Start by marking “Aardvarks, Disembark!” as Want to Read:
Aardvarks, Disembark!

Aardvarks, Disembark!

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  11 reviews
"A wonderful tour to less-traveled parts of the animal kingdom, and also a plea for conservation".--Kirkus Reviews. After the flood, it's time for the animals to leave the ark. When Noah calls the roll from A to Z, readers find Noah doesn't know the names of some of the more unusual animals. An ALA Notable Children's Book and Boston Globe/Horn Book Honor Book. Full color.
Published July 1st 1994 by Puffin Books (first published October 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Aardvarks, Disembark!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aardvarks, Disembark!

Cheryl
Wonderful introduction to a wide variety of animals not often seen in children's books told within the story of Noah and the Ark. Starts with the rain and ends with a wide variety of animals leaving, two by two. Wonderfully illustrated.
Mariah Olson
This book was really cool because it's formatted in a different way in that you flip the pages up, not to the left, so it's a unique style of book design. I was given this book by one of my teachers to start my own classroom library and I like it a lot except for a few minor issues. Aardvarks, Disembark! is a great way to become more accustomed with the alphabet but the majority of the animals names are hard to pronounce or sound out so I would definitely recommend it as a book that teachers rea ...more
Brandy
This story is about Noah's Ark and gathering up all of the animals for the flood. This story is a fun ABC book and lists various animals for each letter with a picture. Instead of the typical vertical layout, this book is horizontal which makes for a fun view of the pictures. This does not tell the entire story of Noah and the Ark but rather picks up where he is saying to "disembark" then calls all of the different types of animals. This would be great for a classroom because if you are not teac ...more
Leslie
Behind the scenes Noah has the animals disembark the ark alphabetically (doesn't seem like the best plan to me), but there are a whole bunch of unusual animals left whose names he doesn't know.

Very tricky to read out loud. I recognized maybe 20% of the animals' names. The back of the book contained pronunciation and brief descriptions which I appreciated. I think this book would be better digitally where you can click on the name for pronunciation and description.
Adrielle
A parade of many unusual animals leaving Noah's ark after the flood waters recede. A great idea, but the list of animals was so long that it became tedious. My 5 year old did enjoy repeating the interesting animal names after me (no matter how tongue-tied I became!)
Lisa
Quick story of Noah and the Ark. The rest of the book goes over different types of animals (some now extinct). Lots of animals I didn't know about and couldn't pronounce. I'd share it with my kids.
Vicky
My 3 year old likes trying to guess the names of the animals and I enjoyed seeing how many I knew. Not our average animal book, but I found it pretty enjoyable.
Angela
Story of the flood after Mt Ararat landing. Alphabetical list of unusual animals, some now extinct. Be prepared for some tongue-twisting.
Megan
Apr 11, 2009 Megan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: abc
Noah's ark has lots of little known animals who all march out in reverse alphabetical order.
Guen
Noah's ark. Rare animals leave ark in reverse alphabetical order.
Cws
Jul 22, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: je
JE-Jon
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jun 06, 2015
Nithya Poovannan
Nithya Poovannan marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Olivia_kids
Olivia_kids marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
MrsMaryLibrary
MrsMaryLibrary marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014