Mi Amado Lord

Mi Amado Lord (Boscastle #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  1,074 ratings  ·  43 reviews

Para alejarla de su afición al escándalo y los bailes, la familia de Chloe ha terminado por recluirla en la aburrida mansión de su tío, Sir Humprey. Atrás quedan las fiestas, las risas y las amistades más peligrosas. Pero ahora se enfrenta a una situación inimaginable, secuestrada en su propia casa por un hombre al que todos creen muerto, un sujeto peligroso, desesperado..

Published November 1st 2006 by Titania (first published 2005)

Ana
I wanted to like this book and while I didn’t dislike it, I did find myself putting it down over and over again. Both the hero and heroine are intriguing but there was something missing though I never could quite put my finger on what it was. Part of the issue was the lackadaisical ending which didn’t leave me convinced that this couple would be together for the next fifty years.

The Love Affair of an English Lord is a cute read but I was hoping for so much more. ~ Cerise, www.ireadromance.com

Janina
I have read almost all of the Boscastle series and while some gripe that there isn't enough character development, I find Hunters books just right. No, there isn't a whole lot of character development or musings on motivation and the like, but sometimes I'm not in the mood for that and so I find Hunter fits the bill when I need something light and fun and sexy.

This book was just enough for what I wanted. Chloe and Dominic never really connected on a mental level, more physically than anything el...more
Courtney
The Boscastle siblings are some of my favorite historical romance characters. They are all so passionate and stubborn, but also funny and lovable. Chloe and Dominic's story was no different. I loved the Stratfield Ghost and the concept of Chloe finding Dominic hiding in her unmentionables! The plot was predictable, but highly enjoyable.
MaggieReadsRom
A scoundrel who's presumed dead hiding in an exiled troublemaker's chest of underwear. A book starting like this can only predict lots of fun and this second installment in Hunter's Boscastle-series turned out to be a true treat in the Regency-genre.

Chloe is brazen, independent and quick-minded. A true Boscastle, nothing less than the male ones...
Her brothers and sister thought they had her neatly tucked away in the country with her aunt and uncle, where she can do no more harm to her already da...more
Abby
I'm entering a another romance-novel bender and Jillian Hunter is providing an excellent addition. The Boscastle family is a humorous bunch of passionate, stubborn people who live just on the edge of polite society where they can get away with their scandalous lives, but close enough in to create delicious social tension.

Chloe and Dominic's story is a whirlwind from the moment they meet: when she discovers him in her trunk of undergarments, bleeding from a stab wound. (Yikes!) While their story...more
BookwormWithGoggles
Disappointed. The book had so much potential. I liked the plot but unfortunately did not feel like I was given the opportunity to get to know the hero/heroine. Very superficial and silly. Too much dialogue which was nonsensical and did not seem appropriate to the situations they found themselves in.
Behavior did not seem right for the historical period and the speech didn't either.
Not for me.
Dawn ♥ romance
The plot was pretty good …Dominic wants to find person who tried to kill him so he fakes his death and ends up hiding in Chloe's lingerie closet. It had some action and funny Aunt Gwen but it had lots of pondering. Eventually I ended up skimming, reading only dialogue.
Melissa
A good mystery, although I didn't like this one quite as much as the first book in the series. A couple of plotholes left over (maybe Hunter is saving those). I do like how the Boscastles introduced in book 1 play a continuing part in Chloe's book.
Amanda
Cute read. True to regency novels. Not a life changer but enjoyable
Mara
I liked the previous book in the series. It wasn't mind-blowing awesomeness, but it was a nice historical romance, with some humor thrown in. This one, however, was just boring and easily put down.

The heroine, Chloe, is a spirited young woman, looking for adventure and entertainment in some wrong places. The hero, what's-his-name, was... good-looking? Also, people were trying to kill him, even though he faked his own death because somebody tried to kill him. Don't ask. I was not impressed with t...more
Stephanie Burkhart
Hunter weaves an entertaining tale of romance and suspense with “The Love Affair of an English Lord.” Chloe Boscastle, the headstrong younger sister of Grayson Boscastle, the Marquess of Sedgecroft, has been banished to the country for her compromising behavior. Chloe has barely settled in when she meets Dominic Breckland, Viscount Stratfield. The only problem to their blossoming romance is that the town thinks Dominic is a ghost!

Hunter’s novel engages the reader from the first page with an int...more
Lady Rogue
Jessi
Chloe Bocastle may be a member of an infamous family, but her brothers seem to think that because she is female, she should be held to a higher standard. Plus, she needs to get away from town after being seen kissing a man to whom she is not married.
But, just because she is in the country, it doesn't mean she's going to be proper. Instead, she's too busy falling in love with a man most people believe to be a ghost.
Someone tried to kill Dominic Breckland so he decided to play dead. Only he's bee...more
Daneesha
I really liked this book. Even though it was a light read, I would have liked more mystery. I think there was potential for it to be more suspenseful. I didn't feel the sweeping danger that I might have felt in other books. I mean, Dominic, the hero was brutally stabbed. Yet, when we open the story, it's done and we don't get to be a part of it.

