Start by marking “How Children Develop” as Want to Read:
How Children Develop

How Children Develop

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In its first edition, this highly anticipated textbook for the topically-organized child development course provided a fresh, non-encyclopedic approach, offering the latest, straight-from-the-research understanding of child development without overwhelming the student with inessential detail.

The new edition brings those hallmark features forward, again providing a thorough
Published December 16th 2005 by Worth Publishers (first published December 2nd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about How Children Develop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Children Develop

Jade
How Children Develop is a tome of a textbook, with an incredibly appealing and structured design, making it both readable and easy to look things up in. It’s an extensive, interesting and comprehensive book about developmental psychology, and manages to cover all relevant topics in the field adequately.

This is book is, unlike some others on the subject, not structured chronologically, i.e. beginning at a child’s conception and growth, and ending as soon as it becomes an adult, but instead topica
Josie
As textbooks go, this one is engaging and I appreciated how it was set out with coloured subheadings and pictures to break up the text. It covers the field of developmental psychology fairly comprehensively, and the second edition includes a chapter on gender that wasn't part of my course, but I read it anyway (which I think is proof of how good a textbook is!). I only wish I'd had more than two weeks to read it in, because some of it was really interesting and I'd have liked to take my time.
Steffi
Sehr informativ und auch gut erklärt. Doch das Lesen ist eher mühsam und man braucht deutlich länger als bei trivial Literatur. Somit ist es teilweise ganz schön frustrierend. Trotzdem wirklich gut.
Scott Shepard
I read this textbook for my Principles of Child Development class. It is pretty good as far as textbooks go, well written and full of supporting research.
Kate
Infant development bores me, but I read this thing through and through. Ridiculous.
Sarah Ordaz
I'm using this book for my class next semester.
Azlaan
Azlaan marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Shams
Shams marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Kunmun
Kunmun marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Evelina Smîntînă
Evelina Smîntînă marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Guruguru
Guruguru marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Tansy
Tansy marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Larry Williams
Larry Williams marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Children's Thinking Emerging Minds: The Process of Change in Children's Thinking How Children Develop How Children Discover New Strategies LaunchPad for Siegler's How Children Develop (Six Month Access)