Minkä taakseen jättää

Minkä taakseen jättää (Vik & Stubø #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  1,227 ratings  ·  132 reviews
The Finnish version of Anne Holt : Det som er mitt.

Yhdeksänvuotias Emilie katoaa matkalla koulusta kotiin. Jäljelle jäävät vain reppu ja kimppu leskenlehtiä. Kuusi päivää myöhemmin kidnapataan pikku Kim. Hän löytyy nopeasti. Kuolleena, ruumiissaan lappu SAIT ANSIOSI MUKAAN.

Inger Johanne Vik, tutkija ja pienen lapsen äiti, on yhtä järkyttynyt kuin muutkin maanmiehensä. Kun...more
hardback, 416 pages
Published 2003 by Gummerus (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Minkä taakseen jättää, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Minkä taakseen jättää

Bridgette Redman
The United States has no monopoly on the thriller genre. This is something Europeans, in particular Norwegians, have known for some time. But then, they’ve been reading Anne Holt for years.

Anne Holt is one of Norway’s most successful crime writers and her most recent book What is Mine is making its U.S. debut this year.

What is Mine is a serial killer crime novel, the first in what is to be a series featuring Johanne Vik and Adam Stubo, both middle-aged professionals who are caught up in a seri...more
Maria Grazia
La gabbia psicologica che intrappola i protagonisti è molto ben descritta, e il loro modo di agire è decisamente norvegese: sono tutti dei benintenzionati dilettanti, perché in una società fondamentalmente esente da peccato originale come quella norvegese non ci sono molte possibilità di conoscere e far fronte a un male di qualsiasi tipo.
Forse c'è un po' troppa ingenuità nel pretendere che il serial killer dei bambini sia il figlio dell'uomo ingiustamente condannato per lo stesso delitto tanti a...more
Antonomasia
Jun 08, 2014 Antonomasia rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Antonomasia by: low price
Shelves: crime, norway, nordic, 2014
I wanted to read crime fiction, and whilst The Murder of Halland was a good book (it was the only crime novel I had in the house, with the possible exception of the Peter Grant comic fantasy series), I craved a more traditional plot. A few years ago I enjoyed Holt's 1222, so looked for other Hanne Wilhelmsen novels, but this, the first in her Johanne Vik series, was about half the price.

This is part of the appeal of genre, patterns of events which recur like the steps of an old dance – I know I...more
Oscura
Premesso che i gialli (ma mi sembra una parola grossa da usare per tale autrice) della Vargas non sono "surreali", ma assurdi, più vicini ad un fantasy se proprio si vuole, a me questo libro è piaciuto molto...mai sentito parlare di forme particolari di autismo? Ci sono bambini in grado ad esempio di fare calcoli matematici assolutamente complessi che vivono in un mondo completamente diverso dal nostro (tipo il bambino di "Codice Mercury" con Bruce Willis) I personaggi sono molto ben delineati e...more
Cinthia Karina  Martinez
The book is about a serial killer with no heart . Who kidnappes little kids and than cruely kills them and than sends notes to there mother's saying " you got what you deserve " its a great book i loved it and i truly recommend it.
Kenneth Fredette
This was a really good story. It comes from a true story that actually happened in Norway. Anne changed the story to make it readable and interesting. She did an outstanding job.
Heather
I've become addicted to Scandinavian thrillers and What Is Mine is a great addition to this shelf. I was relieved to learn it's the first book in a series, because there's much about the characters' backgrounds left unexplained. I'm also eager to see how the relationship between Joanna, the reluctant profiler, and Adam, the brooding detective, develops as they become more and more intwined in each other lives, both personally and professionally.

The resolutions of the child abductions and a prior...more
Katherine Tomlinson
A profiler trained in the US and a Norwegian cop join forces to find the man abducting and killing children; falling in love in the process in What is Mine, the first of the Stubo and Vik series by Anne Holt, a woman who put the “Noir” in Nordic Noir.

The characters are rich with the dynamic between Adam and Johanne is intriguing and adult. The plotting is a bit convoluted, with a couple of huge coincidences at the end, but as the characters keep pointing out, Norway is a small country. This is...more
Panthère Rousse
Présentation de l'éditeur
En Norvège, un serial killer est en liberté. Un tueur en série de la pire espèce. Qui séquestre les enfants et les assassine d'une manière indétectable par la police, et qui renvoie le corps de la victime à la mère avec cette note atroce : «Tu as eu ce que tu méritais.» Emilie, neuf ans et Kim, cinq ans, ont disparu. L'enquête est confiée à l'inspecteur principal Yngvar Stubo. Pour retrouver la piste du tueur, celui-ci fait appel à Inger Johanne Vik, une ex profiler du F...more
Sharonm
The first in the Stubo and Vik series set in Norway. Stubo is a policeman who has recently lost both his wife and daughter, and Vik is a female lecturer on criminology who has a mentally handicapped daughter. Stubo courts Vik, first professionally to help with a series of abductions and murders of children, and then personally. The developing relationship between the two is touchingly mature and characteristically (for Scandinavian literature) reserved, and it forms the backdrop for the search f...more
Margaret
This decidedly creepy thriller is based on the abduction of a series of children and goes back and forth between perspectives: abductor, abductee, investigator... Holt paints a chillingly normal portrait of all the characters - the villain, reluctant hero, police, children are all just normal folk. Their motivations and ultimate actions are occasionally shocking, but the characters feel like someone you know.

