Start by marking “The Remarkable Benjamin Franklin” as Want to Read:
The Remarkable Benjamin Franklin

The Remarkable Benjamin Franklin

No one could have thought up a more amazing character than the living, breathing Benjamin Franklin. He was everything from a "soapmaker, candle dipper, and printer" to a "postmaster, political activist, community reformer, revolutionary, statesman, international diplomat, and first great citizen of a nation which he, as much or more than anyone, helped to create."

Published November 8th 2005 by National Geographic Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about The Remarkable Benjamin Franklin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Remarkable Benjamin Franklin

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
This is my second favorite of all the covers she's done, and I also love the title page illustration. However, I was disappointed in the text. In places the wording seemed confusing, like she was trying too hard to condense a lot into a paragraph. On the other hand, the quotes along the bottom from his Autobiography, Poor Richard's Almanac, and other writings made me want to pick up those works and read them. Franklin is one of those people in history that I'd like to meet if only I had a time m ...more
Zohair Khan
Dec 06, 2015 Zohair Khan rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was very good.It gave all the facts about what benjamin franklin was and what he did that helped the u.s.a. .I learned new things about benjamin franklin such as he ran away when he was l7.Or that when he first met his wife it was because he was eating rolls in a funny way.All in all this book gave me lots of facts about benjamin franklin.
Dec 27, 2011 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile-non-fic
Ben Franklin did many great things for our country. Didn't know he started from such humble beginnings or that he had so much ... family drama, shall we say?

Kid appropriate. Only thing I would say is that there is an awful lot of text for a "picture book biography." One of those cases where the teacher would say "no, that's not long enough for your report" but the younger kids would get lost in all the words.

Loved the quote around the portrait on the opening page ... "If you would not be forgott
Jun 10, 2014 Autumn rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-class
May 31, 2013 Mjstroup rated it really liked it
This was such a thorough look into the life of Benjamin Franklin and gave great stories and insight into his life that I had never learned before! I think this book would be excellent for children to hear because it shows how he used his creativity, brain, and passions to lead his life in a direction that made a difference in the world.
Nov 04, 2011 Missy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super book written in an entertaining fashion with great illustrations. I would like to read all the biographies in this serie. On a whole it was a couple years above my young boys, but I still wanted to read it to the end myself.
Aug 25, 2012 Holly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
Kids could start with How Ben Franklin Stole the Lightning, then ladder it with this one. It's much more complex with many nonfiction text features. Next on the ladder: The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.
Keri marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2016
Ms. Stephens
Ms. Stephens rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Suzy marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Rachel added it
May 19, 2016
Rachel marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Samantha Wray
Samantha Wray marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Rebecca Ray
Rebecca Ray marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Jes rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Shawn Miller
Shawn Miller rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Linda rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Stephen J Meyler
Stephen J Meyler marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Lilli Gall
Lilli Gall rated it it was ok
Dec 14, 2015
Julie rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2015
Wyatt Rose
Wyatt Rose is currently reading it
Feb 17, 2015