Start by marking “Princess Alyss of Wonderland” as Want to Read:
Princess Alyss of Wonderland

Princess Alyss of Wonderland (The Looking Glass Wars)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  427 ratings  ·  40 reviews
For curious eyes only!

You hold in your hands a scrapbook filled with the collected letters, journal writings and vibrant art of a lost princess. Her name was Alyss Heart and you may know her or think you know her from that silly book of nonsense Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. In fact, Lewis Carroll got her story all wrong. Now, for the first time, and through the help o
Published November 1st 2007 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about Princess Alyss of Wonderland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess Alyss of Wonderland

The Looking Glass Wars by Frank BeddorSplintered by A.G. HowardAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollSeeing Redd by Frank BeddorThrough the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll
Curiouser and Curiouser
25th out of 104 books — 155 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerExplosion in Paris by Linda Masemore PirrungHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Favorites
498th out of 544 books — 236 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie
This is a companion book to the Looking Glass Wars series by Frank Beddor. I love those books so I thought I'd at least take a peek at this volume. It's a scrapbook by Princess Alyss Heart chronicling her time in England (before she returned to Wonderland). It includes lots of removable letters, etc., and is mildly entertaining but not as fun as the actual books.
David Edmonds
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

I fell in love with Frank Beddor's Alyss Heart in THE LOOKING GLASS WARS. If you're a fan of the story, then you'll be impressed with this scrapbook, which includes beautiful illustrations, fun little cards, pull-out flaps, and more.

Don't come into PRINCESS ALYSS OF WONDERLAND looking for a lot more information on the story, though. This is a companion of sorts to Frank Beddor's story of Alyss, Hatter Madigan, Dodge Anders, The Cat, the city of Wonderland, and
Mrs. O' Leary
Great book idea but poorly executed. The characters were shallow and I found Redd to be a very shallow and somewhat cheesy antagonist. She had cliche motives and bored me... The plot was slow. Overall, it was okay.
Keely Hyslop
Jul 25, 2008 Keely Hyslop rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Looking Glass War fans
Shelves: fantasy
Simply delightful and almost too pretty to read this book would make a great gift. Kind of like a pop-up book for adults this book is filled to the brim with beautiful illustrations, fold-out maps and documents, and removable letters. Written as additional material to support The Looking Glass Wars novel, this book is Alyss' journal during her time in London. It documents her sufferings in the prison for children (orphanage), her frustration at the unimaginativeness of her adopted family, the he ...more
Toni
Dec 24, 2008 Toni rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of the series, alice in wonderland fans
I enjoy this "scrapbook" more than the actual series. It was a very special birthday present, and it is filled with lovely little things. My very favorite part is the deck of cards in the back. Though I find the plot in the books lacking, the art is top notch. This makes a wonderful companion to the books, looks great on a coffee table, and is very entertaining. Really captures the spirit of the books, and combines aspects from Carroll's original. Great fun.
Drucilla
Jun 03, 2011 Drucilla rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: b
If you've read The Looking Glass Wars trilogy before this book, it may seem repetitive. However, the book is interactive and has some very gorgeous artwork. This is a great introduction to The Looking Glass Wars trilogy for younger girls the same way that the Hatter M graphic novels are a great introduction for younger boys. Although both are targeted towards a specific gender, I enjoyed both of these spin-offs.
Miss Clark
Enjoyable, fun activity and interactive book for children, especially the letters and the card deck, but the writing could be very difficult to decipher at times, especially for younger readers.

