Start by marking “Running Away from Richard” as Want to Read:
Running Away from Richard

Running Away from Richard

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  270 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Just graduated from drama school, Lizzie Jordan is looking forward to a glittering career at the RSC and becoming Mrs Richard Adams. So how come, just one month later, Lizzie finds herself working as a waitress in Venice Beach?
Published 2001 by Coronet

To ask other readers questions about Running Away from Richard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Running Away from Richard

ChingyPingy
This was predictable even for chicklit. None of the characters were particularly interesting either. A waste of time.
Rachel Zylstra
This book was incredibly slow to get to the point. Lizzie was bloody frustrating in terms of her broken heart. A lot of unexpected twists but also plenty of predictable ones. I found myself thinking on many occasions 'I bet this this is going to happen....' and then a few pages later, it happened! So it took me alot longer to read than normal as I just couldn't get into it. That was until today when I hit around the page 295 mark and things kind of picked up. And I thought the end was well worth ...more
Shannon Jackson
I really liked this book and found myself laughing out loud at it. It was really fun and light.
It took me quite a while to get into but once I did, I did enjoy it. The blurb kind of confused me at first aswell.
It's about Lizzie Jordan, a woman who gets dumped by her boyfriend a few days before her best friends wedding (and she's a bridesmaid). After far too many pages of Lizzie crying and feeling rubbish she decides to move to America to become an actress.
From there the book does pick up a bi
Angela
Amanda
It was brilliant had me excited at times
Kathy Chung
Reviewed at : Mama Kucing Meow: Running Away From Richard by Chris Manby

For me it was an average read. Pretty much predictable
Shea
Easy read. Not quite predictable.
I love how the protagonist isn't very likeable. One moment I cheered for her & next, I thought she has got to have cotton for brain.

Good for light reading.
Kathryn Lane
Distinctly average. Some good ideas which made for pleasant holiday-reading, but a very predictable storyline. Recommended if you haven't anything else to read.
Qeyla
Just an average and slow story. I couldn't finish it. The main plot are not interesting and it's really not my kind of book.
Amy
Decent enough and with Manby's trademark humor, but not as grounded in reality as some of her better efforts.
Bylgja Valtýsdóttir
Held að þetta sé ágætis húsmæðraklám sem passar vel við sundlaugarbakkann.
Damla
(biri benim 3 nikah kelebek yayınevi)
Bec
Meh, not terrible but no Marian Keyes.
Mari-Tricia
Couldn't put it down!
Jaisri
Jaisri marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Joanne
Joanne added it
Jun 10, 2015
Jen K
Jen K marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Viki
Viki marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Johanna Miller
Johanna Miller marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
  • Three In A Bed
  • Lost For Words
  • Honeymoon
  • Far From Over
  • Country Pursuits: Churchminister series 1
  • Where Have All the Boys Gone?
  • All Because of You (Lakeview #2)
  • Two For Joy
  • Lots Of Love (Lodes Chronicles, #1)
  • Kate's Wedding
  • Society Girls
  • Perfect Alibis
  • Babyface
  • Something Borrowed
This author has also released books under the name Chrissie Manby.

Encouraged my by English teacher, Mrs. Pocock, I published my first short story in Just Seventeen when I was fourteen years old. The story was called ‘Whatever happened to the wonderful boy I fell in love with’ and I published it under the pseudonym ‘Carolyn Lane’ because it largely consisted of a transcript of an argument I’d had w
More about Chris Manby...
Getting Personal The Matchbreaker Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life Seven Sunny Days Ready or Not?