Start by marking “Hearts Divided: 5-B Poppy Lane\The Apple Orchard\Liberty Hall (Cedar Cove, #5.5)” as Want to Read:

Hearts Divided: 5-B Poppy Lane\The Apple Orchard\Liberty Hall (Cedar Cove #5.5)

Three acclaimed authors team up for this collection of three new contemporary romances about past and present love.
Published February 1st 2006 by Mira Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Hearts Divided, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts Divided

Marianne
Aug 17, 2011 Marianne rated it really liked it
Hearts Divided consists of three short stories along the same theme: grandmothers who were soldier brides; granddaughters involved with soldiers. The grandmothers are friends from long ago, and the stories weave into one another.

5B Poppy Lane by Debbie Macomber is a Cedar Cove short story that occurs between 50 Harbor Street and 6 Rainier Drive, although it is not necessary to have read the Cedar Cove books to enjoy this romance. Ruth Shelton is studying in Seattle and has been corresponding wit
Andrea
Oct 19, 2010 Andrea rated it it was ok
I thought being a military wife myself I would enjoy this book ....I was wrong. It had interesting parts but the overall effect left me bored.
Victoria
Mar 23, 2017 Victoria rated it did not like it
Absolutely impossible to finish.
Rachael
Apr 13, 2013 Rachael rated it it was amazing
*originally posted at http://rachaelc94.blogspot.com/2013/0...*

I can't say that I think 5-B Poppy Lane really belonged in the cedar cove series. Charlotte Jefferson Rhodes was the only character of the Cedar Cove series mentioned in this short novella. Places of Cedar Cove were mentioned and I enjoyed the characters Debbie Macomber created for this novella.

Ruth was the main character and she has been sending letters back and forth with a marine named Paul although she doesn't believe in the war.
Jan Mcleod
Mar 06, 2014 Jan Mcleod rated it liked it
This book contains 3 stories by 3 different authors who are friends. All 3 stories are loosely connected because they deal with war brides.
"Liberty Hall" has an interesting twist. Winifred is an expert at breaking wartime codes which comes in very handy when John and Chloe are being stalked by a father who wants revenge for his Marine son's death. Very interesting and a bit of a mystery, too.

"The Apple Orchard"
Clara lost her soldier husband after many years of marriage, but Nick has returned to
Kathryn
I very much enjoyed the two of the stories: 5B Poppy Lane by Debbie Macomber and Liberty Hall by Lois Faye Dyer, but I didn't really care for The Apple Orchard by Katherine Stone. This story just did not seem to flow and I really could not get into the story like the other two. The three stories were loosely connected and written by three authors who were friends with each other. I was going to read only the Macomber story at first, but since they were somewhat connected, I decided to read all t ...more
Diana
Feb 01, 2014 Diana rated it liked it
"Hearts Divided" was written by 3 females authors who are friends. It is an intersting concept. The basic story line is that there are 3 women who have been friends for a long time. They each were married to a man who was in WWII and they are now dead. They each have a grand-daughter who becomes involved with a man who is either in the service or has been. Each of the authors writes a very short novel about one of the women and her granddaugher.
It is a quick and easy but enjoyable read.
Nancy
Jun 07, 2012 Nancy rated it it was amazing
This was truely an amazing story. I could'nt put it down because I could'nt wait to see what happend next. I really liked the characters and was glad that they each had a happy ending. I was'nt sure I would like this book because I had never heard of these other two authors, but now that I've read this book I plan on trying to check out their books to. If you truely want an amazing book to read then this book is for you.
Marsha Douglas
May 27, 2016 Marsha Douglas rated it it was amazing
I read this book as part of Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove series. You can probably skip this and not miss a beat in the series, but it is an enjoyable read. Three grandmothers, all WW2 brides and dear friends since the war, each have a granddaughter who finds love with a GI. The three stories that comprise this book come together with the grandmothers' correspondence to each other. The granddaughters' stories are all unique, as are the stories of the grandmother's lives.
Judy
Aug 10, 2013 Judy rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This was an enjoyable collection of three novellas by three different authors and all related to Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove series. Macomber's 5-B Poppy Lane fits between 50 Harbor Street and 6 Rainier Drive. The three grandmothers in these stories were all WWII brides and now they are connecting with their granddaughters who are meeting the loves of their lives. The stories are touching and heartwarming.
Angelie
3 great stories about love found in time of war. 3 great grandmothers who found friendship and love in it and who deeply loved their husbands. 3 lucky granddaughters who found love with the help of their grandmothers' past. 3 amazing man in love. 3 different flavor of stories. 3 wonderful writers. thus, a hundred applause for this book! :) ♥
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
I actually quite liked this story (5B Poppy Lane). It's about a young couple falling in love, Helen's granddaughter Ruth and a marine. It's also about Helen finally telling her own story, about her young love in France during WWII and her part in the french resistance. It's only 113 pages long so it goes rather quickly.
JoAnn
Mar 31, 2011 JoAnn rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Three interesting stories about three woman who fall in love with men who are soldiers or former soldiers with glimpses of their grandmothers' WWII romances.
The stories were very interesting, but far too short. I would have enjoyed reading more about the characters, granddaughters and grandmothers alike.
Jane(Janelba)
Apr 09, 2011 Jane(Janelba) rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved all three stories in this anthology.
My favourite author of the moment is Debbie Macomber but it was good to encounter the writings of Katherine Stone & Lois Faye Dyer, both of whom are authors I will seek out again.
Debra
Oct 02, 2012 Debra rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, romance
I just read the Macomber story as it is in the Cedar Cove Series. It was a good short story that was an aside from the cast of characters that inhabit the series. I was impressed by the completeness of the story. Many authors cannot fit themselves into this format and carry it off.
JazzRizz
Mar 10, 2011 JazzRizz rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
5-B Poppy Lane is such a sweet story. I'm glad I took the time to read this one.

