Start by marking “Seven Sunny Days” as Want to Read:
Seven Sunny Days

Seven Sunny Days

3.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  541 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Looking to get away from it all? Try seven sunny days in an exotic Turkish resort. Club Aegee has luxurious accommodations, unlimited free cocktails and a gorgeous cosmopolitan staff who'll cater to your every need.

Bride-to-be Rachel Buckley wanted one last adventure before tying the knot, and who better to do it with than her two best friends, acid-tongued divorcee Carrie
Published May 1st 2005 by Red Dress Ink (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Seven Sunny Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Sunny Days

1984 by George OrwellSlaughterhouse-Five by Kurt VonnegutA Tale of Two Cities by Charles DickensThe Two Towers by J.R.R. TolkienFahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Books with Numbers in the Title
400th out of 647 books — 77 voters
Slightly Single by Wendy MarkhamScot On The Rocks by Brenda JanowitzSee Jane Date by Melissa SenateMilkrun by Sarah MlynowskiSlightly Settled by Wendy Markham
Best Red Dress Ink Books
89th out of 108 books — 28 voters

More lists with this book...

Agi
Jul 14, 2011 Agi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am so dissapointed. I)'M giving this book 1,5 stars. This half is for the writing itself, it was good, I can't say a bad word about it, it was compact and logical, but that's all. For me there must be a plot, and there wasn't any.
It's the first book since a very long time that I didn't enjoy reading and that I skipped a lot of (even the whole chapters). It was just boring, from the very start. I have read the same bits of the book and didn't realise that I'd read them already.
I didn't like any
Derrian
Aug 06, 2015 Derrian rated it liked it
Read as part of the 2015 Reading Challenge - A book you own but have never read.

This has been sat on my bookshelf for a couple of years and seemed like the perfect holiday read. Lighthearted and funny,great for poolside reading!

Catherine
Jan 08, 2012 Catherine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing
Read on one sunny day when I had a random day off.
Very silly: exactly what I expected. Lots of little stories joined together through the device of having all the characters at the same place at the same time, some barely interacting with each other, others doing so in more complicated ways. Most of it rather obvious and I found it hard to like any of the characters much, certainly the female ones. The absent Euan and the may-as-well-have-been Marcus were more sympathetic but one-dimensional, bu
Brittany
Jan 20, 2012 Brittany rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
At the best I would recommend this for light summer reading. It has moments of giddy romance and a lot of fun, but overall I found the different story lines and drama to be pretty bland. It just didn't seem to wrap up well in the end either.
Roxie
Jun 28, 2012 Roxie rated it it was amazing
pretty good for a first time reader of this author...would read more of this author
Sasmaya Suliztiarto
Jul 05, 2010 Sasmaya Suliztiarto rated it liked it
I like this book...for very personal reason. I'm in need of vacation, and looking for a trip and holiday theme book... In the end it becomes a pretty nice readings.

The main-theme story is about friendship between three different girls, their relationship with each other, and their own problems. One of them is getting married, and being happy almost in every pages of the book. The other is a divorcee who seems hopeless and looking for another guy to be in love with. The last one is a girl who (we
Brittany
Aug 26, 2008 Brittany rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Very few people
Recommended to Brittany by: No one
How I Came To Read This Book: I got it for free with a British magazine.

The Plot: Rachel is celebrating her pending nuptials with a 'hen week' (bachelorette party to you and me) in Turkey I believe, along with her two BFF's. Of course, things aren't exactly smooth sailing while on holidays. Rachel spends most of the trip avoiding confrontation, including with her future mother-in-law. Yaslyn is young and beautiful, and afraid of commitment - but by the end of the trip she learns she may not have
Rebecca
Jun 18, 2011 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
I love it when I find a new author! Manby is so it for me. Every time I see her books in the library, I grab them now. This book is mainly 3 different stories intertwined in each other. They all take place at a resort in Turkey over the span of a week. The first is a group of girls who are on their hen week for one of them. One of the girls in the group has been with her boyfriend for a long time and the third is newly divorced. The second group is a couple who is on the verge of divorce. The wo ...more
Tricia
Jun 11, 2009 Tricia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: plus-1, 2009
I would generally say it isn't a good thing when you read at least a chapter into a book before you realise that you have already read it. However, I guess when it's a chick-lit beach read you have to appreciate more the re-readability of a novel. If I was home with unlimited books I probably would have stopped at that point, but as I was on holiday with only four books (for five days away and averaging at least a book a day...), then I didn't have much choice.

