Friends of the Heart / Amici del Cuore

Friends of the Heart / Amici del Cuore

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A friendship transcends distance and time

Ollie is a great whistler, while Lucrezia can’t whistle at all. Ollie has traveled the world, but Lucrezia is afraid of the dark and hates goodbyes. Yet, despite their differences, Ollie and Lucrezia have been best friends forever. When Ollie is eight, he moves from Rome to Milan, and Lucrezia feels as though her world has ended. Bu...more
Published October 7th 2005 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR) (first published 2005)

Fitchburg Public Library
A coming-of-age story placed in modern day Italy. I really enjoyed this book, in fact I had a hard time putting it down because I was enjoying the story and the setting so much. The ending shocked me and seemed jarring considering the tone of the rest of the book, but realistic once I thought about it in context of modern life in Europe. - Reviewed by Jennie V.
Jennie Vosen
10-11 Karrin
This was such a sweet story about friendship. It really broke my heart not but 9 pages before the book ended. I recommend this to anyone. I felt like I knew the characters! A real tear-jerker.
Mr. Steve
Rather boring story with a crazy, out-of-nowhere tragedy that manages to continue the boredom. For a select audience: insomniacs. But that's just one man's opinion.
Silvia
Silvia added it
Jul 27, 2013
Melanie Dolton
Melanie Dolton marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2013
Chasity
Chasity marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2012
Jen
Jen added it
May 28, 2012
Cora
Cora added it
Sep 12, 2011
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2010
Laura marked it as to-read
May 04, 2008
Kate Banks has written many books for children, among them Max’s Words, And If the Moon Could Talk, winner of the Boston Globe–Horn Book Award, and The Night Worker, winner of the Charlotte Zolotow Award. She grew up in Maine, where she and her two sisters and brother spent a lot of time outdoors, and where Banks developed an early love of reading. “I especially liked picture books,” she says, “an...more
More about Kate Banks...
Max's Words The Bear in the Book Max's Castle Max's Dragon The Cat Who Walked Across France