Although there are strands of many stories woven expertly in this novel, the main thread...more
Karen
PUNISHMENT is the first in a newly translated, extremely successful series in Europe, featuring academic and former FBI profiler Johanne Vik and Detective Inspector Adam Stubo of the Oslo police.

When 9 year old Emilie goes missing her father is worried but not frantic. She'd done this once before just after her mother died. This time, they don't find her. When a little boy disappears and ultimately is returned to his parents; dead, no obvious cause of death, and a handwritten note: You Got What...more
Jmm
“Now you've got what you deserved,” states the note attached to Kim Oksøy's body when it is mysteriously returned to his home. Five-year-old Kim had been taken from his bedroom during the night just six days after eight-year-old Emilie Selbu disappeared while walking home from school. Even more puzzling, Kim's autopsy failed to find a cause of death while Emilie's fate remains unknown.

Detective Chief Inspector Adam Stubo of the Norwegian National Criminal Investigation Service (NCIS) very much w...more
Ken
I've been reading a lot of SciFi and Fantasy lately and it's been a while since I've read any good thrillers so I decided to take a break with a Crime Fiction novel. Punishment also known as What is Mine is the first book in a Norwegian series featuring former FBI profiler Johanne Vik. What started off as an exciting story about kidnapped children and a crazed killer, only to be let down by a series of disappointing events that are too convenient and coincidental.

Joanne Vik was brought into the...more
J
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.

I had not delved into Anne Holt until I heard her speak on NPR after the Norway terror massacre. A statement of hers stuck w. me: that crime writing is really a way to give commentary on society; that crime novels are great at examining the fears of a society. She was saying that Norwegians fear the random evil monster more than terrorism -- and she said that right after the massacre, but before authorities had determined the shooter/bomber was a stand-alone actor.

Anyway, th...more
Sandra
Quem me conhece sabe do gosto que tenho em ler este tipo de livros - thrillers, com muito mistério e adrenalina à mistura - e este tinha em si a promessa de que seria muito bom.

Confesso que apesar de ter gostado, ficou um pouco aquém das minhas expectativas.

O enredo base é excepcional, o fim é labiríntico e fabuloso. No entanto, achei que a meio do livro a autora andou a prolongar demasiado a estória sem nada a acrescentar. Além disso os nomes das personagens em norueguês fez com que por vezes t...more
Chrissy
A translation of the original Norwegian novel, What Is Mine is a suspense-thriller about a child serial killer stalking a usually low-crime town in Norway. With one child missing, and another dead, lead detective Adam Stubo turns to the only help he knows, Johanne Vik, a former FBI profiler. Yet, Johanne is apprehensive to join being already absorbed in another investigation where the suspect has fled to America. But when more children go missing, Vik (a mother of a six-year old) can no longer t...more
Jan Derksen
Jul 12, 2012 Jan Derksen marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

Noorwegen is in de ban van een gewelddadige kinderontvoerder. Er zijn al enkele slachtoffers. Van de negenjarige Emilie is het lot nog onzeker. Inspecteur Yngvar Stubø, die de zaak onderzoekt, kiest voor een onconventionele aanpak. Hij weet psychologe Inger Johanne Vik over te halen hem te helpen. Zij moet eerst de nodige aarzelingen overwinnen. Als moeder van een jonge dochter is ze bang dat ze de zaak emotioneel niet aankan. Bovendien heeft ze iets anders aan haar hoofd. Ze zoekt naar de waarh

Ubik 2.0
Finiranno per soffocarla nella culla questa new wave scandinava del thriller, come uno dei poveri bambini eliminati nelle pagine di questo scombinato romanzo. E la responsabilità sarà sia degli editori che ormai pubblicano chiunque abbia la minima possibilità, secondo loro, di ripetere il miracolo (economico non certo creativo...) della buonanima di Stieg Larsson, sia dei lettori che decretano il successo ad ogni libro che abbia origine oltre il 55° parallelo.

"Quel che ti meriti" vanta una prima...more
Stacy
The summary sounded interesting and the story started out well enough but it never took off. The only interesting character was Isak, and he was just included to give Johanne a back story. The progression of the case was uneventful, which bothers me because of the frequent use of 'thriller' in descriptions and reviews, and the inclusion of Aksel's story didn't help. The story was slow-moving with too many conveniences.
Patricia Krenik
Fascinating plot, but some difficulty in following who is saying what to whom. One has to read "he said" before knowing who is speaking, then finding out later in the paragraph.