I kept getting glimpses of ideas of
Sally Lovelock
Mar 31, 2016 Sally Lovelock rated it it was ok
Not much good, went straight to the charity shop after reading. Wouldn't recommend.
Aylin Youlin
Jan 28, 2014 Aylin Youlin rated it it was ok
Всеки чиклит заслужава 2 звезди.:)Не повече,но понякога по-малко. Не съм враг на жанра.Това е иделно забавно четиво за плаж или на път.Нещо като дамските списания,но без реклами.
Jeanie
Jul 15, 2014 Jeanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Another fun read from Chris....felt the end was a little abrupt but loved the story
Sally
Feb 24, 2014 Sally rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable, trite, dull even. No part of the book felt credible. Really not my cup of tea.
Jennifer Hazlett
Full of humour and interesting characters, a really fun read!
Jessica
Sep 16, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book and didn't expect the ending.
Catsalive
Mar 25, 2015 Catsalive rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
2.5 - ...more
Raya
Nov 04, 2012 Raya rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
how I got to read it: came free with a magazine
I actually got this in the summer during my summer vacation in Italy. So I read it while lounging by the pool and it fit perfectly! Not a heavy read at all, very light, somewhat witty, exactly what I needed for the sunny days. I wouldn't give it 5 stars though, as it is quite predictable and did not really hook me up, but nevertheless - I would suggest it if you'd like a carefree book, that's not too deep.
Kelli
Mar 23, 2015 Kelli rated it it was ok
Fun, light read. Very predictable. Good read for someone who just finished a long, intense book.
Teena in Toronto
Jul 03, 2012 Teena in Toronto rated it did not like it
What a crappy book! It sounded like a fun read. I didn't care about any of the characters - they were either whiny or pathetic. The things that happened were dumb. Don't waste your money or your time on this one.

Blog review: http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2007/02...
Louisa
Jun 24, 2013 Louisa rated it liked it
I found this book a bit predictable. I guessed the storyline with yaslyn about half way thru. I didn't really warm to any of the characters and thought the ending was a bit disappointing. I expected more from the ending really. It was an ok read, passed a few boring lunch hours at work!
Patricia Solla
Feb 05, 2010 Patricia Solla rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-i-own
I didn't like this book at all. It's about people from England going to Turkey for a club type vacation. The characters are very strange and the storyline while interesting lacks something.
Emma
Apr 14, 2013 Emma rated it liked it
Cute chic-flicky which was what I wanted. Thankfully not too completely predictable; a few nice twists but definitely the kind of book one should take on vacation to the beach with the girls.
M'diya
Jul 11, 2012 M'diya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-loved
I was just compelled to buy this book and now I'm happy to say this was the perfect summer read. Every time I opened it, I felt light.
Gay
Apr 22, 2008 Gay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those that like a good laugh
Recommended to Gay by: My 85 year old Aunt gave it to me
About 3 friends going on a holiday for a Hen Party
in Turkey for a week at a Resort. Sun, sand,sea & sex.
Really funny.
Ashley
May 06, 2009 Ashley rated it liked it
had a good description of love at about the end of the book,but was predictable,okay to read if you have nothing to read.
Shea
Jan 11, 2013 Shea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ihave
Caused me emotional distress. But thats a good thing. A good writer.
Just dont read this when you're planning your wedding
Lucy
Sep 08, 2012 Lucy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another generic holiday type book really, not much more to say really, but it was funny and I liked it :)
Meghan
Jan 16, 2011 Meghan rated it did not like it
This was a horrible book. It was long and poorly written! I wish I never read this book.

Mar 16, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
Your usual chick lit book, with a few red herrings thrown in. Nice easy read!
laninaki
Jun 20, 2011 laninaki rated it it was ok
Shelves: brain-candy, 2011
Impulse grab at the library....reminded me why I outgrew Chicklit circa 2004.
  • Starting from Square Two
  • Lucy's Launderette
  • Sex with the Ex
  • Up All Night
  • MIM Warner's Lost Her Cool
  • The Last Year of Being Single (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Technical Hitch
  • Crossing the Line (Jane Taylor, #2)
  • Speechless
This author has also released books under the name Chrissie Manby.

Encouraged my by English teacher, Mrs. Pocock, I published my first short story in Just Seventeen when I was fourteen years old. The story was called ‘Whatever happened to the wonderful boy I fell in love with’ and I published it under the pseudonym ‘Carolyn Lane’ because it largely consisted of a transcript of an argument I’d had w
More about Chris Manby...