Start by marking “Popped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #7)” as Want to Read:
Popped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #7)

Popped (Regan Reilly Mystery #7)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,484 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
It's up, up and away with sleuth Regan Reilly -- in a lively new caper from beloved "New York Times" bestselling author Carol Higgins Clark.L.A.-based private detective Regan Reilly flies to Las Vegas to help an old school chum, Danny Madley. Danny is producing the pilot of a reality TV show, "Love Above Sea Level." But someone is trying to sabotage Danny's show before he ...more
Audio CD, Abridged
Published September 23rd 2003 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Popped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Popped

Michael
More than anything else, it's the setting of Carol Higgins Clark's new mystery novel, "Popped" that will draw readers into it. The setting is on the set of a possible reality show about hot air ballooning--with the payoff coming at the Alburque Balloon festival. What will keep you turning the pages is the novel fast pace and quirky characters. And what will leave you feeling a bit let down by the story is an ending that just rings a bit hollow, with an odd twist that should have been better fore ...more
Kristen
Jan 02, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the 7th installment of Carol Higgins Clark's popular Regan Reilly PI series, Popped, Regan returned in this cozy caper. In this story, we've found Regan in Las Vegas to help out an old friend who was producing a reality show that would really take to the high skies. In a wedding-cake shaped hot air balloon, three married couples would renew their vows and win money for the prize. But someone threatened her friend to halt production of the show, when "accidents" have occurred on the set. Now i ...more
Ellen Moore
Jan 10, 2016 Ellen Moore rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I didn't like this book quite as much as others I have read in this series. However, it was a lively story with many unforseen events and mishaps occurring that impacted the story. It dealt with two teams participating in a competition in Las Vegas to produce the tv program that would be selected to air on the Balloon Channel. One team had three couples vying for the chance to renew their wedding vows and win one million dollars if they were the couple selected as having fallen back in love. Thi ...more
L Kepferle
May 10, 2013 L Kepferle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
OK, 2nd try for Carol Higgins Clark, and this will be my last. Not much mystery, way too much silliness, horribly shallow characters. She learned how to manage a "formula" from her mother, but Mom's mystery recipe is more delicious by far.
Jean
May 06, 2015 Jean rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this book on Audio. My daughter really enjoyed the story. I really liked that it was an easy story for her to follow. This was not a personal favorite of mine. Their were a few annoyances in the characters that made it difficult for me as a avid reader to listen to. I have enjoyed other books by Carol more then I did of this one.
Jeanne Quigley
Not my favorite in the Regan Reilly series. The mystery wasn't much of a mystery and there were so many characters I had trouble keeping them straight. I do, though, like how Clark sets every book in a different city-this time Las Vegas with a brief visit to Albuquerque-and I always enjoy Regan's sense of humor.
Anne
This was poorly written, laughably plotted (and not in a good way), devoid of characterization, and an utter waste of time. How does the author continue to be published?? Could it be ... nepotism? I have read other books by her that at least held my attention for a short time. I gave this no stars.
Alice
Feb 21, 2014 Alice rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
2 and a half stars
Total complete fluff--like reading a campy episode of Psych--not much to it, but somewhat fun nonetheless. I especially liked the fact that there was no murder in this mystery--a rare occurrence.
Carol Welsch
Hot air balloons=hot mess

Love this author and generally her stories but found too much confusion in this story and hated the ending. Let's hope the next in the series is better.
Sandra
Jun 15, 2015 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was funny, fast-paced and with some surprise endings. This was my first Regan Reilly Series and it won't be my last.
Angel Waggoner
This wasn't a bad book. The large number of characters made it difficult to follow who was who on audio.
Rae
Aug 16, 2014 Rae rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Absolute drivel. Some people have described it as 'fluff'. I wouldn't even call it 'lint'.
Dawn Leitheuser
I love Regan!! Some of the other characters not so much. Lots of twist and turns.
Robert Scott
++ 01/04/2011, I've read this book previously. Probably in 2003 or 2004. ++
The Visual
It's a reality show within a reality show...comedy of errors...
Trish
Mar 10, 2008 Trish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started reading Mary Higgins Clark when I was in high school and lost interest in y middle college years but this Christmas my Mother-in-Law gave me a Carol Higgins Clark book and as you can see I have not stopped reading them. The books are a very easy read (Typically I can read one in an afternoon) and do not require a lot of critical analysis. In another time I would have considered them a guily pleasure but now I am just happy to have a few afternoons to read. This one is where our heroine ...more
Marilyn Thompson
Fun story with the usual twists and turns from the author.
Beth
Mar 03, 2015 Beth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Aggravating how shallow and inept it all is.
Grandma Mush
Kept me going. Light and enjoyable.
Wanda
Mar 15, 2014 Wanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was not one of CHC's better books. It was cute and I liked it okay. Regan Reilly is asked by an old high school friend to help him find out who's sabotaging his attempt to create a reality show in a contest. Lots of quirky characters and several plot twists later the problem is solved.
Donna Bassett
Detective story, I enjoyed
Sonya
Jan 20, 2016 Sonya rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was so lame - an insult.
Meghan
Aug 21, 2012 Meghan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently stumbled upon Carol Higgins Clark's books, when I found "Jinxed" at a book exchange. I really enjoyed it and sought out another one. "Popped" was cute and enjoyable, although a little predictable. I'm not sure that private investigator Regan Reilly really did much to solve the mystery of the story, but when all the characters receive a happy ending, who can complain? I'll be reading more of Clark's books, although I think I'll move back to her first offering, "Decked," and proceed fro ...more
Peggy
Feb 05, 2013 Peggy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical Carol Higgens Clark easy-to-read amusing mystery, this time with a great twist at theend. Regan is helping former classmate, Danny, who is attempting to produce a reality show as part of a contest, but is plagued by mishaps. The show must involve a hot air balloon, so his show attempts to re-kindle three failing marriages, and the most successful couple will win $1 million, the winner announced in a hot air balloon. The competition, a comedy, is also beset with difficulties. Fun ending!
George
Dec 24, 2008 George rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Regan Reilly, Los Angeles private investigator, mystery. Regan travels to Las Vegas to help a former K-8 grade classmate she hasn't seen in years. He is involved in a TV show competition to determine whose show will be shown and various problems have been occurring causing problems with the filming of his show. He seeks Regan's help to help him finish his show.

This is the usual multi story line Clark novel in which a variety of things are going on and everything is wrapped up at the end.
Elizabeth
Feb 05, 2016 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!
Elizabeth Padro
Nov 24, 2014 Elizabeth Padro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always fun....
Barbara
Jun 19, 2014 Barbara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I finished it, but had to work at it.
Denise
Dec 10, 2015 Jamielyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just awful.
2015 Reading Chal...: Popped by Carol Higgins Clark 1 17 Jan 16, 2015 01:37PM
  • The Christmas Thief
  • Do You Promise Not To Tell? (KEY News #2)
  • Cat in a Kiwi Con (Midnight Louie, #12)
Carol Higgins Clark (1956– ) is an American mystery author. She is also the daughter of author Mary Higgins Clark , with whom she has co-authored novels, and the former sister-in-law of author Mary Jane Clark.

Born in New York City, Clark received her B.A. from Mount Holyoke College in 1978 and then studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse. She is the author of the Regan Reilly mystery series.
More about Carol Higgins Clark...

Regan Reilly Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1)
  • Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2)
  • Iced  (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3)
  • Twanged (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #4)
  • Fleeced (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #5)
  • Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)
  • Burned (Regan Reilly Mystery, #8)
  • Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9)
  • Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10)
  • Zapped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #11)