Start by marking “The Media We Deserve: Underachievement In The Fourth Estate” as Want to Read:
The Media We Deserve: Underachievement In The Fourth Estate

The Media We Deserve: Underachievement In The Fourth Estate

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Published by Melbourne University

To ask other readers questions about The Media We Deserve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Media We Deserve

Mary Baldwin
This book isn't what I would call an enjoyable read, but it's a thorough analysis of the media in Australia with detailed descriptions of historical, political, digital and international influences. Salter presents a 'Then' , 'Now' and 'Future' case for radio, TV and print media and supplements his own (very knowledgable) opinions with example and facts.

Everything you could need to be aware of is covered, but if you're seeking a specific topic pr piece of information it would be tricky to work o
Tone Abet
This book is a necessary read for anyone interested in the Australian media or is fed up with the lacklustre content provided by our commercial stations, and quite frankly, the dubious ethical standards that they adhere to. After reading this, I am always skeptical of every news report I come across seeing that everything that is reported can be so easily distorted by journalists.

It is an insightful read and for those of you who are ABC enthusiasts, there is a bit of ABC history in there for you
Sally
Book is very soothing if you work in media or media related industry and want to put head through wall.
Katherine Hough
Katherine Hough marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Victoria Muller
Victoria Muller marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
David Telefoni
David Telefoni marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Keiran
Keiran added it
Oct 02, 2013
Seam 2.X Web Development Holy and Noble Beasts: Encounters with Animals in Medieval Literature All Piss and Wind NetBeans IDE 8 Cookbook Seam 2 Web Development: Lite