The book is high on suspense, but even though the author ties up the loose ends of the story I find my attention still stuck on unanswered questions. The book doesn't make it clear why the particular victims were chosen, or why the psychopath would kill one child but keep another alive. I don't know if this isn't clear be...more
La Stamberga dei Lettori
La ricerca del clone di Stieg Larsson (non che non ci fossero altri autori scandinavi o nord europei nei cataloghi editoriali ma l'autore della Millennium Trilogy è ormai diventato pietra di paragone) ha creato nell'editoria italiana una folle rincorsa al giallista nordico. Col rischio di prendere qualche bella, sonora cantonata.Le prime cento pagine del libro di Anne Holt segnalano proprio questo rischio: che si prenda per buono (e si rivenda per eccellente) quel che buono non è. Negli ultimi a...more
Paola
Non bellissimo perché alcuni aspetti mi lasciano perplessa. La costruzione del racconto é arcinota: i capitoli sono assegnati ai vari protagonisti (vittima, colpevole, coloro che indagano e co-protagonisti). Funziona molto bene, gli incastri sono perfetti. La ricercatrice psicologa e avvocato, il poliziotto, sono molto ben dealineati nella loro dinamica psicologica.
La storia é ben congegnata e ruota sul rapporto genitori/figli, con figli che vogliono un riscatto dal presente per il loro passato...more
Tim
I rather struggled to get into this book, I found need to re-read bits quite often, usually a sign of unclear writing on the part of the author. Although at the same time the setting in a foreign land (to me) meant that place names and distances were troublesome and didn't paint a clear picture in my mind so maybe my fault?

Still the storyline was pretty original and elegantly convoluted. I am not sure if I will read another title by this author, but I wouldn't write it off. Certainly a variatio...more
Gill
Another Norwegian crime thriller. Punishment introduces policeman Adam Stubo, and psychologist/profiler Johanne Vik.

Someone is abducting young children, killing them, and then returning the bodies to their parents with a note attached: "You got what you deserved".

Stubo goes to great lengths to recruit Vik's help on the case, but he seems to have most of the answers already so you're left wondering about his interest in her. Meanwhile, Vik is doing her own investigation into a possible miscarriag...more
pierpaolo
2,5 stelle
Il libro � sicuramente bello, ma ho trovato un'enorme difficolt� coi nomi propri troppo spesso simili fra loro. Questo mi ha senza dubbio intralciato nel seguire la storia. L'avrei apprezzata molto di pi� se avessi fatto maggiore attenzione sin dall'inizio...
Alberto R
Ok, non sarà un capolavoro. Forse la Holt non sarà la più grande giallista contemporanea.
Ma il libro mi convince. Non credo che la storia principale sia scontata: è ben narrata, i profili psicologici dell'assassino e della investigatrice non sono per nulla banali e l'arma impropria impiegata dall'assassino è quanto meno verosimile.
Il ritmo della narrazione talvolta rallenta, ma mai tanto da alterare la sensazione di attesa di un dipanamento della matassa. Credo che neppure la narrazione delle vi...more
Richard
A chilling read, a dark and disturbing thriller but a compelling story. Perhaps it is good to remind one that this is crime fiction as the subject matter is unsettling and the facts of the case unspeakable.
However the narrative never dwells on the sensationalism, it is written about with compassion and a degree of empathy, reflected in in flawed relationships of our central characters and their personal tragedies.
Some of the thoughts and voice given to the children in the story reminded me of bi...more
Pan Dal Ma
For the beginning I must mention that this is a translation in my language of the original Norwegian novel, "What Is Mine". Until now, it was the best crime novel I ever read and I'm looking forward to read more of Anne Hold's work. Very interesting story, I have to mention, I liked the fact that actually there were two stories, two cases which meet each other creating a brilliant ending. I could predict it, but it doesn't matter 'case I really enjoyed it.
Darla Obrien
Her books always have tons of characters! Sometimes its hard to keep up. But if you can the rewards are great!! Can't wait to read more!!!
  • Missing
  • Sprängaren (Annika Bengtzon, #4)
  • Glass Devil (Inspector Huss #4)
  • The Fourth Man
  • Woman with Birthmark (Inspector Van Veeteren #4)
  • Evas Öga (Inspector Konrad Sejer #1)
  • Unspoken (Anders Knutas, #2)
  • Echoes from the Dead (The Öland Quartet #1)
  • Outrage (Inspector Erlendur #9)
  • Summer Death: A Thriller
  • Flickan under gatan
  • The Shadow Woman (Inspector Winter #2)
  • Until Thy Wrath Be Past (Rebecka Martinsson, #4)
Anne Holt was born in Larvik, grew up in Lillestrøm and Tromsø, and moved to Oslo in 1978. She graduated with a law degree from the University of Bergen in 1986, and went on to work for The Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) and then the Oslo Police Department, earning her right to practice as a lawyer in Norway. In 1990 she returned to NRK, where she worked one year as a journalist and anch...more
More about Anne Holt...
1222 (Hanne Wilhelmsen, #8) Blind Goddess (Hanne Wilhelmsen #1) What Never Happens Blessed Are Those Who Thirst (Hanne Wilhelmsen #2) Death of the Demon (Hanne Wilhelmsen, #3)