I really enjoyed the other two stories in this anthology. I love how the grandmothers tied the stories together.
Erin
Jan 12, 2008 Erin rated it really liked it
Recommended to Erin by: Tara
3 Quick stories---very easy read.
Kim Hampton
Mar 19, 2014 Kim Hampton rated it really liked it
Three stories from three different authors in this book, all military related. I loved the one by Katherine Stone the best. Will have to check out more of her books.
Sindee
Sep 01, 2014 Sindee rated it really liked it
Loved the history and how the 3 stories intertwined.
Margaret Drake
Very engaging, the three different stories
Lynne Tull
Aug 03, 2011 Lynne Tull rated it it was ok
Shelves: general-fiction
Let's just say that after reading this book I decided that Debbie Macomber books were not on my "must read" list.
Jun 30, 2012 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, war, 2012
These were all too short for my taste as far as the A plots went, but I enjoyed the grandmothers and their B plot war stories.
Alice
Sep 03, 2012 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting concept. 3 stories, 3 different authors with stories that have interrelated characters.
Terrye
Sep 14, 2012 Terrye added it
I have read quite a few of her books she is really my favorite writer
Alisa
Nov 15, 2010 Alisa rated it liked it
these were slightly out of order in the book, but it was pretty good.
Michele
Aug 16, 2014 Michele rated it it was amazing
Sweet stories by fave authors; easy summer patio reading.
Elizabeth
Aug 18, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
A pleasant, easy read. I wish the last story by Ms. Stone had been more in depth.
Guylene Milner
Jun 08, 2012 Guylene Milner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
& 2 other stories
J. Giggles
Aug 08, 2012 J. Giggles rated it really liked it
I really like this little collection of connected stories! They are quick reads (each being about 80 pages) and the characters are enjoyable ;) I would revisit any of them!
Jo
Sep 02, 2007 Jo rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: romance, wa-state
This book was 3 stories that are interlocked that all had a military twist in the romance.
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Burning Bright
  • The Prisoner (Orphan, #1)
  • Homeplace
  • My Scottish Summer
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • The Mercenary's Bride
  • Amazing Gracie
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • All I Want For Christmas...: Christmas Kisses / Baring It All / A Hot December Night
  • Listen to Your Heart
  • Mine Eyes Have Seen
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Laurel (Seven Brides, #4)
  • Summer in a Small Town: Welcome to Icicle Falls/Treasure Beach (Life in Icicle Falls, #0.5)
  • Behind Boardroom Doors (Dynasties: The Kincaids #3)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Cedar Cove (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)
  • 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2)
  • 311 Pelican Court (Cedar Cove, #3)
  • 44 Cranberry Point (Cedar Cove, #4)
  • 50 Harbor Street (Cedar Cove, #5)
  • 6 Rainier Drive (Cedar Cove, #6)
  • 74 Seaside Avenue (Cedar Cove, #7)
  • 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8)
  • 92 Pacific Boulevard (Cedar Cove, #9)
  • 1022 Evergreen Place (Cedar Cove, #10)