Copycat (Kitt Lundgren, #1)

Copycat (Kitt Lundgren #1)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  2,452 ratings  ·  119 reviews

Five years ago, three young victims were found murdered, posed like little angels. No witnesses, no evidence left behind. The Sleeping Angel Killer called his despicable acts 'the perfect crimes.' The case nearly destroyed homicide detective Kitt Lundgren's career— because she let the killer get away.

Now the Sleeping Angel Killer is back.

But Kitt notices something differen

Published October 20th 2006 by Mira Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Copycat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Copycat

Red by Erica SpindlerFortune by Erica SpindlerCopycat by Erica SpindlerBone Cold by Erica SpindlerForbidden Fruit by Erica Spindler
Best Of Erica Spindler
2nd out of 10 books — 4 voters
Donde los árboles cantan by Laura Gallego GarcíaWater for Elephants by Sara GruenThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisTwilight by Stephenie MeyerBrutal Youth by Anthony Breznican
INTERESTING COVERS!
119th out of 191 books — 108 voters

More lists with this book...

Bigd_041555
My first book by Erica Spindler - won't be my last.

I really didn't know who the main killer was until the end. So many (here's "Elvan's" terminology) red herrings, twists, turns - who do you believe, who do you suspect - geesh I really sucked at detective work with this book.

Very difficult subject, so not for everyone to read - not that the murders were all that graphic, but it was the victims that will get to you.

Kitt Lundgren is the main character in this book - a detective with the Rockford,...more
Tonile {My Cup and Chaucer}
This is the second Spindler book I've read in a week and I can't get enough of her incredible stories! This gripping narrative focuses on the life of Detective Kitt Lundgren and how her world falls apart when a case begins to take over her life. 5 years later, the Sleeping Angel Killer returns, although not without reason to believe the police may be dealing with a copycat. When Kitt forms a relationship with someone claiming to be the original SAK, no area of her life will go unturned as she an...more
Louise
From Publishers Weekly
The Sleeping Angel Killer provides the chilling focus to Spindler's 12th bloodcurdling romantic thriller (after Killer Takes All). Kitt Lundgren and Mary Catherine "M.C." Riggio of the Rockford, Ill., VCB (Violent Crimes Bureau) vow to catch a serial killer who sets the suffocated bodies of 10-year-old girls in their own beds, dressed like angels in frilly white nightgowns, hair spread out on their pillows and pink lip gloss applied postmortem to their mouths. Spindler's se...more
Terri
Kitt Lundgren screwed up her life and career and let a serial killer get away due to her personal issues after her daughter's death. And now the killer is back, claiming the latest series of murders is the work of a copycat. Is it true? He demands she is put in charge of the case, to the frustration of MC who is an ambitious cop who doesn't trust Kitt's ability to stay sober and lead.

I really liked this book. The characters were both strong women and their difficulties in working together belie...more
Nicola Marsh
First Erica Spindler thriller I've read, won't be the last. Loved the red herrings liberally sprinkled throughout.
And having a heroine with a tragic past really builds sympathy for the main character.
Will hunt for the follow up to this.
Michelle
"A terrifying and gruesome thriller novel ... one of the best works of Erica Spindler"

Five years ago, three 10-year-old girls were found dead, suffocated and posed like little angels in their own beds, dressed in frilly white nightgowns, hair spread out on their pillows and pink lip gloss applied postmortem to their mouths. These strangely clean scenes was done by the Sleeping Angel Killer (SAK) which he called as his despicable acts "the perfect crimes." The crime was flawless, everything was p...more
Isabella Sharp

Copycat is a cheap, reasonably good read with some promise- however, it's not particularly memorable.

On reflection, one of the first things that jumped out of me about this book was how polished it was, overly so. Maybe I've had an overload of similarly slick crime shows, but I found myself longing after more grit.

The writing is smooth, leading swiftly from one point to the next in a distinctly American style which I thought was a bit overdone. However, at no point did it make me wince, which...more
Meredith

Pages: 412

Number: 53

Synopsis:

From the Publisher

"I won't talk to anyone else -- only you. Another child, another sweet girl will die. You can stop it, Kitt. Don't you want to stop it?"

Five years ago, three young victims were found dead, posed like little angels. There were no witnesses. Strangely clean scenes. The Sleeping Angel Killer called his despicable acts "the perfect crimes."

The case immobilized the close-knit community of Rockfor...more
Ashley
To start this review out I would like to say I really enjoyed this book. In fact it's my new favorite :). What I loved most about it was the relationship between Kitt, and the original killer. I also enjoyed the partnership between M.C and Kitt. The story was an all together thrilling experience for me. I guessed the copycat but how he was connected with the original and who the original killer kind of threw me off guard. There were some hints as to HOW they were connected, I just chose to ignor...more
Tom Tischler
Three young girls are found dead posed like little angels.
There were no witnesses and a perfectly clean crime scene.
The killer became known as The Sleeping Angel killer. After
five years there are still no breaks in the case and it
nearly immobilized the town of Rockford, IL. Detective Kitt
Lundgren almost lost her job over this by accidently letting
the killer escape. She also lost her daughter due to an
illness. Now the killer is back but M C Riggio is head
investigator and she doesn't want Kitt...more
Corrine
My favorite book, i just couldnt put it down. The characters were twisted and tortured in this novel, really just great and enjoyable. As the plot thickened you never knew what would come up next, i started to think i knew who the killer was, but i was dead wrong. & so was the main character. The mixture brought something out in everyone, and its a must read.
Harriet
Fantastic. Another new author that writes a super suspense/thriller.. Goodreads.com does a good job suggesting authors, basing the suggestions on how I rate the books I read.

