Start by marking “Hot and Bothered” as Want to Read:
Hot and Bothered

Hot and Bothered

Running away to an isolated Baja village, heiress Judith Collier dreams of disappearing from the outside world, until she meets handsome ex-cop Paul Murphy, whom she must convince that they are meant for each other.
Mass Market Paperback, 240 pages
Published September 1st 1995 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Hot and Bothered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot and Bothered

Beth
Hot and Bothered was a fun, entertaining story about two people that ran away from life issues only to find each other on a remote cove on the Baja peninsula in Mexico.

Paul Murphy is living in his uncle’s home in Mexico. He left the LAPD after a tragedy involving a child, leaving his ex-wife and daughter behind. When another American shows up in his cove, he doesn’t know what to make of this woman who is obviously out of her element.

Judith Collier is one of the heirs to a chocolate dynasty. Rec
Nancy
Nov 11, 2016 Nancy rated it it was ok
Setting: Mexico. Baja
Two N Americans meet one lives there and one on vacation. Slightly interesting, improbable plot.
Carver's Book Cravings
May 13, 2013 Carver's Book Cravings rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review
4 Stars

This is a fun read. I loved the mystery thrown in with the romance.

Judith is a rich girl who lets everyone decide her life for her. When her aunt dies and unexpectedly leaves her shares for the family business to Judith, Judith knows she needs to make this decision alone. So she runs to Mexico to get away from her overbearing family. She needed the quiet to make the decision without letting her family try to persuade her into doing what t
Jennifer Whitehead
Apr 17, 2013 Jennifer Whitehead rated it it was ok
Vacation Getaway Book

Thank you NetGalley and Loveswept for the A.R.C. that I was allowed to view in exchange for my honest opinion! Typical romance novel falling fast is what you'll find in this book. The misleading cover of the newly released edition makes the reader believe in a beach retreat book, but what she instead is a delightful tale about Judith Collier and Paul Murphy. She, a naive and guileless heiress, finds she is in danger after inheriting a large holding in the family company, Col
Michela Walters
May 26, 2013 Michela Walters rated it it was ok
Thanks to NetGalley and Loveswept for this book in exchange for an honest review.

This story could have been extremely interesting. An heiress hiding out in a small beach town in the Baja Peninsula meets a cop hiding out from his own past. Sounds intriguing right? Yeah, unfortunately that wasn't the case.

People are hot on Judith's tail, and through much of the book you think she's in serious trouble. That is until she finally tells her reluctant lover, Paul, the truth about why she left. Needless
Kimberly
May 06, 2013 Kimberly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

3.5 Stars This is a re-release of a book from 1995 and unlike a number of other of Cajio’s books I have read that have been re-released this one actually does stand the test of time. There is no real mention of long ago and long dead people, etc. There is a bit about Mexico and to be honest I would not know if any of the laws have changed in this 18 years.

I was unsure about the characters at first. Paul seemed so distant and unfriendly and Judith seemed s
Yazmin
Jun 13, 2013 Yazmin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot and Bothered by Linda Cajio is a sweet, fun and intriguing romance that will keep you wondering what comes next.

Judith Collier is running away from her life and hiding from her family until she makes up her mind. She just inherited her great aunt’s shares of the family company, something she never wanted to get involved in, and now she must decide if she wants to sell the company or keep it. A decision she wants to make on her own and not be pressured by her family to either give them full a
✿kawehi.reviews
I was so bored and disappointed in this book that I stopped reading it. To me, both characters were cowards who ran away from life issues. I don't like those kinds of characters so I had a hard time adjusting to the plot and the characters' journeys. I'm sorry.
Tessa
Apr 16, 2013 Tessa marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
This ARC copy of Hot and Bothered was given to me by Random House Publishing Group-Loveswept via Net Galley
Fannie
Fannie rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was ok
Apr 30, 2013
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2012
Jennifercarver
Jennifercarver rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Heather
Heather rated it did not like it
Mar 26, 2011
Dawn
Dawn added it
Sep 13, 2012
MissyGirl
MissyGirl marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2013
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
shms
shms marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Yvette
Yvette added it
Feb 03, 2014
Darlene Bonds
Darlene Bonds marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Oct 29, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Jae
Jae added it
Feb 24, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 20, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 30, 2015
Nobody
Nobody added it
Jan 17, 2016
Linda Cajio was born on 3 August 1953. She started writing contemporary romances in 1986 for Loveswept, and she also wrote historical romances for Kensington and Zebra. She was a Career Achievement Award nominee from Romantic Times Magazine.
More about Linda Cajio...