Start by marking “Castles in the Sand (The Beach House #2)” as Want to Read:
Castles in the Sand (The Beach House #2)

Castles in the Sand (The Beach House #2)

In Castles in the Sand, the follow up to the first book in The Beach House series, author Sally John explores themes of forgiveness and redemption. When Susan and Drake Starr discover that their 20-year-old daughter Kenzie is pregnant, their lives are turned upside down. The news sends Drake, a pastor of a huge San Diego church, reeling-and he sends Kenzie packing. Susan f ...more
Published July 1st 2006 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Castles in the Sand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Castles in the Sand

Lyndi
Apr 05, 2012 Lyndi rated it liked it
I found this to be a little better than the first, as some of the characters were unrelatable, some I could understand. Susan started out as boring, flat and as bland as vanilla. She ended up ok in my book. Kenzie was at times what one would expect out of a teenager, moody and distant. Pepper and Natalie were my favorites. I didn't remember the whole story of Faith and who really owns the beach house, so I guess that was the only thing I wish that either could have been retold or my brain to rem ...more
Ricki-leigh Nadon
May 31, 2016 Ricki-leigh Nadon rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book merely based on the sale price on the front and judging the book my its cover. I didn't really know what it was about, but I am very happy I picked up the book. Had I known the book was so largely based around religion I might have hesitated. However, I am happy that I did not. This book has affected me in ways I never thought possible. I was taken along a journey with the families in this book that has made me reconsider some choices I have made in life and will likely aff ...more
Jun 27, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
I thought since this was the second in a series we'd have the same women come back, but we didn't. It was a whole new group and dealt with a pastor and his family and an unplanned teenage pregnancy. I was drawn into the book and the characters and encouraged by how they sought the Lord through it all, well, once they got past their own pride and forgave eachother. I did feel like the book dragged on and the same could have been accomplished in about 80 less pages.

The book spoke a lot about the i
Sheri
Mar 20, 2012 Sheri rated it liked it
Second in the series of people who meet at the same beach house. I thought it would be the same women as the first book, but no, just the same beach house.
This is the story of a Christian young woman who gets pregnant and her pastor father throws her out of the house. The wife goes along with it because she's a "good" submissive Christian wife. It was good and I was anxious to keep reading to see wqhere the story would go. Certainly reminded me alot of my own father who no doubt would have don
Candice
Sep 14, 2011 Candice rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up
I seriously get tired of writers thinking all women are the same.... Shallow. There are those of us out there who enjoy a bit of depth to our read. This book lacked so much. I abandoned the book altogether and I am Not proud of that. I usually finish the book hoping that with each page turn it gets better. Well. I lost hope with this one. Moving on...
April Suter
Jul 20, 2012 April Suter rated it it was amazing
Susan runs away to the cute beach house to find her faith and voice, define her marriage with the paster and repair her relationship with her pregnant daughter. The Martha Mavenss show up to Pray with a capital P--they are her friends and are prayer warriors! She joins the group with her daughter's boyfriend's mom. A great book of prayer and forgiveness and romance.

334 pages
Oct 26, 2010 Laura rated it did not like it
Even God would admit that not all books about Him should be considered literature....

The characters are flat, the dialogue is contrived and cutesy, so annoying. I only read it because I downloaded by mistake and passed the point of no return on my Kindle.
Erin
Jan 01, 2008 Erin rated it it was ok
I was disappointed to find the sequel to "The Beach House" did not revolve around the same characters. I did not enjoy it as much, but could less relate to the characters and that probably had a lot to do with it.
Jenny
Jul 14, 2015 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!

I so enjoyed this book! The characters are so real. I had a hard time putting the book down, and couldn't wait to pic it up again. Hope there is a book 3!
Diane
Sep 11, 2008 Diane rated it liked it
Several women with problems move towards solutions and healing at a Beach House. Standard for the genre, but sufficiently diverting.
Martha
Sep 02, 2012 Martha rated it it was amazing
Liked this book very much. Rich characters and John captures the perfect emotions for each situation.
Sheryl
Oct 18, 2007 Sheryl rated it liked it
This is about restoring the relationship between a pastor, his wife, and his pregnant, unwed, teenage daughter. I found myself rooting for them to work it all out.
Diana
Sep 05, 2009 Diana rated it it was ok
I didn't finish the book it was to typical, of the Christian people throwing their daughter out for being pregnant and not married..I just couldn't hack it...
April
Nov 27, 2014 April rated it liked it
I liked it. I'm not much for christian reading, but there wasn't enough in it to bother me. I'm glad how everything turned out at the end.
Judy Tremblett
Judy Tremblett rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Sandy Tremblay
Sandy Tremblay rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2014
JAN dOWD
JAN dOWD rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2015
Valerie Van Moorsel
Valerie Van Moorsel rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2012
Alisha
Alisha rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2013
Toby
Toby rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2014
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2013
Y
Y rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Jennifer Bolten
Jennifer Bolten rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2010
Phyllis Swain
Phyllis Swain rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2010
Diane Lucas
Diane Lucas rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • Never Look Back (Phantom Hollow Series #2)
  • Tying the Knot (Deep Haven, #2)
  • Second Time Around
  • The House on Oyster Creek
  • 'Round The Corner (Sister Circle #2)
  • Finding Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #2)
  • Sunset Bridge (Happiness Key Series, #3)
  • Through Thick & Thin (London Confidential, #2)
  • Finding Marie (Frasier Island Series #2)
  • The Potluck Club Troubles Brewing (The Potluck Club #2)
  • Worth (Gray Zone, #2)
  • To Keep and to Love (Keeping You, #2)
  • The Warriors (Abby Sherman #2)
  • Cowgirl at Heart (The McCord Sisters, #2)
  • Talons of the Condor (Condor, #2)
  • Valley of the Shadow
  • Windless Summer
Sally John is the best-selling author of twenty novels, including the Side Roads series, the Safe Harbor series (coauthored with Gary Smalley), The Other Way Home series, The Beach House series, and In a Heartbeat series. A three-time finalist for the Christy Award, Sally writes contemporary stories that offer hope to readers in their own relational and faith journeys. She enjoys teaching writing ...more
More about Sally John...

The Beach House (4 books)
  • The Beach House (The Beach House #1)
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • Sunset Beach (The Beach House #4)