I read, "Copycat," in one day. Could not put it down. It had a huge twist at the end that I did not see coming. I am definitely reading more of Spindler's books!
Rosemary Smith
I love Erica Spindler's books. I tend to find an author and then read every one of theirs I can get my hands on. I enjoy the characters and I like exploring their feelings. I feel for Kitt Lundgrin. She has had a rough time, but she gets through it and grows.

Great story, Erica. Write more....
Steve Emecz
This is an excellent thriller and I didn't really put it down. It kept me company on thr trek home avoiding the volcanic ash (1 plane turned into 1 boat and 2 trains). If this is an indication of Erica's work then I will be buying a lot more of the back catalogue.
Valerie Husom
This is probably my favorite Spindler novel. Partly because I lived in Rockford IL, and I can relate to working through tragic circumstances; such as Kitt had to do. I enjoy most of Erica's books, but this one always seem to stand out in my memory.
Alyssa
This book proves why Erica Spindler is one of my favorite authors!! The suspense kept me on the edge of my seat and I never saw the ending coming!!!! Such a great book!!
Betsy
So exciting...this book will have you guessing right up until the very end!! Plus I loved the main character Kitt Lundgren...can't wait to read more books with her.
Mary
I am really getting into this author. I like her style of writing as well as the characters in this series; who are two female detectives.
Alisha
Really good, kept me thinking, and totally not what I expected to happen. I would definitely read another Erica Spindler book.
Debbie bailey
Ive read and re-read this book several times now.It is in fact my favorite book ever!!Well worth a read.
Cynde mitchell
Awesome book,would like more books with Kitt in it
Nikki
I thought it was really good!
Lynai
The first time that I have read a novel by Erica Spindler (Dead Run) I was utterly too disappointed that I vowed never to read any Spindler novel ever again. I've had enough of Erica Spindler, I've said. After visiting a booksale, however, I just couldn't resist leaving behind a 15-peso book "unbought", if there is such a word.
And was I in for a surprise. Spindler has redeemed herself this time, at least to my taste. Although the plot wasn't that original ( I have vague recollections of book syn...more
Cassie
All in all, I liked the book. It was a good fast read and it certainly got better towards the end. I didn't see the ending coming although I had suspicions about one part of it. I was a little disappointed they left Kitt's personal life open ended, but maybe they elaborate on it more in book two. While I did like the book, I'm not sure if I will continue reading the series but it didn't grab me and pull me in the way other book series have.
Celeste Marinus
This was one sick and twisted storyline. I was really disgusted as to how these little girls get murdered. Just when I thought that I know who might be the killer, something happened that threw me off completely. Fortunately for me, the storyline was not predictable and it was not that easy to figure out who the killer was.

However, I have to say, I could pick up that either the killer was well familiar with the law or how the law works in terms of how forensics work as this person left no clues...more
Amy
I'm giving this one 4 stars. It's the first Erica Spindler novel I've read, but I've already requested the second one in the series. I will say the ending felt really super rushed, but other than that, everything was pretty well done. I'll definitely be reading more.
Maikku
This is my second Erica Spindler book. There were so many twists at the end I stayed up till 3.00 am to finish it. Great thriller. She is definitely one of my favorite authors can't wait to get my hands on he next one.
Emily
While I couldn't put this book down, the reasoning given for why the killer was a killer wasn't satisfactory to me. I enjoyed the rest of the book.
Lisa Thompson
I was very disappointed in this book. I thought it would be as thrilling as her book In Silence but it was lacking in the character department. Though I did not know who the killer was until the end of the book, it just wasn't a page turner. Kitt Lundgren is not a well written character. Truthfully, I did not like her or her partner M.C. at all. Both were flat and I just wanted to shake them to get some fire in them. I do not recommend this book at all. I would have stopped reading it if it were...more
Copy Cat 1 17 Aug 19, 2009 06:33PM
  • Cold Truth (Truth #1)
  • All The Pretty Girls
  • Don't Scream
  • Trust Me (Last Stand Series, #1)
  • Black for Remembrance
  • Split Second (Maggie O'Dell, #2)
  • Speak No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #1)
  • The Missing (Darby McCormick #1)
  • Left To Die (To Die, #1)
  • The Survivors Club
  • City Of Fire (Lena Gamble, #1)
  • Close Enough To Kill (Griffin Powell, #6)
A New York Times and International bestselling author, Erica Spindler's skill for crafting engrossing plots and compelling characters has earned both critical praise and legions of fans. Her stories have been lauded as “thrill-packed page turners, white- knuckle rides and edge-of-your-seat whodunits.”

Erica loves meeting and interacting with her fans, both in person and online. She has a wicked se...more
More about Erica Spindler...
See Jane Die (Stacy Killian #1) Last Known Victim Killer Takes All Bone Cold Breakneck (Kitt Lundgren, #2)