird parts, but there were also some really inspiring parts and some WAY funny parts. I love Chris' mind set and the way that he writes. I can't wait for him to write more!!!!

DA BEST!!!!
Kara
Apr 11, 2012 Kara rated it really liked it
I can easily say this series is one of my favorites of all time. They are uplifting, exciting and extremely well-written. What's not to love???

4/11/12 As I was reading this one, none of it seemed familiar. I thought I had read it, but I'm not so sure anymore. Regardless, it was a great read and even more enjoyable because it seemed new to me.
Pyper at Reading Lark
I've loved all these books, but this one was my least favorite. I still liked it, but there were too many different narrators...it was hard to keep everyone straight.

***New Review***

Just finished listening to this one again. I like this story better each time I read/hear it, although I still think there are an awful lot of narrators in this book!
Kirsten
Mar 03, 2014 Kirsten rated it it was amazing
The stories in this series get better and better! The characters have such different voices and the author has clearly done a lot of research to develop such a pictorial and rich cultural view of each land that these people visit. I am so intrigued by the supposition about how certain events came to pass. I think about it often throughout the day.
Melissa
Mar 09, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
I give this about 3.5 stars. 3 because I thought there were too many characters and branches off the story to remember and keep track of everyone. But, each branch of storyline was pretty captivating actually which is why I'd give it 4 stars. I loved the duel fighting scene towards the end of the book. A nail biter!
Ashley
May 05, 2011 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Wonderful!!!! Chris Heimerdinger does an excellent job with his books. The more they go on the better they get. It is wonderful how he describes the characters and everything. In this book, it is back to ancient America with all the same characters as the old books. It is absolutely marvelous!!
Billie
Sep 14, 2010 Billie rated it really liked it
The series for young and old is fun, but started slowing down, getting werid (even more than the fantacy it is) and then....the author stopped writing and left the adventure unfinished, in my mind.
Toward the end there were just too many characters, but any LDS reader will still enjoy the adventure.
Tennis She Adventure Series 1 7 Jul 13, 2008 01:30AM
  • Prelude to Glory, Vol. 8: A More Perfect Union
  • Come Unto Me (The Kingdom and the Crown, #2)
  • Alma
  • So Much of Life Ahead (Hearts of the Children, #5)
  • Hazardous Duty (Duty Series, #1)
  • Power of Deliverance (The Promised Land, #2)
Chris Heimerdinger is an author and member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) who has presently written sixteen adult and young adult novels, most of which center on religious themes familiar to LDS members. Most are published with Covenant Communications in American Fork, Utah. One title, A Return to Christmas was also picked up by Random House/Ballantine in 1995. When the t ...more
More about Chris Heimerdinger...

Tennis Shoes (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites (Tennis Shoes, #1)
  • Gadiantons and the Silver Sword (Tennis Shoes, #2)
  • Feathered Serpent, Part 1 (Tennis Shoes, #3)
  • Feathered Serpent, Part 2 (Tennis Shoes, #4)
  • The Sacred Quest (Tennis Shoes, #5)
  • The Lost Scrolls (Tennis Shoes, #6)
  • The Golden Crown (Tennis Shoes, #7)
  • Warriors of Cumorah (Tennis Shoes, #8)
  • Tower of Thunder (Tennis Shoes, #9)
  • Sorcerers and Seers (Tennis Shoes #11)