Start by marking “Dead Shot” as Want to Read:
Dead Shot

Dead Shot

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  95 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Famous for her depictions of violence, photographer Gillian Gray is no stranger to controversy. When demonstrators protest the opening of an exhibit of her work, Detective Ray Pearce is hired as her bodyguard. Soon, murdered victims start to turn up--posed in scenes from Gillian's horrific photos. Original.
Published March 1st 2007 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Dead Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Shot

fleurette
May 28, 2016 fleurette rated it liked it
Annie Solomon is not a popular or well-known author. I have discovered her by accident some time ago, read One Deadly Sin and enjoyed it a lot. Now I have read another of her books, known even less than the previous one and with only 95 ratings (including my own). I definitely wasn't disappointed.

Gillian is an artist who makes the photos of herself posed as a victim of murder. Her aim is to attract the killer of her mother and now with the exhibition of her works in her home town it seems that
Becky
Jan 26, 2010 Becky rated it really liked it
In a word: gripping. This one had me from page one all the way to the end. Read it in almost one sitting. Only took a break long enough to sleep for a few hours!

Like my first Solomon book, there's a cop in this one. Though I don't think Ray is quite the hunk that One Deadly Sin used to keep us turning the pages, Gillian was a gal to watch. She was strong, yet vulnerable-- stubborn, yet yielding when necessary. She had a past that she thumbed her nose at rather than hiding from, and in an interes
Anna Schno
Jan 02, 2015 Anna Schno rated it really liked it
It was a thrilling read. The case an interesting one. The heroine was a bit much to take on. Somehow I couldn't follow her reasoning. Also, as sometimes is the case with thrillers, there was too much trouble and heartache in one place/family to be believable. The whole Maggie sideline story was unnecessary, I think.
Lara
Apr 14, 2009 Lara rated it really liked it
Annie has spun a great suspense in Dead Shot. The premise is creepy and intriguing. A fellow MCRW member, Annie is an inspiration to us all. This book is her first set in Nashville. It is fun to read about the local haunts....while it adds to the story for me...it wouldn't be a distraction to someone not from here. The twists and turns keep you turning the pages until the spectacular end. Good job Annie!
Tatrd
Apr 12, 2011 Tatrd rated it really liked it
Gillian Gray & Ray Pearce
She's famous for her photos of staged death scenes and for her famous murdered mother. Now, someone is recreating her photos but using real bodies. Ray is a bodyguard hired by her rich Grandfather to protect her from the crazy person. Set in Nashville. One of the murders happens at H&R Block!
Review
Kat McKay
Jan 28, 2013 Kat McKay rated it it was ok
Ok book. It was well written, but the story and the main character fell short in my opinion. She seemed like a flighty 20-something always wanting to party, hardly a serious professional photographer mentality or a victim of a homocide.
Jessie
Apr 27, 2010 Jessie rated it liked it
Maybe 3.25. Read it for the Nashville setting--Pretty accurate for a Noo Yawka (what the author calls herself). Liked the writing in that I didn't really notice it and the plot really moves.
Molly
Apr 14, 2009 Molly rated it it was ok
The idea was great, the book was good, but it has one steamy scene that could have been left out. That is why it recieved a 2 star. If no scene like that, I would have put it at a 3 or 4
Nicole
Apr 10, 2009 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: rom, myst
I'm pretty sure I read this, but I don't feel like going back and checking. It deserves either 3 or 4 stars.
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
MVB
MVB marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Charity
Charity marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
AJ
AJ added it
Mar 15, 2016
Beatrice
Beatrice marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
G
G added it
Feb 06, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Cheryl sankey
Cheryl sankey rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Jan 17, 2016
Marta
Marta rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Elizabeth Andrews
Elizabeth Andrews rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
tousou
tousou added it
Jan 01, 2016
Pilar
Pilar rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Mary
Mary added it
Sep 26, 2015
Riet
Riet rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Bunny
Bunny marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Shirley
Shirley rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
Tbabe001
Tbabe001 rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A native New Yorker, RITA-winning author Annie Solomon has been dreaming up stories since she was ten. After a twelve-year career in advertising, where she rose to Vice President and Head Writer at a mid-size agency, she abandoned the air conditioners, furnaces and heat pumps of her professional life for her first love—romance. An avid knitter, she now lives in Nashville with her husband and daugh ...more
More about Annie Solomon...