(For those interested in it as a companion to Beddor's series, it does not contain any new information.)
Bridget
It's pretty, and has some nifty illustrations, but I don't think I would have found it remotely interesting if I hadn't read The Looking Glass Wars.
Erica Poole
Ok, this really isn't a 'reading' book. And by that I mean, it has stuff to read, but it is almost more of a scrapbook that goes along with the Looking Glass Wars Trilogy by Frank Beddor. Very wonderful illustration. Very creative. Only a fan of the series would really enjoy it though!
Rosa
This books is a Alyss Heart's scrapbook from her early days spent in London. It is extremely adorable but does require some knowledge of the series by Frank Beddor. I love the little letters that are included. I do wish it went a little further into Alyss' life.
Kristine
This little "scrapbooky" book was kind of fun, but I really think I would have enjoyed it more if I were about 12 years old. On the other hand, the books it was based on (The Looking Glass Wars and Seeing Redd) hadn't been written when I was twelve, so there you go.
Andrea
I love these books with all of the interactive items tucked in them. It really helps them actually_feel_like_a_journal. Cute notes, fun sketches. Great presentation, but nothing new for the series. I was hoping for something to hint at the next book...oh well.
Katie Morrow
A very colorful and interesting companion novel to the Looking Glass Wars series. Beautiful art work and an interesting narration from a young Princess Alyss Heart make it a great addition to the story as a whole.
Amanda
Pointless. I happened upon this at Half Price Books and it's really not worth the time to sit down on the floor at Half Price and read it. It's kind of cool, ties in with the series, but really more for small children.
Really quite beautiful artwork. Mainly this was an overview of the first part of the first book. Will definitely keep it for my permanent collection, though. I can't let such a beautiful book part my company.
Library Linsey
I'd view this as an excellent companion to the Looking Glass Wars book by Beddor even if this is categorized as a children's title. Excellent graphics, tells the story of Alyss and is interactive.
Sara
Good book, interesting addition to the Looking Glass War Series... if you enjoyed the series you'll enjoy this little addition. Better than the Mad Hatter graphic novel, if ya ask me.
June
Alice had a scrapbook?? Who knew! As whimsical as a nod to the "real" Alice has every right to be. Spoonfuls of frivolity help the facts go down delightfully. Truly a treasure.
Kathy
This book doesn't offer any new insight to the The Looking Glass Wars trilogy, but is filled with beautiful art, letters, and a tarty tart recipe.
Crystal
This makes a wonderful companion to the books, and is very entertaining. I thought it really captures the spirit of the books.
Hayley
Absolutely the most beautiful book o have read in a while! With pull out letters and lush illustrations it's a must read!!
Vera
Really charming book. I haven't read the series, but I enjoyed the illustrations of the "scrapbook." It was quite inspiring. :-)
hannah

This is the review I did on this book for KidsReads.com
John Johansen
Cute book. Lots of interesting stuff. Interesting take on the story. Easy read. Kinda like a scrapbook.
Shiyiya
It was very visually interesting, but kind of inaccurate to the trilogy proper, which bugged me.
Ginny
Dec 01, 2009 Ginny rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
Cute, love the pictures and the letters. But the story itself was kind of dull.
Hillary
I liked this book. It's kind of like a personal scrapbook/diary. Very cute.
Kristen McKay
aww read the first Looking Glass Wars & then this. You will really like it :)
Wendy Robinson
Loved the concept and it inspired me and made me want to journal- beautiful
  • The Other Alice: The Story of Alice Liddell and Alice in Wonderland
  • Jabberwocky
  • Gears of Wonderland
  • Tales From Wonderland, Volume 1
  • Wonderland
  • Fantastic Alice
  • All Things Alice: The Wit, Wisdom,and Wonderland of Lewis Carroll
  • The Mystery of Lewis Carroll: Discovering the Whimsical, Thoughtful, and Sometimes Lonely Man Who Created "Alice in Wonderland"
  • Pure Dead Brilliant (Pure Dead #3)
  • Alice in Sunderland
  • Alice's Adventures Under Ground
  • The Art of Alice: Madness Returns
  • White: The Great Pursuit (The Circle: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Twelve Impossible Things Before Breakfast
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2
  • Lewis Carroll in Numberland: His Fantastical Mathematical Logical Life
In addition to being an author with a penchant for retelling Alice in Wonderland, he is also a champion freestyle skier, a film producer, stuntman, actor, and CEO of Automatic Pictures Production Co.
More about Frank Beddor...
The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars, #1) Seeing Redd (The Looking Glass Wars, #2) ArchEnemy (The Looking Glass Wars, #3) Hatter M, Vol. 1: The Looking Glass Wars Hatter M: Volume Two - Mad With Wonder