I also would have liked a few POV changes to the villain, to see what he was up to. When we get into the story, we learn the villain has been accused an...more
Roberta
I should have liked this book more than I did. The hero and his best friend are both everything you might want in a romantic hero; brave, handsome and intriguing. But I'm not sure that it was ever made entirely clear why the hero needed to hatch an elaborate plot to ambush the villain rather than simply turning him in to the sheriff; even a little post-traumatic amnesia might have been nice. The heroine-helps-hero-recover-from-suppurating-wound has been done better in other books. The heroine is...more
Laine
who wouldn't fall in love with a man who is hiding inside your closet, i did. i loved how chloe unexpectedly saw dominic inside her closet. for one she is being punished and sent to her uncle's care for what transpired in london only to find herself in another situation against the ton, hiding a man inside her closet. liked how the story goes and that their budding romance simply flourished. chloe maybe conservative, but when she is with her man she is bold. amazing work from jillian hunter and...more
Choko
I love her stile of writing:)
Kit
It's been fun to get to know the Boscastles. This 2nd book is focused on the youngest sister Chloe. Chloe is exasperating her family with her bent to defy proper behavior and is sent to the country to let her scandal die when Dominic Breckland, Viscount Statfield 'drops' in on her, literally....
A fast plot, endearing characters and love scenes taken up a notch make for an enjoyable read. JH is reminiscent of a Mary Balogh "Lite".
Meaghan
pretty good. i liked the various sub plots
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Boscastle series by Jillian Hunter. This book turned into a fun and delightful romp. Lots of witty banter and moved nicely at a quick pace. It didn't lag too much and kept my attention. I don't think there was anything that would make me want to keep it on the keeper shelf but it was still a good read and I think anyone who enjoys heart-hearted Historical Romances would like this.
Annette Drake
A frivolous tale. Entertaining. Makes for nice light reading.
Amanda
I really like this book! I liked even more than the first book in the series. I adore Chloe and I enjoyed the love story. I do wish that Chloe's depression had been addressed a little more. It was acknowledged but not really dealt with. Other than that an excellent, fast paced read, and a happy ending. :)

Rachel Rogers
Chloe's story. Nice to see Jane stepping up again as the voice of reason when needed. Again, I enjoy this series even though it is very similar to Balogh's series. Nice combination of romance, intrigue, and suspense. For some odd reason it also reminded me early on of _Sorcery and Cecelia_.
This book took a long time to finish! Not a good sign. The hero was a "ghost" looking for the person who tried to kill him. Heroine discovered the hero in her room hiding and she made decision to help him remain undiscovered. Cute dog but not a real interesting read.
Kimberly
This book is in my top ten historical romance's. I've read it 3 times over the years and i never tire of it. The wit, passion and romance in this book is wonderful. I love the Boscastle family and chloe is one of my favourite heroins. YOU WILL LOVE THIS BOOK.
Heathy
This was a cute book & I thought the plot was really unique and interesting. Not only was it a romance, but the characters had a mystery to solve, so I enjoyed the subplot. It kept my attention from start to finish, which is the most important thing.
Michelle Connolly
It goes really well up until about one third of the book. It even made me laugh a few times. Then it just goes downhill from there. The dialogues become cheesy and you just loose interest. By the end I just wanted it to be over.
Kim
Liked this, especially Chloe's character and the way she is wanting to experiment with life in a way a woman of her class isn't supposed to, and DOminic encourages her along that path.

Judy
I really liked this. The plot was unconventional and the humor was well done. Glad I went back to re-read this one, since I didn't remember much about it and I really enjoyed it.
Danette Steward
My second book by Jillian Hunter. Book #2 in the Boscastle Series. Loved the story, the steam, the humor, and the plot. Fast paced book. Fun read. Can't wait to read the rest of the series!
  • To Bed a Beauty (Courtship Wars #2)
  • Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring, #2)
  • The Wedding Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #3)
  • The Rogue (Liar's Club, #5)
  • Love Letters From a Duke (Bachelor Chronicles, #3)
  • A Perfect Hero (Sterling trilogy, #3)
  • One Night of Sin (Knight Miscellany, #6)
  • Married to the Viscount (Swanlea Spinsters, #5)
  • The Naked Marquis (Naked Nobility, #3)
  • Meet Me at Midnight (With This Ring, #2)
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • The Sinner (Seducers #4)
  • The Wedding Challenge (The Matchmakers #3)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
Jillian Hunter is the bestselling author of over twenty historical romances. She lives with her husband, three daughters, a pug and a poodle in Southern California. She loves anyone who can make her laugh, which means she is in love with Mike Myers and Tyler Perry.
More about Jillian Hunter...
The Seduction of an English Scoundrel (Boscastle, #1) The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4) The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3) The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5) A Duke's Temptation (The Bridal Pleasures #1)

“The late Dominic Breckland, Viscount Stratfield, was returning to life in a sea of woman's underwear.” 5 likes
“The late Dominic Breckland, Voscount Stratfield, was returning to life in a sea of woman's underwear.” 0 likes