Start by marking “North World Book 2: The Epic of Conrad (Part 2)” as Want to Read:
North World Book 2: The Epic of Conrad (Part 2)

North World Book 2: The Epic of Conrad (Part 2)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Conrad's given up his life of action and adventure and become an accountant - and in the middle of a quest no, less But can our intrepid hero truly leave his days of swords and battle behind him or will he finish the job the guild sent him to his hometown to complete? It's a clash of family loyalty and heroic destiny for the star of this first North World story
Published February 1st 2009 by Oni Press (first published December 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about North World Book 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about North World Book 2

Kari Ramirez
There were two major problems with this book for me. The first was I shouldn't have waited so long to read this second part because I seemed to have forgotten some key parts. I found myself lost at times, forgetting who was who or what the back story was concerning a certain characters. The second was three of the characters, Conrad included, were so similar looking that most of the time I didn't know who was in the frame with him right away. That always kind of bugs me and bums me out when read ...more
Benjamin
Continuing the previous volume, where domesticity and adventure are placed in contrast and conflict within one adventure who's returned home to stop a demon from being summoned. More scattered than the first volume, the story pulls in various disparate elements to tie up the various slow-burning plots, some with very effective twists and some seeming more out of left field. The action climax lacks a little flow and suspense, and the attempt at providing a last character moment for the antagonist ...more
Korynn
Volume two picks up a little further down the road. Conrad has turned his back on swords and embraced his family but he is really doing the right thing? A friend of his from the guild shows up to force him to question his decisions but some mysterious magic confuses them both. Interesting twists and a suitably epic ending.
Adam
While the storyline here didn't end quite as strongly as I would have liked, I'm hoked and looking forward to the next volume. I love Lars Brown's combination of simplicity and detail in his art work, and as a writer his strengths are in creating vivid characters and wonderfully strange plot scenarios.
Erik Swedlund
If anything, the writing and art is even more patchy than the first book. It feels like a rush job. Still, by wrapping up the story, there were some satisfying narrative moments.
Steve
The conclusion of the Epic of Conrad had some genuinely interesting twists. It was fun and light-hearted but had its share of action too. I'd recommend it.
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Alex
Alex added it
Feb 06, 2014
Desmond
Desmond marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Matt
Matt added it
Dec 28, 2012
Austin Storm
Austin Storm marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2012
Leigh
Leigh added it
Apr 11, 2012
Zach
Zach added it
Feb 18, 2012
Born in California in 1983 I now make my home in Spokane, WA, a city that most artists run away from.

I work in an office, draw comics, and would like to write and draw more.

North-World is my Plain clothes fantasy webcomic. It is published by Oni Press. I have been self-publishing my own work for several years and have recently seen several short stories published in anthologies.

I have lately been
More about Lars Brown...
North World Book 1: The Epic of Conrad (Part 1) North World Book 3: Other Sagas Penultimate Quest 2 Penultimate Quest 1 You Ain't No Dancer Volume 3